Sponsors: Benefits of Living Abroad

View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile App          Join Mailing List

Russell Brunson, DotcomSecrets - Stupidest Scam Tactics!

Expose scams and scammers here. Caution: Use with good reason. See rules inside.
Forum rules
Caution: Use this area with good reason. If you are naming people or companies, make sure that they truly cheated or wronged you or others and have no defense. No gray areas. Moderators reserve the right to remove posts that do not comply with the above. Note that the accused are allowed to post their side of the story here, and if they can demonstrate that they are innocent or that a gray area exists, moderators may remove their name from threads at their discretion.

Russell Brunson, DotcomSecrets - Stupidest Scam Tactics!

Postby Scepcop » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Share |
Hey check this out. This is the youngest looking internet marketing guru I've ever seen. He looks like he should be getting drunk in college frat parties. LOL

His name is Russell Brunson. Check out his photo here:

http://www.dotcomsecrets.com

He calls his club the "DotCom Illuminati", to bank off the image of an all powerful elite claimed by the conspiracy movement. lol

Here is him doing seminars and claiming to have his own private jet.

ImageImageImage

Does this jet really have "dotcom secrets air" on it, or did he photoshop that in? lol

Here is the income he claims you can make if you join his club:

Check out the wording in his Illuminati ad. Doesn't it sound like it's trying to prey on the dumbest wannabees? lol

Check out his over the top promo video about the benefits of joining his elite exclusive club, which he is opening the door and offering membership to, if you act now. lol It's hilarious. You gotta see it.

https://clickdotcom.com/illuminati/

He claims that once you join his elite club, you will become a receiver at the top of the pyramid, which all the online millionaires belong to and owe their success to, due to their secret connections, and secret methods that the public doesn't have. lol Once you're in, you will be privy to their secrets. lol He says he is opening the membership doors for you, just this once. lol

You guys gotta see that promo video above. It's very entertaining and over the top. lol

What the hell is all this? Is this a scam? How does it work? What is he selling or offering exactly? How is he making money?

Amazingly, he's done interviews with the major news networks, such as NBC, ABC and Fox. See the clips below. Does that mean he's not a scam? Why would they interview him?

http://www.dotcomsecrets.com/media-page/
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Russell Brunson, DotCom Illuminati Guru? Is this a scam?

Postby Arouet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:13 am

Yes its a scam.

And he makes money by getting people to direct traffic to his site. So why are you helping him?
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 am

Arouet wrote:Yes its a scam.

And he makes money by getting people to direct traffic to his site. So why are you helping him?

I'm not helping him. How does this thread help him? It ridicules him and has the word "scam" in the thread title. That doesn't help him.

He doesn't make money from traffic alone. He doesn't get paid if you just visit his site. He charges $97 a month to be part of his secret society of elite online millionaires, which he says is measly and only a measure to weed out non-serious trolls, because he says in the promo video, that he is so rich that he doesn't even need your money. lol

What's odd is if you go to Google and type in "Russell Brunson scam" you get a bunch of shill sites created to refute the notion that he is a scam. lol WTF? I guess he must be really good at dominating search engines. lol Now anyone who types that in will see only sites that he controls. lol

Wow, what a winner huh? lol Try it and you'll see what I mean. A lot of internet marketing gurus do that - they create tons of shill sites with their name in it, followed by the word "scam", to refute any suspicions that they are a scam. Isn't that brilliant? lol I guess he knows how to cover his bases. lol

Even you must admire such ingenuity right, Arouet? lol

Arouet, doesn't it sound tempting to you, to join his "online millionaires club"? lol

Isn't that ad above so tempting and enticing to you? lol

Btw, how did he get on the mainstream media? Does that mean he's legit?

He claims, I think, to have become a millionaire when he was still a senior in high school. lol. Do you believe that? lol Has that ever happened before, where a high school punk starts a business and becomes a millionaire while still in high school? lol
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Scepcop wrote:I'm not helping him. How does this thread help him? It ridicules him and has the word "scam" in the thread title. That doesn't help him.

For one, there's no such thing as bad publicity. For two, I had to click your thread about him being on Fox News because I'm a news junkie and I had never seen him so there you go, another hit on his site. Turns out, as I had suspected, that it was a local news affiliate. Scepcop, you do know the difference between the National Fox News Channel and a local Fox affiliate, don't you? This is the second time that it has been claimed in this forum that someone was on Fox News when it turns out it was just a local affiliate. Hell I could get on a local news affiliate simply by calling them and telling them my farts don't smell.
To use Winston's words--"sheesh!"
ProfWag

Re: Russell Brunson, Millionaire Illuminati Guru or Scam? LO

Postby Scepcop » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Arouet,
Check this out. LOL

Russell Brunson says in his over the top recruitment video that you don't need to have a lot of traffic on your website to make good money. All you have to do is use the secrets that the elite online millionaires use to put themselves at the top of the "cash flow pyramid", where they reap all the benefits of easy passive cash flow. Once you are part of his club, you are no longer one of the "sheep" who need traffic to make money. LOL All you have to do to be in on these secrets of the elite millionaires, is to join his club and pay $97 a month (which he doesn't need, but wants you to pay to show that you're serious LOL). But you only have 24 minutes to decide if you want in or not. LOL (not 23 or 25 minutes, but exactly 24 minutes LOL) Gee, is that a good sell or what? LOL I'm sure anyone with a great IQ and critical thinking skills will fall for it. LOL

https://clickdotcom.com/illuminati/

Isn't that so titillating to you Arouet? LOL Aren't you about to have an orgasm from this? LOLOLOL

Btw, is that really his jet in the photo above, or did he photoshop his company name on it? LOL
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Scepcop, why are you wasting even a second on this guy? Or any of these get rich quick sites. I get the sense you're hoping that one will be legit, but the reality is these guys are making their money on the dreams of people like you who want to make easy money doing very little.

Erase your bookmark for him and stop looking at sites like his.

If you want real advice on how to get more traffic to your sites, consult an expert in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), or research it yourself. There are relatively easy things you can do to help make sure your sites show near the top of google when people search for topics related to your site. But you should just ignore these guys!
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Oh wait, there's more! Look at this. LOL

Even the federal government endorses Russell Brunson and recommends his business opportunity! Look! LOL

http://www.thefederalwatch.com/russell-brunson/

Look at the logo and header on that site. LOL. It looks like it's part of the US government doesn't it? LOL Or at least, that's what Russell Brunson wants you to THINK! LOL

Gee. If this guy is not a scam, like all the shill sites claim, then why doesn't he use more honest genuine tactics, rather than deceptive ones like pretending to be endorsed by a government agency with a misleading website? LOL Is that what an honest legit person does? LOL Doesn't that do more harm to him than good? You gotta wonder. LOL

If he's such a successful multi-millionaire, why would he need to use such deceptive and cheap tactics?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Arouet wrote:Scepcop, why are you wasting even a second on this guy? Or any of these get rich quick sites. I get the sense you're hoping that one will be legit, but the reality is these guys are making their money on the dreams of people like you who want to make easy money doing very little.

Erase your bookmark for him and stop looking at sites like his.

If you want real advice on how to get more traffic to your sites, consult an expert in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), or research it yourself. There are relatively easy things you can do to help make sure your sites show near the top of google when people search for topics related to your site. But you should just ignore these guys!

Oh don't worry. I've read up a lot on SEO. I know about it. I'm not hoping for anything. I started this thread to make fun of him for satirical purposes. Can't you tell? Why do you think I keep making LOL's? Because I'm laughing and making fun of all this. Why aren't you laughing too? Why are you so serious? LOL This is a satirical thread.

Don't you find his cheap low down marketing attempts to be hilarious? LOL
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:45 pm

I dunno, scams aren't all that funny. People fall for this stuff and give him money.
Arouet

Re: Russell Brunson - The Stupidest Scam Tactics I've Ever S

Postby WhiteKnight4U » Wed May 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Well for a guy who is so called scamming people, he is certainly getting a reputation for speaking and teaching. I saw a video where people paid him $5000 each for a weekend workshop and boy I thought it was fantastic.

He is doing some things right and I wonder is this is the jealous of the rich coming through.

Just my 2cents worth.
WhiteKnight4U

Re: Russell Brunson, DotcomSecrets - Stupidest Scam Tactics!

Postby Scepcop » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:05 am

A friend of mine recently Googled Russell Brunson and DotcomSecrets, and was shocked to find similar results. He wrote me:

Hi Winston,

This is funny.

A friend here, a Swedish man, is a member of this dotcomsecrets pyramid. Totally believes in it, asked me to sign up.

I watched the video (very well done, I have to admit), but could see immediately that it's a pyramid scheme. I then did some research and found out exactly what you did: search for "dotcomsecrets scam" and get dozens upon dozens of fake sites and fake reviews. Amazing! Wow!

So I tried an unusual search... "dotcomsecrets pyramid"... and what are the only two negative reviews I have found so far? Yours!

viewtopic.php?t=2109
http://russell-brunson-scam.blogspot.kr ... -scam.html (your comment at the bottom of yet another fake review!)

Wow! It kind of looks like we live in a world of brainless zombies who believe this crap, and we are the only ones to see it for what it is: A (brilliant, I must admit) pyramid scheme. His disclaimer even recommends that people DON'T sign up so I guess no one can claim he is doing anything illegal! The guy's a genius, gotta hand it to him.

Well done for doing your part to expose this worthless shit. Jesus, is this all that we have left in this world? Fakery?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Russell Brunson, DotcomSecrets - Stupidest Scam Tactics!

Postby KimberlyHardacre » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:20 am

This illuminati business keeps getting weirder and weirder...but what can we do, rather than sit and watch it develop...
KimberlyHardacre

Return to Scam Warnings