View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA

Postby G. ADAM » 14 Jan 2011, 13:52

Dude, you totally misread that security forum, every post says you cannot reverse the MD5 hash.

30 digits will prevent a brute force / database approach.

I'm trying to work out my own protocol aswell, so a few more goes with MD5 won't hurt.

If you want to try another trial and go for 20:1 ODDS TOTAL BROKEN then select FOUR NEW WORDS and list them.

We can try your rules on Demo Trials 6 to 10.

Little bit of cooperation will go a long way.
G. ADAM

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jan 2011, 02:33

Instead of all these encryptions and acronyms that I don't understand, couldn't I just e-mail a number between 1 and 5 to a few people and then you tell us what number it was?
ProfWag

Postby G. ADAM » 15 Jan 2011, 06:51

Scientific Method is pretty open, but refusing to replicate a positive result is ludicrous!

Our newest member replica

None of you believe in signs either?
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 15 Jan 2011, 07:07

G. ADAM wrote:Scientific Method is pretty open, but refusing to replicate a positive result is ludicrous!

Our newest member replica

None of you believe in signs either?

I don't know what any of that means. The wiki on MD5 sites numerous problems with it. google pulls up tons of reverse MD5 hash programs. If you want to continue without the MD5 I'm game.

Also, before we continue, I want to know how many trials you propose doing and what you consider a successful trial.
Arouet

Postby G. ADAM » 15 Jan 2011, 07:18

Nope! Only basic words and phrases can be reverse MD5'd as pointed out 4 times now.

If you want to switch to WINZIP encryptions fair enough, but changing the protocol after a true positive is cheating.
G. ADAM

Postby G. ADAM » 15 Jan 2011, 07:23

Arouet wrote:and what you consider a successful trial.

This is pure poppycock!

Bit late for that after you completed a trial.

Now you are backing away that I didn't read you mind at all.

I'm seeing the OPPOSITE of cooperation all over again here! I have short patience.

The demo trial 2 is all I really needed from you guys, other forums are now showing interest from that result.

Take it or leave it!
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 15 Jan 2011, 07:37

G. ADAM wrote:Nope! Only basic words and phrases can be reverse MD5'd as pointed out 4 times now.

If you want to switch to WINZIP encryptions fair enough, but changing the protocol after a true positive is cheating.

What true positive? you got a hit, great! Did you think that I would not expect you to get any? I've expressed my concerns about the MD5 from the beginning. It's hardly cheating. I've suggested another way that I feel comfortable with. I shouldn't have started with the encryption thing in the first place.

Your choice, certainly doesn't bother me any way.

We also need to establish how many trials we're planning on doing and what is to be considered a success. I'm happy to start from scratch, or continue from where we left off with one hit, one miss. But we need to flesh out the protocol first.
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 15 Jan 2011, 07:40

G. ADAM wrote:
Arouet wrote:and what you consider a successful trial.

This is pure poppycock!

Bit late for that after you completed a trial.

Now you are backing away that I didn't read you mind at all.

I'm seeing the OPPOSITE of cooperation all over again here! I have short patience.

The demo trial 2 is all I really needed from you guys, other forums are now showing interest from that result.

Take it or leave it!

Dude, you're going to get hits by chance no matter what. On average you should get about 20% correct with 5 zener cards, if I'm not mistaken. If you didn't get any right THAT would be weird!

Anyone who is impressed by one successful guess is not thinking critically about it.

You really have a strange way of going about this.
Arouet

Postby G. ADAM » 15 Jan 2011, 08:43

For the last time, if you refuse to replicate a successful result then your scientific method is nothing I want to partake in.

This happens every time I pass a trial, skeptics lift the bar before a significant result is established.

If you don't want to continue with the demonstration and nobody else will then I'm out!

Thanks for being a 1 question sucker!
G. ADAM

Postby G. ADAM » 15 Jan 2011, 08:47

Your "objections from the beginning about encryption" were actually "you didn't now anything about it".

MD5 is the most used encryption system world wide.
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 15 Jan 2011, 08:55

G. ADAM wrote:For the last time, if you refuse to replicate a successful result then your scientific method is nothing I want to partake in.

This happens every time I pass a trial, skeptics lift the bar before a significant result is established.

If you don't want to continue with the demonstration and nobody else will then I'm out!

Thanks for being a 1 question sucker!

The encryption has nothing to do with your method of guessing, right? So why are you objecting? What bar is being raised? This is just about keeping things honest, right? It appears that MD5 hashes can be reversed. There appear to be a bunch of websites that do it. So how can I trust that you have not just found a website that can reverse the hash we give you and get the answer? I can't. It is true that I hadn't looked into it. I've done a little bit of research and it appears that there are websites that can reverse these hashes. I agree I should have insisted before starting, when canis began I jumped on. That was unwise of me.

Are you interested in continuing or not? How many trials do you want to do? 20? How many hits will be considered statistically significant?
Arouet

Postby G. ADAM » 15 Jan 2011, 09:08

No. I've explained 5 times already that posting the encryption locks in the word to guess.

If you send me a naked page and line number it's liable to read ANY of your recent thoughts.

All those reverse MD5 sites are just databases of a few million text strings.

You would need over 1000000000000000000000000000000 records database file to crack our MD5s.

I agree 5:1 ODDS is nothing, but you backed on trying for 25:1 ODDS with another trial.

If you bail on the first sign of success you're truly a pseudo-skeptic.
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 15 Jan 2011, 09:26

G. ADAM wrote:No. I've explained 5 times already that posting the encryption locks in the word to guess.

If you send me a naked page and line number it's liable to read ANY of your recent thoughts.

All those reverse MD5 sites are just databases of a few million text strings.

You would need over 1000000000000000000000000000000 records database file to crack our MD5s.

I agree 5:1 ODDS is nothing, but you backed on trying for 25:1 ODDS with another trial.

If you bail on the first sign of success you're truly a pseudo-skeptic.

Dude, I haven't bailed. I just don't want to take your word for it that you don't have a site that can reverse these hashes and get the answer (or even a part of the answer). You may be right, but I don't know that. I find your insistance on it a bit suspicious, to be honest, which doesn't help me believe you. I don't know you. I see these sites saying they can reverse the hashes. Now, I can spend a lot of hours to research this and figure out if you're telling the truth (which I'm not interested in because I really don't care about encryption) or we can just proceed based on my original suggestion of PMing.

Anyhow, let's first figure out what we're talking about for this trial. How many guesses are we doing? What is to be considered a successful test? 10 seems far too few. Is 20 enough? 40? 50? And how many hits are we considering to be significant?
Arouet

Postby G. ADAM » 15 Jan 2011, 10:37

If you can't use any encryption system at all it's really quite pathetic.

You can lookup www.automeasure.com/chance.html

and work out how many trials, pass rate will be set at 50%. Or search binomial calculator.

Try out your MD5 HASH on a few of the 'MD5 crackers!'.

None of them will get it.
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 15 Jan 2011, 12:02

G. ADAM wrote:If you can't use any encryption system at all it's really quite pathetic.

You can lookup http://www.automeasure.com/chance.html

and work out how many trials, pass rate will be set at 50%. Or search binomial calculator.

Try out your MD5 HASH on a few of the 'MD5 crackers!'.

None of them will get it.

You've been doing this for ten years, tell us how many trials you propose, and how many hits will be considered a success.
Arouet

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy