View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Jan 2010, 05:47

ProfWag - I have a friend with a terrible back problem. She has tried all of the homeopathic stuff and finally decided to go through the full surgery. After an eight week recovery (flat on her back) with heavy duty pain killers and the best of care, she can now straighten up but claims her back hurts just as much as it did before the surgery.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44






Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby ciscop » 19 Jan 2010, 05:55

ProfWag wrote:
Kevin Kane wrote:Try telling the 3 billion people in India and China that their medicine isn't real medicine.


I would find it very difficult to tell 3 billion people anything. I just don't have that kind of time. But I WILL tell those who read this the following:
Life expectancy in the U.S.: 78.2
Life expectancy in China: 73.0
Life expectancy in India: 64.7

Just sayin'...


THATS THE BEST REPLY ON THIS THREAD!
I WILL HAVE TO TAKE NOTES ABOUT THAT

hahahahaha WELL DONE WAG!!
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jan 2010, 06:04

ciscop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
Kevin Kane wrote:Try telling the 3 billion people in India and China that their medicine isn't real medicine.


I would find it very difficult to tell 3 billion people anything. I just don't have that kind of time. But I WILL tell those who read this the following:
Life expectancy in the U.S.: 78.2
Life expectancy in China: 73.0
Life expectancy in India: 64.7

Just sayin'...


THATS THE BEST REPLY ON THIS THREAD!
I WILL HAVE TO TAKE NOTES ABOUT THAT

hahahahaha WELL DONE WAG!!

Thanks ciscop. Just wanting people to know the whole story, regardless of what it is...
I mean, if one wants to take homopaths for whatever ails them, that's fine. Just don't try tell me it's better for my family than conventional medicine without some sort of substantiated evidence.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby ciscop » 19 Jan 2010, 06:55

so.. here are the countries with the longest life expectancy...
hahaha... andorra and san marino have like than 30thousand people living in them thought...

1 Macau
84.36

2 Andorra
82.51

3 Japan
82.12

4 Singapore
81.98

5 San Marino
81.97

6 Hong Kong
81.86

7 Australia
81.63

8 Canada
81.23

9 France
80.98

10 Sweden
80.86
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jan 2010, 07:47

ciscop wrote:so.. here are the countries with the longest life expectancy...
hahaha... andorra and san marino have like than 30thousand people living in them thought...

1 Macau
84.36

2 Andorra
82.51

3 Japan
82.12

4 Singapore
81.98

5 San Marino
81.97

6 Hong Kong
81.86

7 Australia
81.63

8 Canada
81.23

9 France
80.98

10 Sweden
80.86

I've actually been to San Marino. Pretty cool place. It sits on a hill not too far from Rimini Italy. A couple great restaurants too...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jan 2010, 07:50

NinjaPuppy wrote:ProfWag - I have a friend with a terrible back problem. She has tried all of the homeopathic stuff and finally decided to go through the full surgery. After an eight week recovery (flat on her back) with heavy duty pain killers and the best of care, she can now straighten up but claims her back hurts just as much as it did before the surgery.

Sorry to hear about your friend. There are some illnesses that just can't be cured no matter what. My brother has a disease called RSD. Every inch of his body is in extreme pain constantly. He's had every procedure imaginable. Even has some kind of stimulator that was implanted in his side, but it hasn't helped. Very high suicide rate with that disease as well so we're constantly looking out for his moods.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby Kevin Kane » 19 Jan 2010, 12:32

The point is that Chinese and Indian civilizations have been around for over 4000 years and have grown large, thriving populations. Western industrial civilization has existed for around 200 years .. and they may not be around much longer due to their own industrialism.

As for homeopathy being just swirled water or something, it depends on how you define things and whose defining them.

The sound of violins and strings = animal intestines scraped with horsehair!

The trumpet and horn section = amplified lip razzing "Bronx Cheers"

Flutes and pipe organs = nothing but pressurized air!

Who would listen to this? Who would pay money to hear these sounds? Who would dress in a tuxedo and watch this fraud?

Homeopathy = it's just water!

Pharmaceuticals = made the exact same way as rat poison and detergent!

Soylent Green = it's people .. so you know it's made from quality ingredients!
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby ciscop » 19 Jan 2010, 13:50

Kevin Kane wrote:The point is that Chinese and Indian civilizations have been around for over 4000 years and have grown large, thriving populations. Western industrial civilization has existed for around 200 years .. and they may not be around much longer due to their own industrialism.

As for homeopathy being just swirled water or something, it depends on how you define things and whose defining them.

The sound of violins and strings = animal intestines scraped with horsehair!

The trumpet and horn section = amplified lip razzing "Bronx Cheers"

Flutes and pipe organs = nothing but pressurized air!

Who would listen to this? Who would pay money to hear these sounds? Who would dress in a tuxedo and watch this fraud?

Homeopathy = it's just water!

Pharmaceuticals = made the exact same way as rat poison and detergent!

Soylent Green = it's people .. so you know it's made from quality ingredients!


are you for real?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

medicine isnt subjective
Does it work? either
yep!.. lets keep it,
no? lets get it out of the market
it is that easy

alternative medicine goes like this
does it work?
yep! (sometimes under the placebo effect) IT WORKED! I KNEW IT!
nop.. The patient didnt believe enought on the medicine or it was too late
(they never realized their crystals, magical water or magnet doesnt DO ANYTHING AT ALL)

while real medicine is about finding ANSWERS
that simple

i cant believe we are debating over magical water
hahahaha
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby Kevin Kane » 19 Jan 2010, 14:28

In western societies, european populations are actually shrinking as birth rates decline and immigration increases. And some feel the need to take enhancements like nitric oxide in order get it up. Nitric oxide? That's a compound created by the body when air is thin ... for emergencies.

The reason we live longer in the west is because we're on artificial life-support.

Without it, we'd be dying off in our 40's and 50's.
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby Kevin Kane » 19 Jan 2010, 15:14

ciscop wrote:
i cant believe we are debating over magical water
hahahaha


I can't believe we're arguing about it either. What are skeptics some sort of fraidy cats, afraid of little water? Is that why skeptics are alarmed and obsessed with it? It's not death juice, it's water!

Image
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby ciscop » 19 Jan 2010, 16:05

you will never get it

im not afraid of water
i just dont want my family paying a douche bag with no education to get expensier water
that's supposed to cure them when they are sick


and i would like to see you back up your claims of industrialized societies with data
like this one
The reason we live longer in the west is because we're on artificial life-support.

Without it, we'd be dying off in our 40's and 50's.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby highflyertoo » 19 Jan 2010, 17:21

I like your controlled assertive boldness how skeptics (group name) are picking on homies. The pharmies have produced ''flu vaccines'' that have killed people, now that's worthwhile for the skeptics to ARC UP ABOUT. Oh I forgot, skeptics are snivelling weasels when it comes to fighting govenment policies defending their drug company CEO buddies.

Kevin Kane where do I find your book you wrote?.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jan 2010, 19:34

Kevin Kane wrote:
The reason we live longer in the west is because we're on artificial life-support.

Without it, we'd be dying off in our 40's and 50's.

Artificial life-support is exactly right Kevin! I think we're on the same page now. Though, where I live, artificcial life-support is actually called "conventional medicine."
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby Kevin Kane » 19 Jan 2010, 21:22

I read what skeptics are talking about. I was even called a homeopath recently by some pharm shill (aka "skeptic"). Hey, I'm here to defend alternative medicine from the goons and zombies of corporate science (aka "science").

The western model of treating illness is easy to understand. It's the foreign invasion model; Invade the body with some foreign element, be it a scalpel, an artificial part, radioactive elements or synthetic drug. To invade and attack the illness, cutting, replacing, forcing fixes, bombing it with chemical warfare. To treat the human body like it was Iraq or Vietnam .. with similar outcomes. It's true. Most of western medicine follows the foreign invasion model for treating health problems.

And just look at how healthy we've become as a society. Haha!
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Re: OMG .. the Homeopaths are Coming!!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jan 2010, 21:43

Kevin Kane wrote:
And just look at how healthy we've become as a society. Haha!

And imagine how much healthier we would be if it wasn't for fast food joints and fried food.
Serious question Kevin. Assuming you go to a Doctor, if you find out you have high cholesteral, are you going to take prescription medicine or are you going to rely on alternative medicine?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

PreviousNext

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest