View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

End of Days--in May?

Discussions Religion and Theology, Scriptures, Bible Debate, etc.

Re: End of Days--in May?

Postby really? » 24 May 2011, 21:04

He made a booboo just like he did in 1994. He miscalculated. Now he says the end will come in 5 months. That's October.
He's an unsinkable rubber ducky.
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 25 May 2011, 18:18

really? wrote:He made a booboo just like he did in 1994. He miscalculated. Now he says the end will come in 5 months. That's October.
He's an unsinkable rubber ducky.

You mean I have to deal with "those people" all summer now??? They're everywhere.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 25 May 2011, 19:39

C'mon, I grew up with that mentality surrounding me (still very much part of my family's mind-set) the least you can do is endure the next 5 months of them being stupid one more time (I have it on good authority that the new prediction is not going to turn out as being right either) ;)
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 25 May 2011, 20:37

This is why people like him are dangerous and should be arrested:

"PALMDALE, Calif. - A California woman who says she wanted to protect her children from the May 21 “tribulation” is in jail after slitting the throats of her daughters’ before cutting her own back in March, KTLA reports."

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/n ... puties-say
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 27 May 2011, 00:51

ProfWag wrote:This is why people like him are dangerous and should be arrested:

"PALMDALE, Calif. - A California woman who says she wanted to protect her children from the May 21 “tribulation” is in jail after slitting the throats of her daughters’ before cutting her own back in March, KTLA reports."

Sadly this isn't the first (or worse) example of this sort of thing, in the early 1800's when some baptist evangelist started a huge end of day bit, some 150ish people "drank the cool-aid" :?

On so many levels I wish our government would place far more stringent laws governing the Holy Roller element -- not so much "religion" as the extremist and cult-styled scenarios such as we have with this nut case or Oral Roberts back in the 80's, etc.
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 27 May 2011, 03:54

Craig Browning wrote:
ProfWag wrote:This is why people like him are dangerous and should be arrested:

Sadly this isn't the first (or worse) example of this sort of thing, in the early 1800's when some baptist evangelist started a huge end of day bit, some 150ish people "drank the cool-aid" :?

On so many levels I wish our government would place far more stringent laws governing the Holy Roller element -- not so much "religion" as the extremist and cult-styled scenarios such as we have with this nut case or Oral Roberts back in the 80's, etc.

Oh yea, I know. I was on another board though and they were saying this guy was harmless so just in case someone here thinks that way as well, I wanted to give some good for thought.
ProfWag

Previous

Return to Religion / Theology