View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Would Randi take a Lie Detector Test?

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Would Randi take a Lie Detector Test?

Postby highflyertoo » 12 Sep 2009, 22:00

Hey Ciscop. They locked up Galileo for following Copernicus' ''truther knowledge'', and the government locked me up for speaking out about the paranormal.

It's seems there's a pattern of the government locking up people when people speak the TRUTH.

So if you ciscop want to keep pretending that there's no truth in what I say, then wait and see.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby quantumparanormal » 12 Sep 2009, 22:21

highflyertoo wrote:So if you ciscop want to keep pretending that there's no truth in what I say, then wait and see.

Be careful debating csicop: he's armed with the greatest asset a pseudo-skeptic could ever possess: Two words: quacks and wackos! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 12 Sep 2009, 23:09

hahahaha seems to me i finally got under your skin mikey
i got the best out of you now! :lol:

and mikey is jumping the question!!
little mikey is a freaking pseudo skeptic!!
a closeted one!
hahahahaha

HOW COME YOU CANT SAY THAT RADIN MIGHT BE WRONG??
seems to me a true skeptic can say PSI exist or not, i did! you DIDNT! hahaha

and you are befriending a mental case!
did you read what he said? he was locked up for speaking about theparanormal.. HAHAHAHAHAHA
great friends you are making here lil mikey! that guy for sure will help your case,
just like you, he is a blind faith follower of radin and a jref hater. :lol:

i found a picture of you

awesome!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
you just made my morning
my pseudo skeptic friend!
have an awesome weekend
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 12 Sep 2009, 23:19

csiocop, How old are you, 13, 17? You suffer greatly from cognitive dissonance. Do they have good psychologists in Guadalupe? I'd suggest you frequent one's office, wacko.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 12 Sep 2009, 23:33

quantumparanormal wrote:
ciscop wrote:but science has told us that psi DOESNT NOT EXIST.

Prove it. Show me the evidence that psi does NOT EXIST.

dont worry
i wont use logic since it seems to hard for you to understand
and you can keep going back to copy paste my comments out of context
after all you are the same guy that wants to give a quack science procedure to a guy on his dying bed, how twisted and sick is that?
you are a radin fundamentalist! thats your religion! how sick! how immature and emotional unstable it is to wish to put a lying detector to a guy soon to depart!.. man, thats revolting!, but i guess thats how cults start.. just following blindly a guy without asking.. could he be wrong?

common pseudo, can you say it!?
RADIN MIGHT BE ALL WRONG!?

or will you jump the question?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ciscop » 12 Sep 2009, 23:38

quantumparanormal wrote:csiocop, How old are you, 13, 17? You suffer greatly from cognitive dissonance. Do they have good psychologists in Guadalupe? I'd suggest you frequent one's office, wacko.

uuh
a racist joke!
hahaha
seems to me you are now UNDER my level
hahaha

well done lil mickey
go for all !

Hey! and now i know how to scare you away!
YOU CANT ANSWER THE QUESTION CAN YOU?
hahahaha
Lil racist Mickey is a PSEUDO SKEPTIC!
ciscop

Postby soldiergirl » 12 Sep 2009, 23:55

quantumparanormal wrote:
soldiergirl wrote:How is that an exaggeration exactly? The professor wants him to take a polygraph so he should coordinate and pay for it. Its really quite simple.

It's an exaggeration to assume 1) "The Professor will pan handle the money to pay for the polygraph," 2) "get a polygraph examiner who works for a federal law enforcement agency," 3) "pay for all accomedations," 4) "pay his fee," and 5) Randi would go along with it, as it's evidenced time and time again Randi won't (besides the other things), as he hasn't yet despite the many calls for him to do so (from what I've been told), so what has changed since then that would change his mind? It's really quite that simple.

1. Well I merely suggest pan handling cause there is no way in hell he makes money from his goofy psychic abilities and trying to move teacups. Ever read one of his posts? No way that guy can hold down any normal job.
2. Why is this an exaggeration?
3. Umm when an attorney calls in an expert witness from another area all accomedations get paid for. Why would you presume the examiner pays for his own accomedations?
4. Why are we beating a dead horse here. Have you ever seen a person paying for their own examination when it is someone else wanting them to take the exam?
5. Oh so you are saying Randi has been offered to take an all paid for polygraph by a top examiner? Give me the name of th examiner please.
soldiergirl

Postby ciscop » 13 Sep 2009, 00:03

highflyertoo wrote:Hey Ciscop. They locked up Galileo for following Copernicus' ''truther knowledge'', and the government locked me up for speaking out about the paranormal.

It's seems there's a pattern of the government locking up people when people speak the TRUTH.

So if you ciscop want to keep pretending that there's no truth in what I say, then wait and see.

and yes dear highflyer
i do consider you the galileo of the paranormal movement
i already told you, you are the frontrunner of the antiskepticism movement
and sheeps like lil mickey should follow you (already are supporting you)
:D
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 13 Sep 2009, 00:24

soldiergirl wrote:1. Well I merely suggest pan handling cause there is no way in hell he makes money from his goofy psychic abilities and trying to move teacups.

See? Emotional immaturity at its best. Enough said.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby quantumparanormal » 13 Sep 2009, 00:26

ciscop wrote:
quantumparanormal wrote:csiocop, How old are you, 13, 17? You suffer greatly from cognitive dissonance. Do they have good psychologists in Guadalupe? I'd suggest you frequent one's office, wacko.

uuh
a racist joke!
hahaha
hahaha

well done lil mickey
go for all !

hahahaha

Jeesh. Seems someone forget his meds. :lol: Relax. It's only a forum.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby Frank Lee » 13 Sep 2009, 00:50

quantumparanormal wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:You guys would have to define your terms before continuing. What would constitute proof that the MDC is "legit"?

Well, I can't speak for others, but for me, a notarized bank statement showing the latest account balance (let's say, past 6 months), specifically showing a million or more dollars. That would take care of the enough-money claim and would satisfy me. Perhaps this evidence already exists?

Again, I don't care if it's legit or illegitimate either way. I just want to see the empirical data that can demonstrate what is true either way.

However, one could further argue that the rules and methods in place are so stringent that, perhaps, it's "impossible" for anyone to be able to win the challenge, but I'm not arguing this, just stating it for completeness' sake. I simply want to know if the money is there or not. Simple.

The JREF posts the statement from Goldman Sachs which holds the one million+ dollars in an account. Here's the most recent one (pdf):

http://www.randi.org/challenge/goldmansachs.pdf

But that may not qualify as evidence to you, so what would?

Would you have to see the million dollars in cash in a vault with James Randi sitting among the bills like Scrooge McDuke while the president of Goldman Sachs and the Pope swear on a stack of bibles that the money belongs to the JREF?

Frank Lee
Frank Lee

Postby ciscop » 13 Sep 2009, 00:52

quantumparanormal wrote:
ciscop wrote:

uuh
a racist joke!
hahaha
hahaha

well done lil mickey
go for all !

hahahaha

Jeesh. Seems someone forget his meds. :lol: Relax. It's only a forum.

hahaha nah! im having fun with you my pseudo skeptic friend
:-p i just like seeing you reducing to your true level

so lil mickey, stop jumping the question
RADIN MIGHT BE ALL WRONG?

ups! you are making a .com founded by his ¨studies¨
nah, i guess you cant go on record saying he is wrong, can you?
how very convenient

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by ciscop on 13 Sep 2009, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
ciscop

Postby ciscop » 13 Sep 2009, 00:54

Frank Lee wrote:
quantumparanormal wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:You guys would have to define your terms before continuing. What would constitute proof that the MDC is "legit"?

Would you have to see the million dollars in cash in a vault with James Randi sitting among the bills like Scrooge McDuke while the president of Goldman Sachs and the Pope swear on a stack of bibles that the money belongs to the JREF?

Frank Lee

YES SIR ! I WOULD
that would be my desktop wallpaper for a long time
Last edited by ciscop on 13 Sep 2009, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 14 Sep 2009, 02:39

Frank Lee wrote:The JREF posts the statement from Goldman Sachs which holds the one million+ dollars in an account. Here's the most recent one (pdf):

http://www.randi.org/challenge/goldmansachs.pdf

Unfortunately, it's not notarized.

Frank Lee wrote:But that may not qualify as evidence to you, so what would?

Your type of response is, unfortunately, so common around here. Either you guys are not carefully reading what I write, my writing is illegible, and/or your emotions disallow you from objectively thinking about what I'm saying. Here's what I said would "qualify as evidence" for me:

QP wrote:Well, I can't speak for others, but for me, a notarized bank statement showing the latest account balance (let's say, past 6 months), specifically showing a million or more dollars.

Given my answer, I'm not sure why you would say, "But that may not qualify as evidence to you, so what would?"

Frank Lee wrote:Would you have to see the million dollars in cash in a vault with James Randi sitting among the bills like Scrooge McDuke while the president of Goldman Sachs and the Pope swear on a stack of bibles that the money belongs to the JREF?

This is just more exaggeration, another common attribute around here, and it proves nothing but the writer's emotional immaturity.

I would not like to "see the million dollars in cash in a vault with James Randi sitting among the bills like Scrooge McDuke while the president of Goldman Sachs and the Pope swear on a stack of bibles that the money belongs to the JREF." I never even suggested that's what I'd "have to see," so, again, I'm not sure why you'd think so. I think emotions are to blame.

Again, here's what I'd like to see; read it carefully, and DO NOT let your emotions and presumptions get the better of you while you read it:

QP wrote:Well, I can't speak for others, but for me, a notarized bank statement showing the latest account balance (let's say, past 6 months), specifically showing a million or more dollars.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 14 Sep 2009, 13:51

quantumparanormal wrote:Wow! The emotionally inducted cognitive dissonance in this forum is staggeringly high. I'll back off now. I wouldn't want anyone to become psychotically unstable. You know, and this is serious/no joke, there is psychotherapy and even medication available for your type of afflictions. Just an FYI. Help is out there. Best wishes.

hahahahaha
can radin be all wrong?

jump lil mickey jump!
ciscop

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge