View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

JREF Blackmail Tapes

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: JREF Blackmail Tapes

Postby antiskeptic » 23 Jul 2009, 13:39

johnbenneth wrote:Did that little fag Martin Gardiner know he was being recorded?

What's the deal with this sentence, John? Was this part of one of the conversations on the tapes, or are you really calling Martin Gardiner a "fag?"
No one knows how old the human race is exactly, but we can all agree that we should be old enough to know better.
antiskeptic

Postby Scepcop » 23 Jul 2009, 16:32

The link someone gave explaining Randi's side only contains short paragraphs about it, and not from Randi's own words. I remember back in 2000, I saw a full letter by James Randi about these tapes with his side of the story. It was posted online back then, but not sure if it's still online somewhere. Does anyone have a copy of it that they can post?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Azrael » 23 Jul 2009, 16:33

The Professor wrote:
Azrael wrote:How's the dead NASA dude?

I'm not sure how you handle Trolls, but this guys been kicked off the Magic Cafe four times under different names.

His post proves he's an obvious TROLL !!!!

Of course you will be providing proof for this claim won't you?
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby Azrael » 23 Jul 2009, 18:39

The Professor wrote:I know that this part of Randi's story has been completely Debunked !!!!!

"Yes! You finally got something right, "journalist"! I flooded the media, law enforcement, the U.S. Postal Service, and New Jersey police, with that document, and later related the entire matter to an audience at Cal Tech. But you forgot (?) to mention that on that same occasion, as I finished reading the document, I took the opportunity of flooring a nasty chap who had made similar accusations about me, and had been boasting about it loudly. One shot, to the chops. He went down, and was carried out. VERY satisfying, I assure you. Want some, Mr. Kapnistos? I got some..."

RIGHT !!!!! Randi didn't knock anyone out ...Period!!!!

See how he threatens anyone who wants the truth in this matter.

The rest of his statement is just as easily proven false!

And you have proof of this of course,which you will be posting very soon I expect.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby The Professor » 23 Jul 2009, 21:41

antiskeptic wrote:
johnbenneth wrote:Did that little fag Martin Gardiner know he was being recorded?

What's the deal with this sentence, John? Was this part of one of the conversations on the tapes, or are you really calling Martin Gardiner a "fag?"

I do believe Martin has children. I've spoken with Martin many times on the phone. I intentionally NEVER mention Randi or anything about the JREF ... it's all about Magic. Seems like a great guy over the phone.

He has mentioned that his son comes and takes him to dinner sometimes. He said his son is a teacher in a college I think. Seems proud of him!
I've never heard any complaints about Martin.

Well .. Working here in Orlando in the entertainment industry I have many friends who are gay, atheist, and just OK folks!
But I don't think that Randi was being Blackmailed. Lot's of folks are gay and many atheist. None here have been Blackmailed for it that I know of.
Many would argue that being gay in Florida is a Plus
I also don't think that the Police have the right to ask someone to make these kinds of calls. Was Randi on their payroll? Is there any proof? Payroll receipts?
I also know for a Fact that it is illegal for a Phone Company to have you do this. I honestly would like the "Official" explanation.
I really want to hear Randi's side and not all the hearsay. (Not to dismiss anything logical)
I've also heard astory about the Private Eye, but that's it ... It's just a story. And who could afford to pay a PI 24/7 to watch someone ... That costs BIG BUCKS!
They say that Randi put out some written explanations somewhere. Can anyone help me find one?
Thanks
Slim

I am also looking for more information about the trial .BYRD I believe, that played the tapes. Are the official transcripts available there?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby Scepcop » 23 Jul 2009, 23:23

The Professor wrote:Thanks Ozz

I urge everyone to compare the PedoFiles, as I call the Blackmail Tapes, and Randi's statements.

http://www.uploadpedia.com/3015K1KO9LHD ... i-zip.html

No phone company or Police force in the 50 US States has the authority to have anyone seduce an under aged boy over the phone. It's ENTRAPMENT and totally Illegal!!!!! (Not to mention slimy)

Randi said he had to keep the kid on the line so he could get the phone traced BUT the kid gives Randi his number and RANDI CALLS HIM BACK !!!! Randi would have no need for calling back if he'd already got the information the phone company wanted. (The kids number)

There were no arrests for Obscene Phone Calls!

Plus in that call, the boy was using a pay phone, that's why the operator asked him to insert 5 cents, which he didn't have, so Randi called him back. What good is tracing a call from a payphone? It's hard to arrest someone that way.

Also, the boys in the tapes never said anything that indicated they were trying to blackmail Randi. They merely talked about dick sizes and about getting together.

How come none of the skeptics here are repulsed by the tapes? If they were truly independent thinkers, wouldn't they have their own opinion without defending their hero for everything?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Azrael » 24 Jul 2009, 00:41

Do you all not know this case was 40 years ago?! Like who gives a f**k anymore? If all you can do is try besmirch someone for something that happened forty years ago it's very sad.

Do you not have lives? The Professor is only out for revenge seeing as Randi saw through a magic act,he tried creating a fuss on JREf forum:no-one cared. Eventually he got banned. He tried it on Magic Cafe forum:threads got deleted he got banned.
See a pattern emerging?
No-one cares about something that happened 40 years ago.Except a few sad nerds on this forum.
Azrael

Postby Eteponge » 24 Jul 2009, 01:04

Azrael wrote:Do you all not know this case was 40 years ago?! Like who gives a f**k anymore? If all you can do is try besmirch someone for something that happened forty years ago it's very sad.

So allegedly soliciting sexual encounters to underage boys over the phone is A-okay with Randi-ite True Disbelievers is it? That's highly disturbing. But then again, similar reactions are held by cult members when something bad comes to light from the past of their infallible religious leader.

Randi gives the counter-explanation that he was working for the police to entrap obscene callers, but (at least in the article linked here for his side of the story) he doesn't actually provide any actual evidence of this. Just a personal unverified anecdote. If he provided evidence from the police to backup his side of the story, this whole mess would be cleared up and ended. So, we are to take his explanation on blind faith without any actual evidence to collaborate it? Doesn't that go against the JREF's thing about demanding evidence for everything?

Azrael wrote:Do you not have lives? The Professor is only out for revenge seeing as Randi saw through a magic act,he tried creating a fuss on JREf forum:no-one cared. Eventually he got banned. He tried it on Magic Cafe forum:threads got deleted he got banned.
See a pattern emerging?
No-one cares about something that happened 40 years ago.Except a few sad nerds on this forum.

The Tapes exist independent of "The Professor", his posting them here is irrelevant to the Tapes' existence. I first heard about them months ago on a Podcast, by someone totally different.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Azrael » 24 Jul 2009, 01:20

So allegedly soliciting sexual encounters to underage boys over the phone is A-okay with Randi-ite True Disbelievers is it? That's highly disturbing. But then again, similar reactions are held by cult members when something bad comes to light from the past of their infallible religious leader

There is no case to answer,otherwise Randi would have been charged,and imprisoned and we would all know about it. He has put across his statement,no charges were brought no court found him guilty.
Randi gives the counter-explanation that he was working for the police to entrap obscene callers, but (at least in the article linked here for his side of the story) he doesn't actually provide any actual evidence of this. Just a personal unverified anecdote. If he provided evidence from the police to backup his side of the story, this whole mess would be cleared up and ended.

Sorry but why should he? 40 years ago! If you wish to email him and state he abused minors Im sure a libel case can begin and he will provide evidence. He has nothing to prove to people on internet forums! Sorry if you cannot grasp it. Why you are so obsessed(as is Professor)with Randi and old claims I cannot wonder.
So, we are to take his explanation on blind faith without any actual evidence to collaborate it? Doesn't that go against the JREF's thing about demanding evidence for everything?

No.JREF demand evidence for claims of paranormal abilities. Not sure allegations of dirty phone calls are paranormal. It went to court no charges were made end of story. Dont see you making a meal about Michael Jackson allegations of child abuse.He is far more famous than Randi(was).
Azrael

Postby Eteponge » 24 Jul 2009, 02:49

Azrael wrote:If you wish to email him and state he abused minors Im sure a libel case can begin and he will provide evidence.

I *NEVER* stated that these allegations are true, nor would I ever email him stating such. If you carefully look at my previous posts in this thread, I very carefully use the term "allegedly", and merely ask for additional information and clarification on this from all sides, *NEVER* stating whether or not I believe these allegations. I'm very careful when I respond to controversial topics like this. I don't claim to know the full story here, and will not make, nor have made unfounded accusations.

I found it disturbing that you were auto-dismissing these allegations as though they are nothing important *just because* they allegedly happened "40 years ago". Perhaps Randi's side of the story is true, I don't dispute that, I'm just asking for a link to where he has provided actual evidence of this beyond his word.

All I'm doing is asking for additional information on this story, asking for actual evidence to support Randi's claim for his side of the story, and using the term "allegedly" when I bring up what is alleged from the content of the tapes.

There is nothing wrong with that. It's basic human inquiry.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Azrael » 24 Jul 2009, 05:57

Etoponge it's not basic human enquiry. It's sticking your nose into other people's business. What Randi did or did not do is not my business nor yours,it's his. There is no evidence to suggest he broke any laws.

I'm just asking for a link to where he has provided actual evidence of this beyond his word.

For what reason? Is it important? Is it relevant to anything? Why would you want "evidence" further? To what end exactly?
Azrael

Postby Scepcop » 24 Jul 2009, 08:26

Azrael wrote:Do you all not know this case was 40 years ago?! Like who gives a f**k anymore? If all you can do is try besmirch someone for something that happened forty years ago it's very sad.

Do you not have lives? The Professor is only out for revenge seeing as Randi saw through a magic act,he tried creating a fuss on JREf forum:no-one cared. Eventually he got banned. He tried it on Magic Cafe forum:threads got deleted he got banned.
See a pattern emerging?

Total copout. If you look under the laws, crimes committed 40 years ago are still prosecutable.

We are just asking questions and want to know answers. That's all.

You are highly subjective and will not admit ANY wrongdoing by your fellow skeptics. That is not the mark of a truth seeker. I have no respect for that.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 24 Jul 2009, 08:30

Total copouts Azrael.

Maybe there's no case because the police and courts don't know about these tapes? Are you claiming that a judge has reviewed them? If so, please provide a transcript and cite the case.

No one here is defending Michael Jackson either, even though he passed away. Stop trying to detract from the issue.

You are like a religious cult fanatic. Even the followers of Jim Jones couldn't see through his crimes.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 24 Jul 2009, 08:34

Azrael wrote:Etoponge it's not basic human enquiry. It's sticking your nose into other people's business. What Randi did or did not do is not my business nor yours,it's his. There is no evidence to suggest he broke any laws.

I'm just asking for a link to where he has provided actual evidence of this beyond his word.

For what reason? Is it important? Is it relevant to anything? Why would you want "evidence" further? To what end exactly?

No evidence? My God. We have hard evidence from the tapes that HE SOLICITED GAY SEX WITH UNDERAGE BOYS! How much more evidence do you need?

You blind fanatic!

Furthermore, if this is all irrelevant, then why are YOU even discussing it right now?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby skeprogue » 24 Jul 2009, 08:49

Scepcop wrote:No evidence? My God. We have hard evidence from the tapes that HE SOLICITED GAY SEX WITH UNDERAGE BOYS!

No, you have recordings that some anonymous person on the Internet *claims* are of Randi.

And you apparently want badly to believe that they are.

If you feel that a crime has been committed, you are complicit in that act if you do not bring this "evidence" to the proper authorities.

I look forward to hearing that you have done so, and await with breathless anticipation the outcome.
skeprogue

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge