View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Introduce yourself here!

Postby paraguru » 04 Sep 2009, 01:26

I am from the Seattle locale. I receive the Atlantis Rising Magazine, and for the most part it's a paranormal national inquirer to me. However, I read and re-read the article about scepcop. I cannot thank you enough for existing.

Many, many times in my life and my paranormal research I have come across a crass, belligerent and rude psuedo skeptic.

In truth and by their actions, these pseudo-skeptics are defenders of the status quo and materialism. They are fanatics and dogmatists who have no regard for facts, evidence or truth, but have an a priori faith-based belief that paranormal phenomena is impossible and therefore set out to debunk it, not investigate it. And they will distort, dismiss and obfuscate to get their way. Thus, they generally have no objectivity toward evidence, but bigotry and emotional fanaticism.
"Night has patterns that can be read,
Less by the living than by the dead."
~The Book of Counted Sorrows, Dead Koontz

Re: 'Lo.

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Sep 2009, 02:09

Postby Scepcop » 10 Sep 2009, 02:49

Hi Paraguru,
So that issue hit the stands already? Awesome. I hope it will bring in more quality traffic.

That part about pseudoskeptics has been updated and revised though, in the introduction page of the treatise:

Welcome to the forum.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Site Admin

Postby The Warrigal » 14 Sep 2009, 10:35

The Warrigal

Return to Introduce Yourself