View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Cases where Psychic's information finds body or makes arrest

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Cases where Psychic's information finds body or makes ar

Postby ProfWag » 15 Aug 2011, 06:22

NinjaPuppy wrote: We do however, have quite a few turkeys around here. :lol:

Heeeeyyyy, I resemble that remark...
ProfWag

Re: Cases where Psychic's information finds body or makes ar

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Aug 2011, 04:00

Arouet wrote:His implication is if I can't explain it, it must be true. But that's the wrong way to approach the question. The correct way is to ask: has the problem presented enough reliable evidence to form a reliable conclusion? What Scepcop is doing can't be described as skepticism.

Back to basics here, using the online "Merrian-Webster" definition of the word:

Skepticism
1: an attitude of doubt or a disposition to incredulity either in general or toward a particular object
2a : the doctrine that true knowledge or knowledge in a particular area is uncertain
2b : the method of suspended judgment, systematic doubt, or criticism characteristic of skeptics
3: doubt concerning basic religious principles (as immortality, providence, and revelation)

From the definition, it seems to me that Scepcop is applying skepticism (#1) to the video and it's contents (a particular object), by simply putting it out there for open discussion.

Has the video presented enough reliable evidence to for a reliable conclusion? No, but it has provided enough reliable evidence to be a YouTube video to provide some discussion about the information presented in that video. The video is about a set of twins and one particular personal experience that they claim to be true and accurate. Is it true and accurate? Who knows? I can't verify their claims but perhaps someone out there knows of another similar experience, and another and another. It still won't provide absolute proof of anything other than a bunch of YouTube video stories made by identical twins but it's an interesting discussion topic for an internet forum such as this.
NinjaPuppy

Previous

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy