View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Would Randi take a Lie Detector Test?

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Would Randi take a Lie Detector Test?

Postby highflyertoo » 18 Aug 2009, 18:02

Does anyone know the number to ring up Pyrrho of skeptic society. I will show him how the leech has followed me here and is STALKING ME as was on the Skeptic Society.

I think the man may be very violent as he loves weapons of war and was raised on an army barrack, his father is a retired Psychiatrist in Australia. The man kept taunting me for months without the moderator doing anything. except having me banned. I hpoe Pyrrho reads his post on this site.

The man who has been stalking me is obssessed with me, and then threatened to have legal action taken against me because I rang Matthew's Father to see if things were Ok. The Man Matthew is not well IMHO.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby The Professor » 18 Aug 2009, 19:46

Basically ... No one who has committed a crime takes the lie detector. Their lawyers know it would expose them so they refuse.

Most folks, who want to get to the bottom of things, volunteer to take a Lie detector right away!!!!!!!

Why won't randi volunteer?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby General Zod » 18 Aug 2009, 22:58

highflyertoo wrote:I'm very serious. Randi needs to prove the validity of his MDC Rules. and one way to do it is by putting him on the Truth Chair.

I'm not simply going to believe Randi because he says so. It's all about demonstrating one's nobility.

Randi must ''put up'' or ''shut up''.

Randi doesn't have to prove anything to you. You also needn't prove anything to Randi. If you doubt the validity of the MDC, then all you need to do is not apply. It's very simple.

If you prove yourself to Randi, you'll get a million dollars. What are you offering to Randi to prove himself to you? Your good opinion?

If Randi's only incentive to be drugged and hooked up to a lie detector machine is to convince you, then that's really not much of an offer. I'm sure he can live with it if you don't believe him.
General Zod

Postby Azrael » 19 Aug 2009, 00:37

The Professor wrote:Basically ... No one who has committed a crime takes the lie detector. Their lawyers know it would expose them so they refuse.

Most folks, who want to get to the bottom of things, volunteer to take a Lie detector right away!!!!!!!

Show me proof of a lie detector being succesfully admitteda s evidence in court or of one being scientifically proven. Hell Dave you could make it a bit harder to debunk your posts!

A lie detector would explode if we hooked one to you! :lol:
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby ciscop » 19 Aug 2009, 00:42

if you hook dave koenig to a LDT
probably the lie detector would sketch a troll
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby highflyertoo » 19 Aug 2009, 09:35

General Zod wrote:
highflyertoo wrote:I'm very serious. Randi needs to prove the validity of his MDC Rules. and one way to do it is by putting him on the Truth Chair.

I'm not simply going to believe Randi because he says so. It's all about demonstrating one's nobility.

Randi doesn't have to prove anything to you. You also needn't prove anything to Randi. If you doubt the validity of the MDC, then all you need to do is not apply. It's very simple.

If you prove yourself to Randi, you'll get a million dollars. What are you offering to Randi to prove himself to you? Your good opinion?

If Randi's only incentive to be drugged and hooked up to a lie detector machine is to convince you, then that's really not much of an offer. I'm sure he can live with it if you don't believe him.

Look here ! Randi is the one who has been chasing people. Randi is the one who keeps yelling'' prove it ''.
Randi is the one who started A PAYMENT CHALLENGE for people to enter in.

The ONUS is upon James Randi to prove the validity of HIS COMPETITION.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby ciscop » 19 Aug 2009, 09:43

if you dont want to take the challenge
then dont take it
keep self delluding yourself that you can move stuff with your mind
nobody believes you
you are just a dummy troll looking for attention

:D
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby highflyertoo » 19 Aug 2009, 09:53

ciscop wrote:if you dont want to take the challenge
then dont take it
keep self delluding yourself that you can move stuff with your mind
nobody believes you
you are just a dummy troll looking for attention

:D

Nah
highflyertoo

Postby Mistislav D'ralle » 19 Aug 2009, 13:19

highflyertoo wrote:Does anyone know the number to ring up Pyrrho of skeptic society. I will show him how the leech has followed me here and is STALKING ME as was on the Skeptic Society.

I think the man may be very violent as he loves weapons of war and was raised on an army barrack, his father is a retired Psychiatrist in Australia. The man kept taunting me for months without the moderator doing anything. except having me banned. I hpoe Pyrrho reads his post on this site.

The man who has been stalking me is obssessed with me, and then threatened to have legal action taken against me because I rang Matthew's Father to see if things were Ok. The Man Matthew is not well IMHO.

Hey Mr Highflyertoo. It is to you too that you have been treated with unjustness. My friend from boat. He called local apparatchik a fool and psychiatric come to boat and send him to state hospital. Mr Pyrrho and Mr Matthew are bad people. Mr Pyrrho should have been reading at your posts when he banned you as he moderator. He just ban people with random number generator for fairness perhaps. I not know. You should warn Mr Matthew father that you will not ring him again so he can stop stalking you when you ring him for being psychiatric. You know old saying Wicked men are are like red moon over wheat field as they both fear black cats. You should use your gift with telekenesis to find Mr Pyrrho's telecom number in USA book.
Mistislav D'ralle

Postby General Zod » 19 Aug 2009, 14:17

highflyertoo wrote:Look here ! Randi is the one who has been chasing people. Randi is the one who keeps yelling'' prove it ''.
Randi is the one who started A PAYMENT CHALLENGE for people to enter in.

The ONUS is upon James Randi to prove the validity of HIS COMPETITION.

As I said before, you can't possibly be serious.

If you don't like Randi's challenge, don't participate. All you're doing by complaining is drawing more attention to the MDC, which benefits Randi much more than it benefits you.

You can print in as large a font as you like, but it doesn't change that Randi doesn't have to prove anything to you- any more than you have to prove anything to him.
General Zod

Postby brett » 19 Aug 2009, 14:43

general zod opined : " but it doesn't change that Randi doesn't have to prove anything to you- any more than you have to prove anything to him."

so if your last comment is correct then whats the point in anyone taking the challenge in the first place ?? why should they bother IF ,as you opine "they don't have to prove anything to him " seems like a self defeating argument to me :?
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
brett

Postby JonDonnis » 19 Aug 2009, 16:50

Dont you think much smarter pople than me or you have looked at the MDC rules?
Dont you think very highly paid lawyers havent looked at the rules?
If there was anything wrong he would have been exposed long ago.

Being skeptical of the skeptics is fine, but if you want to expose someone, then use critical thinking and skepticism.
JonDonnis

Postby JonDonnis » 19 Aug 2009, 16:52

The Professor wrote:Basically ... No one who has committed a crime takes the lie detector. Their lawyers know it would expose them so they refuse.

"Ask Melvin Foster if he trusts the polygraph test. Despite his innocence, he was thought by many to be the Green River Killer after a failed polygraph or "lie detector" test in 1982. Meanwhile, the real killer, Gary Ridgway, passed his polygraph test despite murdering 50 women. Foster was under a cloud of suspicion for 20 years, until DNA evidence and Ridgway's confession cleared him."
JonDonnis

Postby highflyertoo » 19 Aug 2009, 17:08

JonDonnis wrote:

Dont you think much smarter pople than me or you have looked at the MDC rules?
Dont you think very highly paid lawyers havent looked at the rules?
If there was anything wrong he would have been exposed long ago.

Being skeptical of the skeptics is fine, but if you want to expose someone, then use critical thinking and skepticism.

Do you know the names of the highly paid lawyers who have scoured the rules for ''bogus faults'' ? or are you only Speculating your own biased opinion as per usual?.

I'm not a highly paid lawyer, yet I see many faults in the MDC Rules which could allow Randi to have tests and re-tests and more tests, followed by more tests.

Name the time frame of the Preliminary Test and Final Test which can include more ''sets of the final test'' to make, reach conclusive findings.

NAME THE TIME FRAME!!
highflyertoo

Postby The Warrigal » 19 Aug 2009, 17:23

Hi Highflyer.

With respect. - I think that you are flogging one very dead horse here.

Several people have tried to explain to you that the much vaunted lie detector doesn't work as advertised and can easily be defeated.

I am interested in your stated ability to perform TK, however, but if you can do as you say then please show us don't tell us.
The Warrigal

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge