View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

JREF Blackmail Tapes

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: JREF Blackmail Tapes

Postby The Professor » 26 Jul 2009, 19:45

For those who deny my integrity, here is the ORLANDO POLICE DEPARTMENTS CASE NUMBER 2009-235213
You can contact Detective Draisin at 407-246-3937
or the OPD at 407-246-2470 anytime.

Now that that question is answered I'd like to move on.

Steve ....I will look at the information provided. It might be just what i've been looking for.
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby Azrael » 26 Jul 2009, 22:09

The Professor wrote:For those who deny my integrity, here is the ORLANDO POLICE DEPARTMENTS CASE NUMBER 2009-235213
You can contact Detective Draisin at 407-246-3937
or the OPD at 407-246-2470 anytime.

Now that that question is answered I'd like to move on.

Ill answer this post as it refers to me. Exactly what do you think Florida police are going to do? Extradite me lol? Susupend my passport arrest me at the border? Nothing thats what. How long has it been now 4 month? More? Not even an email from good old Det Draisin. Too busy dealing with cranks.

Steve ....I will look at the information provided. It might be just what i've been looking for.
Thanks
Dave

Randi is currently quaking in his boots> What is a theme park mascot is going to achieve what no-one else has in 40 years? Zilch.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby skeprogue » 26 Jul 2009, 22:31

The Professor wrote:For those who deny my integrity, here is the ORLANDO POLICE DEPARTMENTS CASE NUMBER 2009-235213 You can contact Detective Draisin at 407-246-3937 or the OPD at 407-246-2470 anytime.

The case number for ... ?

The Professor wrote:Now that that question is answered I'd like to move on.

But the question of how you know that the fable you posted was "verbatim" remains unanswered, since a police case file would not include court transcripts.

Then we can get back to the integrity of a person who would post multiple other lies, over the course of years and on multiple fora. Like, maybe, your lie that you have been prevented from posting your own correspondance with JREF, or your lie that JREF has claimed that the DragonCon organizers "lied," or your lies that Randi has commit felony counterfeiting, or ....

Well, you get the idea.
skeprogue

Postby skeprogue » 26 Jul 2009, 22:55

Steve Knight wrote:Hi All,

I've posted a file (jamesrandifiles.zip) at: http://www.mediafire.com/?sa1x24bxgo9

It contains most of the material from my 'Randi's critics' folder, gathered during the time I've been compiling the Uri Geller bibliography (http://www.zem.demon.co.uk). Much of the material in it might be old news to some here but hopefully others will find it of use. Please note that I am not on an anti-Randi bandwagon (anymore than I'm on a pro-Geller one) and that the material in the files deals with more than just the 'blackmail tapes'. (Sorry but I couldn't be bothered to sort through it to extract the relevant bits).

How much of this material have you sourced back to original documents / direct eyewitnesses, and how much is simply repeating innuendo?
skeprogue

Postby Eteponge » 26 Jul 2009, 23:13

The most convincing argument of the Skeptics defending the Randi Tapes that I've heard is, if these Tapes are of Randi allegedly soliciting sexual acts to underage callers, why hasn't he been arrested?

There is no statute of limitations on alleged sexual crimes of this nature (to my knowledge). So, since these Tapes were leaked years ago, and Randi hasn't been arrested for them, doesn't that support Randi's official position on them?
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby leo100 » 26 Jul 2009, 23:56

Very disturbing tapes!
leo100

Postby Azrael » 27 Jul 2009, 01:37

skeprogue wrote:
The Professor wrote:For those who deny my integrity, here is the ORLANDO POLICE DEPARTMENTS CASE NUMBER 2009-235213 You can contact Detective Draisin at 407-246-3937 or the OPD at 407-246-2470 anytime.

The case number for ... ?

Apparently he reported me to police for internet stalking LMAO. WHich basically amounted to sending emails to which I got replies! What Orlando police think is a mystery Ive not heard from anyone.

But the question of how you know that the fable you posted was "verbatim" remains unanswered, since a police case file would not include court transcripts.

Then we can get back to the integrity of a person who would post multiple other lies, over the course of years and on multiple fora. Like, maybe, your lie that you have been prevented from posting your own correspondance with JREF, or your lie that JREF has claimed that the DragonCon organizers "lied," or your lies that Randi has commit felony counterfeiting, or ....

Well, you get the idea.

This is curious. When TP was applying for MDC he was all over Internet radio -LMAO again!-mentioning Randi and blah blah. Now he thinks he has such a big conspiracy and allegations of pedophilia why does he not mention this on any radio station .Must be many paranormal stations that would love to drag Randi through the mud. Surely any responsible adult would inform the police of these tapes! If TP thinks internet staliking is worthy of a case file then pedophilia must be worth an entire investigation.
BUt no all he does is write on forums and make YouTube videos. No-one agrees with him anywhere online, from what Ive heard from fellow magicians they are giving him a wide berth,distancing themselves.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby Steve Knight » 27 Jul 2009, 03:05

skeprogue wrote:
Steve Knight wrote:Hi All,

I've posted a file (jamesrandifiles.zip) at: http://www.mediafire.com/?sa1x24bxgo9

It contains most of the material from my 'Randi's critics' folder, gathered during the time I've been compiling the Uri Geller bibliography (http://www.zem.demon.co.uk). Much of the material in it might be old news to some here but hopefully others will find it of use. Please note that I am not on an anti-Randi bandwagon (anymore than I'm on a pro-Geller one) and that the material in the files deals with more than just the 'blackmail tapes'. (Sorry but I couldn't be bothered to sort through it to extract the relevant bits).

How much of this material have you sourced back to original documents / direct eyewitnesses, and how much is simply repeating innuendo?

Off hand I can't claim to have done so with any of it, though I won't swear to that since I have run a few claims to ground regarding Randi & Geller and some material pertinent to that might be in the files. The usual discretion applies to stuff collected from the internet and I hope (perhaps vainly) that people here will apply that.
Steve Knight

Postby Eteponge » 27 Jul 2009, 04:26

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?p=4929036

"Ive seen some ill informed illogical people on boards but those over there are stupid beyond anything." - Azrael

To keep up with what Azazel and friends are saying about us here behind our backs.

Thanks for proving yet again to me that the JREF Forum is nothing more than a one-sided ad hominem driven bash fest.

Quoting several of my posts out of context suggesting that I "totally side with the questioner" in that video in another thread, bullshit. I merely made an observation of the crowd's reaction, not even allowing the guy to speak his part by using shout down / laugh down tactics (I said nothing of whether or not I agreed with him, or his views, or his questions. The whole purpose of commenting on the crowd was they weren't even letting him get his questions across without trying to shout / laugh him down. That's just bad form. I don't care who the guy is, let him fully address himself and ask his questions, then if his questions are adequately challenged and shot down afterwards, with him having no good counter-arguments, laugh and jeer all you want, but let him ask them first, and allow to give a rebuttal. If he's got nothing, he should be laughed down, but only after he gets to make a fool of himself, not before.)

I'd say the same of Skeptics getting shouted down in a Paranormal Conference. Hell, I've been taking up for Skeptics here regarding "The Professor's" antics. But, hey, we're all "mindless woos" here, right?

And then another poster there quoting me asking for additional clarification on the Randi tapes from the Skeptic's side of the story, and then acting as though alleged pedophilia is "not a big deal" because it occurred over 30 years ago.

I don't quite understand that.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Azrael » 27 Jul 2009, 06:38

Regarding the quote of mine.So because I/we are skeptics devoids us of an opinion of people? Why is that?
Thanks for proving yet again to me that the JREF Forum is nothing more than a one-sided ad hominem driven bash fest.

How many members in that thread have "bashed " this forum? How many members on this forum are bashing Randi/JREF?

No difference.
Azrael

Postby Eteponge » 27 Jul 2009, 07:06

Azrael wrote:Regarding the quote of mine.So because I/we are skeptics devoids us of an opinion of people? Why is that?

How many members in that thread have "bashed " this forum? How many members on this forum are bashing Randi/JREF?

No difference.

I can fully understand the Skeptics' attitude towards The Professor. He spams that link to the Randi Tapes non-stop at every opportunity and won't back down from focusing solely on those, he won't address why he was apparently rejected from the MDC, nor will he discuss his alleged paranormal abilities, nor will he address his protocol, etc. And he attacks you all, and you all retort with equal hostility and allegations of your own against him, etc.

However, lumping us *ALL* together here as "ill informed illogical people" who are "stupid beyond everything" is going too far, IMHO.

I don't take too kindly to having my own posts taken out of context and bashed there either. (One for a personal observation of a video, and the other for merely asking questions.)

However, you are right that I often tend to bash the JREF Forums, and it's because of their hostile attitude towards everyone who holds a different opinion and perspective than they do, and seeing threads like that where it's all insults and nothing of substance.

Here, however, Skeptics are welcome. I WANT reasonable Skeptics here. I WANT other perspectives. I DON'T want flame wars and bash fests here like I see on JREF.
Eteponge

Postby skeprogue » 27 Jul 2009, 07:22

Steve Knight wrote:
skeprogue wrote:How much of this material have you sourced back to original documents / direct eyewitnesses, and how much is simply repeating innuendo?

Off hand I can't claim to have done so with any of it, though I won't swear to that since I have run a few claims to ground regarding Randi & Geller and some material pertinent to that might be in the files. The usual discretion applies to stuff collected from the internet and I hope (perhaps vainly) that people here will apply that.

You're not terrible familiar with "the Professor's" online work, are you?

Thank you for your response.
skeprogue

Postby Steve Knight » 28 Jul 2009, 06:55

skeprogue wrote:
Steve Knight wrote:
skeprogue wrote:How much of this material have you sourced back to original documents / direct eyewitnesses, and how much is simply repeating innuendo?

You're not terrible familiar with "the Professor's" online work, are you?

Thank you for your response.

As a member of both the Magic Cafe and the Randi forums I'm very familiar with Dave\Slim\The Professor and his postings. For the record, I find most of them off-putting (Sorry Dave). The question of Randi's honesty I do find pertinent however. One piece of evidence missing in the case of these tapes, and which might go a fair way to substantiating Randi's version, are the court records of the conviction of John Hitchcock. Randi refers to him as, "the local boy who was subsequently arrested, tried, and convicted for this harassment, in Rumson, N.J.". By "this harassment" I assume Randi means the act of writing Randi's phone number and a sexually inviting message in the toilets of 'The Spot' cafe which is where the youths involved (or some of them) seemingly got it. For whatever reason Randi has not as far as I'm aware provided any further evidence for this conviction other than the statement above. Naturally I stand to be corrected on that. Perhaps someone on this board has the time and resources to follow this up?

There are other (third hand) allegations of course, more serious than the suggestion that Randi is being disingenuous about the history and nature of these tapes. The folder I uploaded previously contains a file called 'The Rubino letter' that details some of these. Slim, perhaps with your conjuring connections you could be the one to contact the magician named therein and ask him about Randi's actions (or lack thereof) directly?
Steve Knight

Postby The Professor » 28 Jul 2009, 07:44

If you are asking why many criminals escape justice, there are dozens of reasons.
Many simply move away and out of the jurisdiction that would arrest them.
Others "Pay" the offended children secretly to avoid them testifying. (Michael Jackson payed out over $20,000,000.00 to potential witnesses and avoided prosecution.)
Sometimes the children will not testify if it may put them in a situation where They may be incriminated in a crime ( ie. prostitution ... hookers rarely testify since it incriminates them)
Many sex crimes have statute of limitations. I believe this is the case here but I'm not sure. (However, there are new laws in the works that could change this)
Many children are embarrassed by what they've done and refuse to testify.
Sometimes the parents don't want to put the children through it.
If victims are mentally challenged the prosecutors don't see them as good witnesses (Unfortunately)

There are literally dozens of reason why people "Get Off" even though they may be 100% guilty.
It happens all the time.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby skeprogue » 28 Jul 2009, 10:24

Steve Knight wrote:One piece of evidence missing in the case of these tapes, and which might go a fair way to substantiating Randi's version, are the court records of the conviction of John Hitchcock. Randi refers to him as, "the local boy who was subsequently arrested, tried, and convicted for this harassment, in Rumson, N.J.". By "this harassment" I assume Randi means the act of writing Randi's phone number and a sexually inviting message in the toilets of 'The Spot' cafe which is where the youths involved (or some of them) seemingly got it. For whatever reason Randi has not as far as I'm aware provided any further evidence for this conviction other than the statement above.

And for whatever reason, no one has provided any further evidence that the statement above isn't true.

But I've got to wonder what evidence you would expect Randi to provide: if his statement is true, then this was a criminal case against a minor. In such cases the court records are normally sealed, and police records purged. If his statement is not true, however, then this would have been a criminal case against Randi, and a redacted court record would be available.
skeprogue

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge