View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby ciscop » 20 Apr 2010, 03:00

the reason all applicants fail to proceed
is because none of them can do what they say they can

too bad nobody wants that million

hey.. you can move your psi wheel
maybe you can do it nucleic

i honestly want somebody to take that million
but nah.. they are too busy being cry babies and being self delluded
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04






Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby NucleicAcid » 20 Apr 2010, 04:45

You are very good at forming your own opinions based on a lack of information and getting ideas in your head. Especially in the face of contradicting evidence.

Clearly, the process is not as simple as "Show us your powers" "Okay, here's your million." Most applicants get caught in the application stage, this has nothing to do with being able to do their ability or not - that's what the test is for. Only a handful of prospectives have actually MADE it to the preliminary test, so its disingenuous to say that "To date, no one has passed the preliminary trials" when it's a maze of fire and red tape just to GET to the preliminary test. I don't get what the JREF has to hide....their whole existence is to debunk psychics. If psychic abilities don't exist, there should be no way Pavel could score at the p = .001 level, regardless of how many trials. Their rejection of testing 100 trials is arbitrary. If they were real skeptics and not pseudoskeptics, they would have zero objection to Pavel's application.

Can you find any objection to Pavel's application?
Hey, you there. Yes, you. Read more journal articles.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
User avatar
NucleicAcid
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 04:20

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby ciscop » 20 Apr 2010, 07:55

NucleicAcid wrote:You are very good at forming your own opinions based on a lack of information and getting ideas in your head. Especially in the face of contradicting evidence.

Clearly, the process is not as simple as "Show us your powers" "Okay, here's your million." Most applicants get caught in the application stage, this has nothing to do with being able to do their ability or not - that's what the test is for. Only a handful of prospectives have actually MADE it to the preliminary test, so its disingenuous to say that "To date, no one has passed the preliminary trials" when it's a maze of fire and red tape just to GET to the preliminary test. I don't get what the JREF has to hide....their whole existence is to debunk psychics. If psychic abilities don't exist, there should be no way Pavel could score at the p = .001 level, regardless of how many trials. Their rejection of testing 100 trials is arbitrary. If they were real skeptics and not pseudoskeptics, they would have zero objection to Pavel's application.

Can you find any objection to Pavel's application?


again...
it´s their challenge is their rules
they get to do that
they can ask you to dance the macarena before the actual test
is a million dollars.. do the dance or get the boot

nobody is stoping pavel to use his amazing powers on tv and make a name for himself
but since he cant do it.. well.. we will never see it happening
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby NucleicAcid » 20 Apr 2010, 09:11

I realize it is their test and they can do whatever they want. But it does prove that they are dishonest and have ulterior motives. Which we knew.
Hey, you there. Yes, you. Read more journal articles.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
User avatar
NucleicAcid
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 04:20

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby ciscop » 20 Apr 2010, 10:31

you just hate the idea of the challenge cause they burst your bubble
is awful to hear the ¨so why dont you go and get the million dollars?¨
right?

who cares about the challenge
to this day
nobody has ever proven to have paranormal powers BEYOND doubt

which is a shame
since PSI powers are awesome
:-(
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby NucleicAcid » 20 Apr 2010, 21:27

It's obnoxious when people say, "if you have psychic abilities, why not get $1,000,000?"

It's the equivalent of saying, "You can drive a car, why not win the Daytona 500?"

"You have legs, why not win an Olympic Gold Medal in the 400m?"

"You have arms, why not pull a car with a rope up a hill?"

Get my point?

None of those things are impossible. However, they are all very difficult tasks that take a combination of natural talent and a lot of dedicated practice. And even then, there is no guarantee of winning. Plus, unlike those examples, where there are thousands of spectators and many judges to make sure everything is fair, in the MDC, you've got the applicant, and you've got a handful of hardened skeptics who are also magicians, and fully convinced that all paranormal ability is a fraud or trick, who have been caught lying about their little contest (and their life lol), and you have to convince them that your ability is legit. How is that balanced? It has nothing to with science. It is 100% just a big show.

Science, however, has shown that while psi is not proven BEYOND a doubt, it's been shown to be highly plausible. You can't argue with that. The foremost skeptical experts (Sagan, Hyman, Wiseman) say that the data indicates that it might be possible.
Hey, you there. Yes, you. Read more journal articles.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
User avatar
NucleicAcid
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 04:20

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby ciscop » 20 Apr 2010, 23:44

NucleicAcid wrote:It's obnoxious when people say, "if you have psychic abilities, why not get $1,000,000?"

It's the equivalent of saying, "You can drive a car, why not win the Daytona 500?"

"You have legs, why not win an Olympic Gold Medal in the 400m?"

"You have arms, why not pull a car with a rope up a hill?"

Get my point?

None of those things are impossible. However, they are all very difficult tasks that take a combination of natural talent and a lot of dedicated practice. And even then, there is no guarantee of winning. Plus, unlike those examples, where there are thousands of spectators and many judges to make sure everything is fair, in the MDC, you've got the applicant, and you've got a handful of hardened skeptics who are also magicians, and fully convinced that all paranormal ability is a fraud or trick, who have been caught lying about their little contest (and their life lol), and you have to convince them that your ability is legit. How is that balanced? It has nothing to with science. It is 100% just a big show.

Science, however, has shown that while psi is not proven BEYOND a doubt, it's been shown to be highly plausible. You can't argue with that. The foremost skeptical experts (Sagan, Hyman, Wiseman) say that the data indicates that it might be possible.


i love the excuses you rationalize
basically you are saying Psi-people cant defeat an 80 year old magician
he is not even a scientist
and he single handely beats the whole psi-community
what a shame
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby NucleicAcid » 21 Apr 2010, 03:00

I have demonstrated that the JREF contest is less than honest using solid evidence. I have also demonstrated that hundreds of studies have demonstrated psi effects. Randi has no resources other than his own silly little contest and his little group of friends at CSICOP.

Gee, where have I seen a very opinionated, conservative-thinking group using dubious means to defend their point of view in light of mounting scientific evidence?

Oh right. Creationists.

It's called Scientism, look it up. It's no better than any other appeal to authority.

The MDC is built on the old Psychic Superpowers model. Sure, I'll give you that. Psychic superpowers have never passed Randi's test, because they don't exist. Psi is an effect that on the surface seems very subtle - some say almost useless - until someone realizes the implications of it. Ever used a transistor? Quantum tunneling has no impact on the macro world. As far as science knew, it didn't exist until the 20th century (obviously it was there all along). But it's necessary on the micro scale for many things - including life - to work. Psi? Same thing. Most people can't see it in everyday life, yet it's the glue that holds consciousness together (IMO).

James Randi's type is a dying breed, and they will defend to their death their point of view, and rationalize it in any way they possibly can. This is nothing new, either. The "This is the way things are done" effect has been demonstrated time and time again. Pretty much how science works is you have the people fixed in the old way of thinking. New evidence comes along that forces a rethink. Old people resist it violently. Eventually tests prove conclusive enough to overthrow the idea. Old people still hang onto their old ways, muddling the mixture. Then they die, and the new generation comes in.
Hey, you there. Yes, you. Read more journal articles.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
User avatar
NucleicAcid
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 04:20

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby The Professor » 21 Apr 2010, 03:34

The JREF will never let anyone take the test that can beat it. It's RIGGED!!!!
N...Acid is right!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor
 
Posts: 343
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 11:26

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby ciscop » 21 Apr 2010, 03:49

what was your paranormal claim DAVE??

like i said
i hope nucleic is right
and there´s actually psipowers
but the challenge is a great way to expose wackos and dummies
it´s pure entertainment
i understand you dont want to see the relation between believing in PSI powers and crazy people but... common.. lets take a brief look at the people that takes the challenge

there was Rosemary Hunter.. with her Paranormal Urination
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=89877

and my personal favorite
Baltazar Lopez... a mexican
As I told U mr. Randy...

- U can photograph my energy,.. u can feel it!
- some people can see it.... and
- Everybody enjoys it!!
- Is actual, I can even do something for u... cure sickness, make u change ure life..
- Here is my application!!
Thanks
Baltazar Lopez


here is the second letter
Mr. Kramer:

This is Baltazar Lopez from Morelia Mexico.
thanks a lot for Ure answer...

Firstly I want to tell U that I'm not ignoring Ure rules... I'm not telling U! I'm proposing a kind of probes pick one U can see!!

Second... As a FIRST TEST U can verify, get a real sick person that can DESIRE to be cured so U can watch, because if I choose a people U can think I'm making tricks.

As SECOND TEST I propose, U can take a photograph of me!! get a machine like Kirlian or similar so U can see my special energy!! it's real!!

Thrith...I know perfectly Mr. Randy is not very OK lately that's why I expressed on my letter that I can do something for him, this is fhte first paranomral probe I pick up!!.. tell to Mr. Randi to choose a date an hour he REALLY want to be cured I INSIST ON!! really desire it!! and let me know it so he can feel my power (don't matter distance or illness).

PD: 1 I'm Randi's admirator
2 I send U my picture so U can know me!!
3 Of course I will send U a notarized letter but for the moment Mr. Randi needs my help!!
4 My phone number is XXXX XX XX XX get code

Thanks for every thing!! Kramer@randi.org

Baltazar Lopez


hahahaha by the way
i dont believe everybody that applies is insane
that would be poisoning the well
but sure it is DAMN funny

aah. yeah.. this one i know is just funny
but i love it
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=41742
Dear Mr. Randi:

I accept your $1,000,000 Challenge.

My wife can turn money into crap and she can do it in front of your eyes and under any testing conditions your heart desires. I’ve seen her do it thousands of times and I’m quite sure you will be impressed with this supernatural event.

When can the three of us meet?

Jim Greene

San Francisco

P.S. Would it be OK if you made the check out to me instead of the little lady?

hahahahahahahaha
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby NinjaPuppy » 21 Apr 2010, 03:52

OMG! Too funny!
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby NinjaPuppy » 21 Apr 2010, 03:56

I really don't know which one is more funny. The link to the urination lady was hilarious.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby The Professor » 21 Apr 2010, 04:50

ciscop wrote:what was your paranormal claim DAVE??

like i said
i hope nucleic is right
and there´s actually psipowers
but the challenge is a great way to expose wackos and dummies
it´s pure entertainment
i understand you dont want to see the relation between believing in PSI powers and crazy people but... common.. lets take a brief look at the people that takes the challenge

there was Rosemary Hunter.. with her Paranormal Urination
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=89877

and my personal favorite
Baltazar Lopez... a mexican
As I told U mr. Randy...

- U can photograph my energy,.. u can feel it!
- some people can see it.... and
- Everybody enjoys it!!
- Is actual, I can even do something for u... cure sickness, make u change ure life..
- Here is my application!!
Thanks
Baltazar Lopez


here is the second letter
Mr. Kramer:

This is Baltazar Lopez from Morelia Mexico.
thanks a lot for Ure answer...

Firstly I want to tell U that I'm not ignoring Ure rules... I'm not telling U! I'm proposing a kind of probes pick one U can see!!

Second... As a FIRST TEST U can verify, get a real sick person that can DESIRE to be cured so U can watch, because if I choose a people U can think I'm making tricks.

As SECOND TEST I propose, U can take a photograph of me!! get a machine like Kirlian or similar so U can see my special energy!! it's real!!

Thrith...I know perfectly Mr. Randy is not very OK lately that's why I expressed on my letter that I can do something for him, this is fhte first paranomral probe I pick up!!.. tell to Mr. Randi to choose a date an hour he REALLY want to be cured I INSIST ON!! really desire it!! and let me know it so he can feel my power (don't matter distance or illness).

PD: 1 I'm Randi's admirator
2 I send U my picture so U can know me!!
3 Of course I will send U a notarized letter but for the moment Mr. Randi needs my help!!
4 My phone number is XXXX XX XX XX get code

Thanks for every thing!! Kramer@randi.org

Baltazar Lopez


hahahaha by the way
i dont believe everybody that applies is insane
that would be poisoning the well
but sure it is DAMN funny

aah. yeah.. this one i know is just funny
but i love it
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=41742
Dear Mr. Randi:

I accept your $1,000,000 Challenge.

My wife can turn money into crap and she can do it in front of your eyes and under any testing conditions your heart desires. I’ve seen her do it thousands of times and I’m quite sure you will be impressed with this supernatural event.

When can the three of us meet?

Jim Greene

San Francisco

P.S. Would it be OK if you made the check out to me instead of the little lady?

hahahahahahahaha


You shoot yourself in the foot every time you post ... It must hurt!!!
randi says that the JREF doesn't do the MDC but the girl tried to make them pee IN THE VERY OFFICE OF THE JREF WITH JEFF WAGG who by the way DIDN"T show if he peed himself or not ... He said ..Take my word for it ... THE MOST UNSCIENTIFIC THING I'VE EVER SEEN !!!
ROTFLMAO
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor
 
Posts: 343
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 11:26

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby NucleicAcid » 21 Apr 2010, 05:21

Heh, given the dynamics of this forum as I understand it, no one is going to take your word for it. No offense.

What I want to see is more footage of preliminary tests. I want to see exactly what controls they have in place. Not that it really matters....the whole thing is just a whacko-trap, with $1M as the bait.
Hey, you there. Yes, you. Read more journal articles.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
User avatar
NucleicAcid
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 04:20

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby ciscop » 21 Apr 2010, 05:48

well said, nucleic
exactly
it is a whacko trap
and you know who was trapped?
yep... Dave Koenig

maybe you will like to know why dave hates jref
simply put... Dave thinks he is a magician, Randi says there´s no magic in the world
Dave hates Randi..
he is one of those magicians that need people to believe that what they are doing is for real
otherwise he will need to develop a personality and an act..

the challenge, even randi says it..
it´s hasnt been as succesful as it was planned
since no big names take the challenge.. just whackos
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest