View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

The Psychology of the Skeptic

Discuss PseudoSkeptics and their Fallacies. Share strategies for debating them.

Re: The Psychology of the Skeptic

Postby really? » 18 Dec 2012, 10:59

justintime wrote:NinjaPuppy, I wonder if Arouet is struggling to identify the object of his fear or the cause of his insecurity. . :lol:

really? wrote:I've heard this accusation leveled a lot at skeptics. But I know it's not true.

The23rdman wrote:How do you know it's not true?

Being a skeptic myself and having some familiarity with Arouet I know it's not true. No skeptic I know approaches the subject matter whatever it may be from a position of insecurity.
really?

Postby really? » 18 Dec 2012, 11:07

justintime wrote:NinjaPuppy, I wonder if Arouet is struggling to identify the object of his fear or the cause of his insecurity. . :lol:

really? wrote:I've heard this accusation leveled a lot at skeptics. But I know it's not true.

Arouet wrote:In this case he's talking about my alleged insecurity next to him as a chick-magnet. He's not talking about being scared of the implications of psi.

When I was very very young I remember my grandmother asking me what I wanted to be when I grow up. I replied a ladies man. I can say with great humility that's a career choice that did not pan out. Oh lord, I was never a chick magnet. :lol:
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 18 Dec 2012, 11:23

really? wrote:When I was very very young I remember my grandmother asking me what I wanted to be when I grow up. I replied a ladies man. I can say with great humility that's a career choice that did not pan out. Oh lord, I was never a chick magnet. :lol:

No wonder. You don't believe in the power of positive thinking, Santa Claus, angels, magick spells, etc.
Skeptics can use a little bit of this:

NinjaPuppy

Previous

Return to PseudoSkeptic Fallacies