View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Indepth Review Of Richard Dawkins' "Enemies Of Reason" Film

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Indepth Review Of Richard Dawkins' "Enemies Of Reason" Film

Postby Eteponge » 08 Jun 2010, 09:24

ciscop wrote:do you have the transcript or audiorecord of that encounter with a psychic?

It was over MSN, in a chat. I use to have the transcripts on my older computer from two computers ago, I think I still have the old hard drive somewhere. I transferred the files over to my last computer, but forgot to transfer them to this one. (I'm lazy, so only the absolute most essential stuff I backup when I get a new computer.)

I might still be able to recover the chat logs. I had others on there from other conversations with other psychics that were fairly impressive.

One other psychic that impressed me said that my great grandfather worked as a sharecropper in Georgia, which is correct, and is an interesting hit because white sharecroppers were rare, and yes, they lived in Georgia.

ciscop wrote:did all that she told you was a hit? did she got misses? where did you found this psychic?

It is a he. I met him on a forum. I PMed him my MSN for a reading. As for the question of overall accuracy, it's a mixed bag.

When it comes to directly connecting to deceased relatives, it's usually dead on, but when it came to us trying to go Psychic Detective, or trying to tap into future events, or trying to solve personal and historical mysteries, it was truly mixed results, with some hits and a number of significant misses. Depends on what he is doing. Connecting with the dead? Fairly accurate. Trying psychic detective / tapping into mysteries? Very hit and miss.

Another time, I asked him to describe my great aunt who passed, and he got her name, Annie, and that she had a child out of wedlock at 16, and the child died when he was four, this is something only the oldest members of my family, of whom there are very few left, would know about. It was very hush hush among that generation.

ciscop wrote:and stop with the ¨explain to me¨
i wasnt there i dont know if she even told you that
is the old ¨i dont know how a trick is done, so if it fooled me, its gotta be real¨
bs nonsense

Ah, yes, the Pappy Randi told me that everything supernatural is a trick, therefore everything must be a trick, because a man whose profession is deceiving people wouldn't lie to me! bs nonsense.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."

Re: Indepth Review Of Richard Dawkins' "Enemies Of Reason" Film

Postby ciscop » 08 Jun 2010, 11:55

but before talking about supernatural stuff that isnt validated by rational thinking
i will discard what could have happened
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)

Re: Indepth Review Of Richard Dawkins' "Enemies Of Reason" F

Postby KimberlyHardacre » 05 Aug 2012, 17:01

yea, blame it on the psychics...if that was the least of our problems...God!

Return to General Discussions