View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Christmas gift exchanges - pointless and troublesome?

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Christmas gift exchanges - pointless and troublesome?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 27 Dec 2011, 00:44

ProfWag wrote:You're referring to La Befana who comes on the night of the 5th of January. Her story is indeed quite like that of our Santa, but as someone who was living there just a few years ago, the Italians are becoming more like the rest of Europe during the holidays. You're right though that La Befana is the one kids wait for.
I'll admit, there is something quite magical about Italy at Christmas time. Most definitely not the commercialized version of Christmas we have in the States. Germany is quite nice as well--especially their Christmas markets with their version of wassel.

I spent Christmas in Puerto Rico one year and it was also lovely. Festive yet tastefully reserved is the best way that I can put it.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 28 Dec 2011, 01:08

Frankly, I think most other countries focus more on the true spirit of the season than we spoilt American sorts. But then I've become a fan of Rev. Billy

http://www.revbilly.com/

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5981560376
:evil: I give up, someone can figure how to post the video :evil:
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jan 2012, 09:53

Craig Browning wrote: :evil: I give up, someone can figure how to post the video :evil:

That's because Google vids are not compatible with PPFFFFTTT (or phpBB as it's properly named)
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 09 Jan 2012, 00:11

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Craig Browning wrote: :evil: I give up, someone can figure how to post the video :evil:

That's because Google vids are not compatible with PPFFFFTTT (or phpBB as it's properly named)

Since when?

This is the only board I've ever had so many headaches with posting videos. It's got to be a filter of some kind, but then I've never seen the "googlevid" and "youtube" options we have here.
Craig Browning

Postby sarahglen890 » 11 Jan 2012, 05:50

He has have a good point about Christmas gifts. I particularly find it disturbing how much money people spend on Christmas gifts. Many people spend way more than they can afford and then find themselves having to pay interest rates on credit cards. This is really not what Christmas is about. Thanks for your opinions.
sarahglen890

Previous

Return to General Discussions