View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

$1,000,000 Paranormal Challenge Now Easier Than Ever

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: $1,000,000 Paranormal Challenge Now Easier Than Ever

Postby SydneyPSIder » 10 Sep 2012, 22:35

derrida wrote:Perfect!!
cant wait

i hope to see a parade of whackos..
but it will be awesome if at least one.. can actually prove he has some ability outside of the conventional

I know someone who would ace it under those terms -- but doesn't want to be the centre of a circus. They would not be able to produce 'an academic's reference' (???) or press clippings -- both of which are completely irrelevant to someone possessing an ability -- and wouldn't produce a public video clip (see 'circus' above). Is the absence of circus evidence evidence of absence?
SydneyPSIder

Postby ProfWag » 01 Jul 2013, 17:54

shengwei wrote:In case you can easlily placed that may help you 6 unclose your bright form of issue enchants add office from activity. Buy RS 3 Gold

Yea, I remember when I had my first beer too... :roll:
ProfWag

Postby Paradox » 07 Jul 2013, 02:03

Personally I don't see the point of these types of challenges since most sceptics won't be convinced anyways if an applicant passed the challenge. On the other hand I don't see the point of Zammit's challenge either, but even as a nonsceptic I think that Randi's challenge is more fair and winnable. :roll: I'd rather see investigation of the so-called paranormal stay within scientific circles, and away from publicity stunts.
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Paradox

Postby really? » 11 Jul 2013, 19:58

Paradox wrote:Personally I don't see the point of these types of challenges since most sceptics won't be convinced anyways if an applicant passed the challenge. On the other hand I don't see the point of Zammit's challenge either, but even as a nonsceptic I think that Randi's challenge is more fair and winnable. :roll: I'd rather see investigation of the so-called paranormal stay within scientific circles, and away from publicity stunts.

Since you think this, then you don't understand skepticism well at all.
really?

Postby Arouet » 11 Jul 2013, 20:52

Paradox wrote:Personally I don't see the point of these types of challenges since most sceptics won't be convinced anyways if an applicant passed the challenge. On the other hand I don't see the point of Zammit's challenge either, but even as a nonsceptic I think that Randi's challenge is more fair and winnable. :roll: I'd rather see investigation of the so-called paranormal stay within scientific circles, and away from publicity stunts.

Well, the primary point of the challenge is as a promotional vehicle for the JREF.

As for whether someone passing the MDC alone should convince skeptics that psi is real - I agree that it shouldn't. What it would do is spawn some pretty interesting research that may do just that.
Arouet

Previous

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge