View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Am I Psychic?

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Am I Psychic?

Postby tonkatoy » 21 Nov 2011, 11:50

I've always been pretty empathetic, I can usualy tell when someone is upset, angry, tired, really happy etc... The closer I am with a person the easier it becomes for me to tell what they're feeling. Sometimes I can kind of feel it too, not very strongly, but enough that when its a negative emotion that I really just want to help them, a little selfish because it affects me too. Another thing is that sometimes I feel like I'm being watched, this happened when I was little and still happens every once in a while. I remember was about six I lived with Grandmother and often couldn't sleep because of an unsettled feeling of being watched, and occasionaly I would see a figure sitting next to my bed watching me. It was always strongest upstairs, my grandfather had died on that floor and his ashes were still kept there. It was always worse when I was alone. I didn't have to many issues in the apartment we moved into after that. But the one we are currently living in, the first year I lived here, I constantly had a feeling of being watched. I often felt a presence in the bathroom, rather disturbingly it was usualy when I was in the shower. Once a collander flew about five feet and hit me. And occasionly when I was doing my homework I would see the shadow of a woman cross the floor quickly. I've since blocked out the feelings and don't have these problems anymore. Though sometimes I still feel unsettled especialy in the dark. Sometimes I get feelings, and emotions off of places, sadness, fear etc... usually I ignore all of this, but recently I've become interested in focusing on these abillities instead of shunning them, though I'm not certain if they really mean anything or not, and how I should work on developing them.
User avatar
tonkatoy
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Nov 2011, 11:27






Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby Craig Browning » 22 Nov 2011, 01:15

Firstly, you may wish to introduce yourself to the crew but for the moment, welcome

As to Being Watched. . . well, it would seem that you have a family member attached to you, it's not uncommon. I have three such entities around me, two of which come and go while the 3rd (baby sister) tends to show herself more often. Long story short, it's nothing unique nor is is something to be concerned over, they are there to both, protect you and to guide you here and there when making major decisions or facing probably danger.

Empathy is normal, pronounced more in some people than others. If you are artistic and imaginative (Right Brained) then you are probably far more empathic that those that want the world to exist in a Black & White "everything in its own niche" manner. It's not that such folks are less human, they're just not wired in a manner that permits them to understand such experiences (in-put) as others do, which all too frequently brings about the classic clash between believer & skeptic (give this thread a full 24 hours and you'll see what I mean).

PSYCHIC?

Depends on how you consider that idea; if you are thinking along the lines of Hollywood and cheap novel depiction I have to say NO, YOU ARE NOT! For that matter No One Is! If you are speaking about someone that is sensitive and aware of their environment however, I would say that you are showing signs of such and simply need to direction about yourself. Understand however, it's not something "supernatural" nor does it mean you have "powers"; only that you are sensitive and better connected (empathically, intuitively, subliminally, etc.) with your environment and whatever happens to be in that define area. While this is 100% natural it is a SKILL that can be taught and over time, learnt. BUT, there really is nothing mystical about this side of it, just a matter of mental discipline & development. Think of it this way, people with "photographic" memory are often viewed as being Psychic because of their ability to recall things all the way down to the most minute detail. Memory/Mnemonics is something we can all cultivate over time with daily practice and in many instances, establish an 80%+ level of accurate recollect that's 100% skill based.

Subconsciously connecting with others is something that can be cultivated as well by way of people watching, the deliberate study of body language, NLP, and FACS opening our mind to the more logical side of what empowers our empathy or intuitive ability to size someone up or reach into their mind in some cases.

Whenever I hear someone like yourself pondering if or not they are Psychic I try to offer them a more down to earth perspective on things with the hope of saving them from the more questionable antics you will find in the Psychic/New Age culture which tend to be VERY commercial and quite time consuming. While you can certainly learn a great deal, you can likewise find yourself buying into a whole lot of horse pucky and worse. So please, approach such things cautiously and with a fair amount of skepticism at your side. I don't mean extreme skepticism, but I do mean that you must question the things said; especially when a price tag can be found dangling somewhere around the issue.

Hope this gives you some perspective.
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby craig weiler » 22 Nov 2011, 01:23

Yes, you're psychic. I run into more stories like yours than I can count; all very similar. I have a blog post that you might be interested in: Characteristics of Psychic People:
http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/char ... ic-people/

In fact, my blog is targeted to psychic people so you might want to peruse it a bit to see if my information resonates with you. None of the things that you're describing are particularly surprising and have been documented in various situations countless times.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
User avatar
craig weiler
 
Posts: 386
Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 12:08
Location: San Francisco Peninsula

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby ProfWag » 22 Nov 2011, 20:17

craig weiler wrote:Yes, you're psychic..

Or, for the sake of this person's well being, you could be an observant person who let's their mind wonder at times when it's most convenient (old houses, around dead people, etc.)
Wow Craig, are you aware of the profound effect you could have on this person by telling them so nonchalantly they are psychic when quite possibly (probably?) they experience the same thing many people feel in uncomfortable surroundings?
Also, this person feels they can more accurately tell how someone is feeling the closer they get to know them. What the hell is psychic about that?!
Just double wow. Had I, as a skeptic, came out and said "no, you're not psychic," I would have been crucified by the believers. Perhaps you should get to know someone before making such a bold claim.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby Craig Browning » 22 Nov 2011, 21:11

craig weiler wrote:Yes, you're psychic. I run into more stories like yours than I can count; all very similar. I have a blog post that you might be interested in: Characteristics of Psychic People:
http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/char ... ic-people/

In fact, my blog is targeted to psychic people so you might want to peruse it a bit to see if my information resonates with you. None of the things that you're describing are particularly surprising and have been documented in various situations countless times.


Sorry Craig but what you're saying is almost exactly what I warned this poster about. I'm a believer but I'm not gullible, I believe in looking for the natural cause of things and based on what's being described, there's a small ton of logical explanations that MUST bust considered. When we offhandedly state that "Yes You Are Psychic" without any kind of direct investigation we are in fact taking responsibility for the karma created by our inference around that person's life -- this is a fact for those living a Metaphysical path vs. a New Age path where personal responsibility can be fickle (discard the inconvenient so as to make way for self-will).

What I stated and encouraged comes from a place of responsibility and deliberately discourages the delusion of being "Psychic", framing it outside the typical idea people have when it comes to such things; a perspective that can become quite damaging and cause tremendous loss over time. Sorry if that runs counter to your understanding of things but it is how I was raised understanding such and more importantly, what was echoed to me by the elders who weren't asking for a C-Note every time they opened their mouth.

I remember an old (well known) Martial Arts Master explaining in a talk about how much easier it was to teach an American Boxer how to use his feet than it was to teach a Martial Artist how to use their hands. The same applies to the world of Psychics/New Age Metaphysics vs. old fashioned Occultism; I can teach someone that comes from the mundane side of life how see and understand this stuff from the super-simple perspective that it's actually rooted in but I can't take some New Age patron with a head filled with Hollywood & Commercialized Catch Phrases and give them the same level of comprehension; they want to complicate it far too much in that those that buy their faux sense of spirituality and psi ability feel they are more elevated and intelligent than others. . . kind of the same sort of insult made by the skeptic towards any and all believers. The difference is however, skeptics admit their arrogance by connecting it to genuine intellect and scholastic study while the New Ager (like a bible-thumper) simply finds the traditions & views that fit their personal path of choosing and the ego that sustains it.

While I do appreciate you and a lot of what you share, I simply cannot in good conscience, ignore this particular issue in that it is morally and ethically irresponsible.

Yes, before it's said I do agree that "everyone is psychic" but when I say that I likewise clarify the reason for that belief, doing so in much the same terms as I mention above and more specifically, based on the ideology first shared by Edgar Cayce -- that being Psychic simply meant Expanded Perception or Awareness of one's environment and how it can be tuned towards the finite. Even he sought to understand such things intellectually rather than embrace the mystical ideas offered by the Spiritualist movement or those occult brands of his day -- the money mongers of the proverbial temple as it were.
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby craig weiler » 23 Nov 2011, 01:01

Craig, ProfWag,
This is my specialty; I've studied this for several years now; I know what I'm talking about. There are two parts to this: Latent ability and learned ability. tonkatoy is demonstrating the traits of latent psychic ability. These include:
1. Noticing the bond between people on an energetic level.
2. Very strong empathy and an awareness of the emotions of others at a distance
3. The ability to sense and see ghosts
4. The ability to pick up on the emotions surrounding places

What you two don't realize is that I have so much expertise here and I am so dialed in to this sort of situation that I can make these judgments quickly and easily because of my experience and skill in this particular area.

I'm going to take a wild guess that this isn't all of Tonkatoy's psychic experiences either.
tonkatoy knows that he/she is different and that's why this person is asking this particular question. Tonkatoy will be happier accepting the reality of this talent and learning a bit about it. I've already been through this with several other people in similar situations. All the stress comes from uncertainty, doubt and a nagging feeling of being crazy. There is no reason for this person to feel that way. What is going on is perfectly normal within a psychic context.

So, can you two amateurs back off a bit?
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
User avatar
craig weiler
 
Posts: 386
Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 12:08
Location: San Francisco Peninsula

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby ProfWag » 23 Nov 2011, 01:37

craig weiler wrote:Craig, ProfWag,
This is my specialty; I've studied this for several years now; I know what I'm talking about. There are two parts to this: Latent ability and learned ability. tonkatoy is demonstrating the traits of latent psychic ability. These include:
1. Noticing the bond between people on an energetic level.
2. Very strong empathy and an awareness of the emotions of others at a distance
3. The ability to sense and see ghosts
4. The ability to pick up on the emotions surrounding places

What you two don't realize is that I have so much expertise here and I am so dialed in to this sort of situation that I can make these judgments quickly and easily because of my experience and skill in this particular area.

I'm going to take a wild guess that this isn't all of Tonkatoy's psychic experiences either.
tonkatoy knows that he/she is different and that's why this person is asking this particular question. Tonkatoy will be happier accepting the reality of this talent and learning a bit about it. I've already been through this with several other people in similar situations. All the stress comes from uncertainty, doubt and a nagging feeling of being crazy. There is no reason for this person to feel that way. What is going on is perfectly normal within a psychic context.

So, can you two amateurs back off a bit?

What you did with this statement: "Yes, you're psychic." is taken years and years of research from reputable scientists and experts on both sides of the fence who have yet to show one way or the other that psi is a valid science and thrown all that research out the window and profess that you're THE expert. Regardless of how much "expertise" you have in psychic abilities, you don't know that you, the poster, or anyone else for that matter experienced anything paranormal.
If you had said "it's quite possible," you wouldn't have gotten much of a statement out of me, but to profess so matter-of-factly in a manner that could possibly have a profound positive OR negative effect on a person is irresponsible. That's psychology and counseling 101 and without talking in-depth with someone, preferably face-to-face, then you don't know how your comment can affect someone. Sorry, but you're flat out wrong on your self-assessment and should be more careful on what you say to others.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby craig weiler » 23 Nov 2011, 03:39

This conversation is psychic person to psychic person. This is really not a conversation for skeptics. These sorts of assessments are not nearly as difficult as your making them out to be.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
User avatar
craig weiler
 
Posts: 386
Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 12:08
Location: San Francisco Peninsula

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby Arouet » 23 Nov 2011, 04:34

OP is asking if he's psychic. This clearly opens up that he would like a variety of views.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Nov 2011, 06:15

Man! You skeptics are harshin' my mellow here.

Just because something ain't proven by science, does not mean it don't exist. Too many double negatives in that sentence??? Y'all know what I mean.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby craig weiler » 23 Nov 2011, 06:45

I notice that Tonkatoy has not been back to this thread. Why am I not surprised?
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
User avatar
craig weiler
 
Posts: 386
Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 12:08
Location: San Francisco Peninsula

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Nov 2011, 08:02

craig weiler wrote:I notice that Tonkatoy has not been back to this thread. Why am I not surprised?

His/her last and only log in spanned 4 minutes but that was less than 24 hours ago. Gotta give the newbies a chance.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby tonkatoy » 23 Nov 2011, 09:32

Don't worry you didn't scare me off XD just haven't had time to post... well acctually I had plenty of time since I was home sick today... but I was watching Heartland on Netflix (I'm a horse back rider and absolutely love that show XD). Anywho, I thank everyone for their input :) Any comment, skeptic or beleiver is helpful and appreciated, because honestly I'm not sure yet. For all I know I really could be just an empathetic person with an over active imagination, or a pyschic of various descriptions provided by all of you. Today I was alone since my parents were at work and I heard heavy breathing a foot or so from me I could have imagined because I was watching a parnormal show, I switched shows to another horse back riding program to get my mind off of it and I wasn't bothered again. But still not sure. Still open to comments and advice. By the way all of your profile pics are absolutely adorable!!! :D

And as to Replies to specific peoples comments...

Craig B - I don't know if I currently have a family member with me, as I am no longer in my grandmother's house, though when there I do often feel unsettled when I'm alone upstairs of in the basement, I am currently in an old house that has been divided into apartments, it was owned by one of the oldest families in the area the Sparrows but I'm not sure exactly how old it is. I am an artistic person, I play the piano and love to draw. And I agree that the hollywood depiction of psychics is not true. And I thank you for your view on things it is useful :)

Craig W - I also thankyou for your input, I perused your blog and found it helpful, while you and the other Craig don't have quite the same opinon as many opinions as possible is helpful to me and I thank you :)

ProfWag - I also thankyou for your opinions and comments it really could just be the enviornment. And the a natural empathy that is like most people better when you know someone better.

And as Aero said I am looking for as many opinions and comments as possible not just those of beleivers
User avatar
tonkatoy
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Nov 2011, 11:27

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby Arouet » 23 Nov 2011, 12:35

NinjaPuppy wrote:Just because something ain't proven by science, does not mean it don't exist. Too many double negatives in that sentence??? Y'all know what I mean.


I do know what you mean and I 100% agree. HOWEVER: science is currently our best and most reliable method for figuring out how things work. It is not appropriate for every situation though. The trick is, for those situations we need some other reliable method of figuring out what's going on. And that's not that easy. I've often asked for other reliable methods and no one has stepped up to present one. But I'd certainly be open to other methods - so long as they can be shown to be trustworthy.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby Craig Browning » 24 Nov 2011, 04:12

Tonkatoy, THANK YOU for being so damned gracious 8-)

I think your response reveals genuine maturity in that you are genuinely reflecting on the information shared.

Craig W and I are two sides of the same coin, we are both believers but his perspective tends to go with the common flow of such things where my views challenge that "rose colored glass" course, begging the believer to THINK a bit and question what's said, taught, etc. and thus, not fall in love with the fantasy of being "Psychic". Similarly, I offer the skeptic (as best I'm able) thought kernels that at least file down some of the more harsh views they extend and even lend respect to the idea of being Psychic and doing Psychic work.

I've been a Reader since the late 1970's and have studied side by side with some of the Pagan/New Age culture's giants; so I'd say I have a fairly decent background just based on my own scholastic style of study let alone a multiple generation tradition (for lack of a better term) that involves spiritually related "gifts" that include dowsing, laying on hands healing, divination, etc. (what many today call Folk or Mountain Magic). I understand either side of things and if you really wanted to crack said nut open, there is a 3rd side (perspective) that stems from within the religious element that sees it all as something evil and "Satanic" (ignoring both, old & new Testament passages to the contrary).

Ultimately it is up to you but I would encourage you to do some reading;

Real Magic by P. I. Bonewits -- http://www.amazon.com/Real-Magic-Introductory-Treatise-Principles/dp/0877286884/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322078706&sr=8-1 (this book also includes a chapter on Cult/Charlatan Awareness that's most excellent)

Wisdom of the Mystic Masters by Joseph Weed -- http://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Mystic-Masters-Joseph-Weed/dp/0139615326/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322078821&sr=1-1

Psychic or Charlatan by Bruce Way -- http://www.amazon.com/Psychic-Charlatan-How-Interpret-Reading/dp/0890878463/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322078967&sr=1-2

You may even want to check out my blogs --http://craigthepsychic.com/ just scroll down the index ;)
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Next

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests