View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Is this how self-help gurus scam people?

Expose scams and scammers here. Caution: Use with good reason. See rules inside.
Forum rules
Caution: Use this area with good reason. If you are naming people or companies, make sure that they truly cheated or wronged you or others and have no defense. No gray areas. Moderators reserve the right to remove posts that do not comply with the above. Note that the accused are allowed to post their side of the story here, and if they can demonstrate that they are innocent or that a gray area exists, moderators may remove their name from threads at their discretion.

Re: Is this how self-help gurus scam people?

Postby ProfWag » 06 Mar 2010, 21:39

Craig Browning wrote:
The "real deal" isn't out to prove anything; they (to coin a phrase) work a program of attraction rather than promotion... They aren't out walking on water or raising the dead or bending keys for the cameras, etc. even though they can and do create the "miraculous" when and as it's required in subtle, quiet ways, seeking NOTHING in return.

This is why the JREF and other such groups will never find that "proof" around psychic legitimacy... the real ones wont play their game, they have no reason to. On some level I can't help but believe that such cynical groups know this, which is why they exploit circumstance as they do. But then, not everyone they've "tested" has been a "fraud", just gifted soul's that lost their way by getting caught up in trends, the idea of fame, fortune, etc.

I couldn't disagree with these statements more. They most certainly do have a reason to, AND they have a responsibility to. Proof of psychic abilities is NOT a game and I don't believe that most of the people involved in these challenges believe that it is a game either. Psychic ability, if affirmed, could help so many people on so many levels and to say that the "real" ones won't play their game because they have no reason to could NOT be further from the truth.
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 06 Mar 2010, 21:41

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:I keep trying to tell you ProfWag, it's all schtick. Some are better than others and some do have some 'insight' that can't really be explained by scientific means. Finding the ones with insight is the hard part.

Some are better than others at what, specifically?

Some are better than others at what they do. Don't ask me to find the right words because that ain't gonna happen. If I choose to use a word that indicates anything beyond the realm of something skeptically acceptable, then it turns into 5 pages of symantics.

I was wondering if you meant some psychics, astrologers, tarot readers, mediums, magicians, painters, singers, or just to whom you were referring. I wasn't trying to trick you or anything Ninja.
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 06 Mar 2010, 22:48

ProfWag wrote:
Craig Browning wrote:
The "real deal" isn't out to prove anything; they (to coin a phrase) work a program of attraction rather than promotion... They aren't out walking on water or raising the dead or bending keys for the cameras, etc. even though they can and do create the "miraculous" when and as it's required in subtle, quiet ways, seeking NOTHING in return.

This is why the JREF and other such groups will never find that "proof" around psychic legitimacy... the real ones wont play their game, they have no reason to. On some level I can't help but believe that such cynical groups know this, which is why they exploit circumstance as they do. But then, not everyone they've "tested" has been a "fraud", just gifted soul's that lost their way by getting caught up in trends, the idea of fame, fortune, etc.

I couldn't disagree with these statements more. They most certainly do have a reason to, AND they have a responsibility to. Proof of psychic abilities is NOT a game and I don't believe that most of the people involved in these challenges believe that it is a game either. Psychic ability, if affirmed, could help so many people on so many levels and to say that the "real" ones won't play their game because they have no reason to could NOT be further from the truth.

Understand, I have no problems with LEGIT research but just like those psychics that participate in the Randi or CSICOP bits, it is they that are likewise after the headlines and acclaim by constantly countering any proof that comes down the pike. The JREF challenge is as big a scam as any con you could find going... it's nothing more than an elaborate Pea & Shell game that is impossible for anyone... even God... to win. But given the extremes taken to insure failure... the abuse towards those being tested (especially by Randi)... there is little to nothing honest when it comes to that group's agenda. It's all designed to support a Cult-Mind Agenda and let an old pervert live tax free as a guru.

Legit Science hasn't just allowed room for psychic probability, it is exploiting many of the things psychics/mystics have claimed for eons as part of technology development in today's world... just because we come to the position of explaining the "how" something works, does not discount that it "is"
Craig Browning

Previous

Return to Scam Alerts and Warnings