View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Jan 2010, 22:37

ProfWag wrote:
Kevin Kane wrote:
And just look at how healthy we've become as a society. Haha!

And imagine how much healthier we would be if it wasn't for fast food joints and fried food.
Serious question Kevin. Assuming you go to a Doctor, if you find out you have high cholesteral, are you going to take prescription medicine or are you going to rely on alternative medicine?

Been there, done that. Won't take the crap (Lipitor) that the doc wants me to take. Why? you ask??? Because it was instrumental in my dad's death. Proof you ask? Well...you decide.

Dad had triple by-pass surgery and did very well. Of course Lipitor was prescribed after the procedure as that's very common. He took it. He was not properly monitored by the docs for the warning signs and symptoms of the side effects. His complaints of 'muscle pain' were ignored and his liver enzymes were not monitored. This went on for almost two years as he continued to go downhill slowly. When he died, the docs could not give a cause of death. 'Failure to thrive' was the official statement on the death certificate as my mom did not want an autopsy and he was under Hospice care. Aside from being dead, dad was in excellent health for a man his age, according to the docs. Needless to say, this was one of the most confusing things I had ever read on a medical report so I went to see his GP. The GP explained that with dad's medical history he was in great shape as far as hit last test results. As mom was throwing out all of his prescriptions she happened to pick up the insert from the Lipitor pills and read it. She was dumbfounded to find that everything that dad had complained about to his heart docs was listed on the warnings for this med.

Now for me. I go to the doc every 3 months due to various medical conditions that require monitoring. So far, so good. Then one day I get this whole song and dance about my cholesterol and how I should take Lipitor. I give my doc the story about my dad and tell him that I am NOT going to take that crap. Doc sends me for a CBC with cholesterol check and I go back for a consultation. He tries again, telling me that I am on the high end of acceptable levels according to my results. I politely inform his that she's full of shit as I didn't just fall off the turnip truck and know to ask for a copy of the test results to be sent to me for my personal records. My results show that I am in the low risk category. Under 200 in the total. So now he schedules me for a plaque test. $235 dollars later my plaque test comes up beautiful but now he tries to tell me that in order for me to keep these totals so good, I need Lipitor. Again I tell him to go pound salt. I now change my diet a bit and eat more almonds and omega 3 foods. I go back and get his PA this time and she goins into a Lipitor conversation about how my cholesterol is on the 'high side of normal'. I ask her was the new test show as of course they never want to you see these schores and she tells me my number. Mind you the idiot didn't so much as look at the previous test from three months prior to notice that I have dropped my cholesterol another 30 points but I need Lipitor. What's up with this crap?
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jan 2010, 23:43

I don't have an answer for you Ninja as I'm not a Doctor. Unfortunately, in addition to some genius's,There are a lot of quacks out there too. I can say that my Dad lived at least 5 years longer than he should have considering diabetes, amputations, dialysis, etc. My Mom, well, she died probably 5 years earlier than she should have. Who knows? I've learned over the past couple weeks, though, that I need to eat better, exercise, and die anyway...
ProfWag

Postby Kevin Kane » 20 Jan 2010, 00:01

ProfWag wrote:
Kevin Kane wrote:

And imagine how much healthier we would be if it wasn't for fast food joints and fried food.
Serious question Kevin. Assuming you go to a Doctor, if you find out you have high cholesteral, are you going to take prescription medicine or are you going to rely on alternative medicine?

I managed to fix all of my heath problems, physical and mental health, without any prescription medicines. I was a bit of a mess, to be frank. Just common sense health regimes and lots of research, advice and persistence. It took 2 or 3 years, but it wasn't some quick fix which wouldn't last or which causes side effects or dependencies. Frankly, I find it remarkable how much healthier I am today than 5 years ago.

I refuse to take synthetic compounds or anything that strikes me as unnatural. It makes no sense to do so. I have taken all sorts of supplements, but I find the most helpful ones are the most natural or "whole", more nutrition than medicine.

If I had to narrow it down to one key factor, it would be daily exercise and avoiding stress.
Kevin Kane

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jan 2010, 00:21

Kevin Kane wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
Kevin Kane wrote:

I managed to fix all of my heath problems, physical and mental health, without any prescription medicines. I was a bit of a mess, to be frank. Just common sense health regimes and lots of research, advice and persistence. It took 2 or 3 years, but it wasn't some quick fix which wouldn't last or which causes side effects or dependencies. Frankly, I find it remarkable how much healthier I am today than 5 years ago.

I refuse to take synthetic compounds or anything that strikes me as unnatural. It makes no sense to do so. I have taken all sorts of supplements, but I find the most helpful ones are the most natural or "whole", more nutrition than medicine.

If I had to narrow it down to one key factor, it would be daily exercise and avoiding stress.

Glad to hear that Kevin. It's true that many of our health issues can be solved with proper diet and exercise.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jan 2010, 00:22

ProfWag wrote:I don't have an answer for you Ninja as I'm not a Doctor. Unfortunately, in addition to some genius's,There are a lot of quacks out there too. I can say that my Dad lived at least 5 years longer than he should have considering diabetes, amputations, dialysis, etc. My Mom, well, she died probably 5 years earlier than she should have. Who knows? I've learned over the past couple weeks, though, that I need to eat better, exercise, and die anyway...

IMO, that's the whole thing in a nutshell. EAT BETTER, EXERCISE AND DIE IN PERFECT HEALTH. Who could ask for more?

Considering that my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer and given 90 days to live, I know what a good second opinion can do. He asked around for a doc who did less invasive surgery and found a gem. He followed his advice, had minimal surgery, did the chemo and the other stuff. He never lost his hair, really wasn't all that sick after the treatments and lived another 15 years. Those 15 years were quality as well. Until the Lipitor.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 20 Jan 2010, 00:52

Kevin Kane wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
Kevin Kane wrote:

yep.. Exercise and diet can do amazing stuff
i also havent been sick nor got the flu nor needed to use medicine or anything since a lot of years
that doesnt mean that if i break my arm i will go to an homeopath.. i will go to a real doctor

i wanna see you chosing acupunture instead of E.R if you are into a car accident.. lets see how you do :lol:
western medicine is evil!!.. but eastern ignorance.. i mean eastern medicine is the BEST right?..
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Kevin Kane » 20 Jan 2010, 01:31

ciscop wrote:that doesnt mean that if i break my arm i will go to an homeopath.. i will go to a real doctor

i wanna see you chosing acupunture instead of E.R if you are into a car accident.. lets see how you do :lol:
western medicine is evil!!.. but eastern ignorance.. i mean eastern medicine is the BEST right?..

You know, shit happens .. but guess what? Shit can also be prevented. Develop your shit prevention skills and you won't be in a car accident.

Listen, if traditional or modern methods work for someone, I want them to have them. But alternative methods also work, and I would want to have that choice. At the end of the day, beliefs, trusts, feelings enhance or diminish the effect of all treatments, making them equal. If a person feels they are getting the right treatment .. they are.

My mother developed diabetes and had to have a leg amputated. The doctors were positive that she was getting better .. and she was, but her loss of mobility broke her will, and she gave up and quit living. She didn't commit suicide, she just stopped living.

And that's all that is keeping anyone alive ... the will to live.
Kevin Kane

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jan 2010, 01:41

I am against taking anything that isn't of a natural source but sometimes that can't be avoided in controlling some physical ailments that can kill you.

What I really object to is the unnecessary crap that they put in our foods, such as high fructose corn syrup to name the most common one, to save a few pennies on retail.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jan 2010, 01:43

Kevin Kane wrote:And that's all that is keeping anyone alive ... the will to live.

That is an excellent quote, and very true. Without the will to live, very little can keep you alive.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jan 2010, 04:07

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Kevin Kane wrote:And that's all that is keeping anyone alive ... the will to live.

That is an excellent quote, and very true. Without the will to live, very little can keep you alive.

And I'll agree again as well. I don't want to know if I get cancer. It always seems that the people who find out they have cancer fade away almost immediately. Granted it could be the drugs or it could be the will to live. For me, I don't want to know and perhaps I'll live forever...
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 20 Jan 2010, 05:42

Shit Prevention Skills??
hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

alternative medicine, DOESNT DO ANYTHING
it is just a PLACEBO
learn about the placebo effect before discussing things you dont understand
the beauty is in the mind, not in the magical solution eastern ignorance provide
do you understand that at least?
if i believe a crystal can cure my migraine I MIGHT GET CURED but thats because of the belief i put into
better do inner search and meditate, that start collecting crystal that doesnt DO SHIT

:D

so kevin
are you here to support only homeopaths
or do you also support crystals? accupunture? psychic cirgury? reiki? mesmerism? therapeutic touch? faith healing?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Kevin Kane » 21 Jan 2010, 23:17

ciscop wrote:
so kevin
are you here to support only homeopaths
or do you also support crystals? accupunture? psychic cirgury? reiki? mesmerism? therapeutic touch? faith healing?

Whatever works for the individual, the person, the human .. not just for the corporate body or zombie skeptic.

Has anyone ever tried Schuessler cell salts "tissue salts"? My family has been using them for 35 years .. Hyland's brand. Best medicine for colds ever! Closest thing to a cure for the common cold that we've ever tried. And we're not the only ones who feel this way, many people who have tried them have had excellent results.

Why can't modern pharmacology produce something as effective as them? The idea that homeopathy doesn't work = bullshit.
Kevin Kane

Postby ProfWag » 21 Jan 2010, 23:31

Sometimes, there's no amount of discussion or evidence that can be presented to sway people's minds and it is thus proper to just back away from a discussion.
ProfWag

Postby Kevin Kane » 21 Jan 2010, 23:49

Let me say this as plainly as possible:

Skeptics are liars.
Skeptics are dishonest.
Skeptics are idiots.
Skeptics are false alarmists.
Skeptics are pharm shills.
Skeptics are not credible.
Skeptics are not reputable.

IMHE
Kevin Kane

Postby ProfWag » 22 Jan 2010, 00:02

Kevin Kane wrote:Let me say this as plainly as possible:

Skeptics are liars.
Skeptics are dishonest.
Skeptics are idiots.
Skeptics are false alarmists.
Skeptics are pharm shills.
Skeptics are not credible.
Skeptics are not reputable.

IMHE

Oh yea, I see this is a friendly person I would like to hold an intelligent conversation/debate with...
ProfWag

PreviousNext

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine