View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Reminded me of Tom Lehrer

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Reminded me of Tom Lehrer

Postby Nostradamus » 12 May 2010, 01:35

I'm not sure if you have heard of this singer/songwriter from the 60s. His music makes an occasional comeback. Some of his songs are The Vatican Rag, and The Masochism Tango.

Anyways here is the story from the news:
From http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2070016_psychics_letter_left_me_suicidal
A vulnerable woman targeted by a clairvoyant scammer said she wanted to commit suicide when she received a letter demanding cash – or face bad consequences.

Samantha Steele, 51, battles with depression and believes she had been targeted as a vulnerable person with the letters sent by a ‘psychic’ in the Netherlands calling himself Peter Wagner.

The most recent letter was delivered on April 12 and said something “extremely nasty” would happen to Ms Steele if she did not send off £29 plus £3 post and packaging for the psychic’s help.

This made me think of Tom Lehrer because on one of his records he tells about receiving a letter that said, "Marry me or I will kill myself." Lehrer says he was quite shaken by all of this, but couldn't think of who could have sent this letter to him. He turned over the letter to see that the envelope was addressed to occupant.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Return to Off-Topic Board