[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean : Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean

Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.

The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean

Postby Bucky the Badger » 01 Apr 2012, 05:50

Has anyone else ever heard of this? (Link: http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html ) Is it genuine?
Bucky the Badger

Re: The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean

Postby Arouet » 01 Apr 2012, 06:22

Ok, so are you a delayed spammer? before I'm clicking on that link why don't you tell us what it is, and why you're wondering?
Arouet

Postby Bucky the Badger » 01 Apr 2012, 06:40

No, I am not a spammer, and I am simply wodering if these tablets are real or fake. That's all. From what I can gather, these tablets were discovered in South America by a certain Michael Doreal. They contain wisdom written by Thoth as he left Atlantis.
Bucky the Badger

Postby Arouet » 01 Apr 2012, 07:41

Ok, you have made some substantive posts - just that we get a LOT of new posters who are spammers here. I don't know anything about those tablets, sorry!
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Apr 2012, 23:54

For the record, the link is fine and dandy. Of course, once again I know nothing about this subject. I do know that we had someone post a link to another site and his name was THoTH . I don't know if that will help.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 02 Apr 2012, 00:52

Bucky has posted elsewhere so I know he/she isn't the typical spammer we find in these parts.

The "Emerald Tablets" this web site is implying a relationship to are the supposed teachings of the great Hermes, a man who became canonized as the God Thoth as well as in the form of Hermes & Mercury -- the messenger of the gods.

It's been years since I've dealt with this topic so I really can't shine too focused a light on things, at a cursory glance I'm seeing a New Age variation to classic Hermetic thinking -- an attempt to distance true Hermetics from its Occult standing you might say. Bottom line is, you will learn far more about true Hermetics by starting with the Kybalion ( and )

I can't recall if the actual emerald tablets were found or are simply alluded to in other writings, the lore is that Hermes Trismegistus ( -- one of several names associated with the same character; this is the Greek inference) composed a library of knowledge -- a "bible" of sorts which serves as the foundation of both, physical/carnal science as well as spiritual & mental science a.k.a. Metaphysics. These writings were set onto tablets of emerald and in some forms of the tale there are likewise gold & silver "leaves".

Depending on the lore you listen to, it is believed that the true library is hidden in a room resting between the paws of the Sphinx . . . then again, there secrets of Atlantis, true Astrology and proof that ET & friends populated the earth can likewise be found on this same site . . . if we are to believe the hundreds of theories and psychic impressions that have been taught over the past 200 or so years (mainly).

:idea: I Nearly Forgot. . . this same material is where "The Secret" evolved out of.
Craig Browning

Postby Bucky the Badger » 02 Apr 2012, 03:29

For the record these tablets are not to be confused with the Emerald Tablets used by alchemists in the Middle Ages, althugh they could have the same ancient author. I couldn't find much on Michael Doreal other than he founded the Brotherhood of the White Temple after discovering the tablets in the 1930s. That's about it. It sounds a bit like a hoax, since the website only shows a drawing of the tablets, but I'm still unsure.
Bucky the Badger

Return to Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings