View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Psychic Seeks Skeptic

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Psychic Seeks Skeptic

Postby Craig Browning » 10 Jan 2011, 00:58

caniswalensis wrote:Joe Nichol!? What is your problem with him!?

I greatly admire him and it was his teachings that convinced a newly skeptical Canis that believers were not crazy stupid or liars, but normal folk that deserved to be treated and spoken to with respect when it comes to discussing theor beliefs. When you see me in here speaking about paranormal topics in a polite fashion and defending believers from personal attacks, you have him to thank for that.

What gives you the impression he is a "a bitter and cold-hearted old man that simply don't enjoy life and wishes the same for everyone"? I don't see it.

Nichol is likewise the jerk that tells people that it doesn't matter what you call which line on the hand, believers are stupid and will buy into whatever you tell them, so long as you can feed them Barnum statements that flatter their ego.

The man is seen as such a jerk that many major players in the skeptic's community actually avoid him at conventions (their words to me, not my words... and please don't ask who, you know I won't say and you know you wouldn't out them either because of the social-political ramifications -- this isn't Wikileaks!)

I've never met the man but based on what I've been told + what he looks like (yes, body type & face reading) I would have an exceptionally hard time giving him the time of day... which, btw... I can do with Randi... with whom I've had several positive exchanges even though we tend to slam one another with frequency (there are times when two old devils can be civil).

Sorry, but his (Nichol) smugness and candor simply makes me sick to my stomach.
Craig Browning

Postby derrida » 10 Jan 2011, 06:03

Craig Browning wrote:
The man is seen as such a jerk that many major players in the skeptic's community actually avoid him at conventions (their words to me, not my words... and please don't ask who, you know I won't say and you know you wouldn't out them either because of the social-political ramifications -- this isn't Wikileaks!)

source?
.. oh yeah.. you cant comment on that

im calling bs on this one
derrida

Postby derrida » 10 Jan 2011, 06:07

also when did nichols say people are stupid and believe anything?
im pretty sure that´s your interpretation of what he said
not what he actually said.
derrida

Previous

Return to General Discussions