View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Here's One for You...

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Here's One for You...

Postby ProfWag » 19 Feb 2010, 22:02

For those of you who think fortune telling is harmless and people only use it for entertainment purposes should understand that many, many people DO take these readings seriously.
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 19 Feb 2010, 23:14

ProfWag wrote:For those of you who think fortune telling is harmless and people only use it for entertainment purposes should understand that many, many people DO take these readings seriously.

This is exactly why, when I teach or even when I'm with a client, I push a couple of key thoughts;
    1.) You Have Your Free Will and YOU Can Change What's Been Revealed If You Want To.
    2.) My Job as a Reader is to Give You Options, NOT Answers!
    3.) Negative Information Shown in a Reading May Come with a Silver Lining not yet Revealed (usually the case)
    4.) Negative Information is Typically Indication of a Karmic Issue/Lesson YOU are Trying to Ignore Rather than Learn and Grow From.
    5.) YOU and ONLY YOU Have the Power to Change Things or Accept Them as They Are -- Stop Blaming Everything Else!
My friend John has penned many books on Palmistry, one of which (Karmic Palmistry) explains how the lines in one's palms CHANGE based on decisions and personal attitudes in life. Though, well before we are fully developed and even before the hands can actually flex and move, the primary lines of the palm become visible (yes, on the embryo while still in the womb @ about 8 weeks I believe it is), giving to us a map pertaining to our life and the gifts as well as challenges we are born with, the final outcome centers on us as individuals and what we choose to do.

The point is, NOTHING IS CARVED IN STONE and any Reader that tries to manipulate clients into believing doomsday is at hand but for $500.00 they can remove the curse etc, etc... well, said "Reader" needs to be drawn & quartered in my book. That sort of crap isn't part of the job description and it is exactly why so many people scoff and mock the rest of us who are trying to make a legitimate living by being of service as well as entertaining folks. It's not an easy task, in that we must likewise educate the people we cater to and frequently they don't want to hear the lesson :(
Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 20 Feb 2010, 04:11

The case involves "greed, lust, obsession, revenge ... straight sex, gay sex, the occult, threats, stealing things and stealing lives," Balleste said.

so any idea when we will see this case in Law and Order?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 20 Feb 2010, 05:07

ciscop wrote:
The case involves "greed, lust, obsession, revenge ... straight sex, gay sex, the occult, threats, stealing things and stealing lives," Balleste said.

so any idea when we will see this case in Law and Order?

Actually, it sounds like a good one for The Mentalist.
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 20 Feb 2010, 05:30

oh yeah you are totally right
damn,... how i miss that...

Patrick Jane is great with this phonies psychics
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 20 Feb 2010, 05:50

ciscop wrote:oh yeah you are totally right
damn,... how i miss that...

Patrick Jane is great with this phonies psychics

Yea, he just cracks me up.
ProfWag

Return to General Discussions