View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Hi Omega Chaos here

Introduce yourself here!

Hi Omega Chaos here

Postby OmegaChaos » 23 Sep 2010, 00:18

Hi,I,m Omega Chaos and I consider myself an alternative researcher.My subjects of interest are New World Order,Atlantis and Alternative history,Ancient Aliens,Goddess Tradition etc.I also don,t like these pseudo-skeptic types.Michael Shermer,James Randi etc.They mostly just attack alternative ideas and ridicule them.it,s good to be skeptical,and you kinda have to be,but you have to research everything and then make your own conclusions,because truth is not set in stone.
OmegaChaos

Re: Hi Omega Chaos here

Postby RIZLA » 23 Sep 2010, 07:09

Hello Omega I'm new here too although I haven't managed to post anything since my intro.
I eventually got the gist of your post and you do indeed have a wide range of topics to discuss. So where to begin? How about Atlantis.
A fabulous story indeed, penned by Plato around 2370 years ago if I'm correct. I would dearly love for this story to be true, but to be honest I have never found the time or inclination to look into it in any depth other than to find the most popular consensus seems to be that is is just what it says on the label. It's a story. I've had a few cursory forays into the various alternative hypotheses regarding Atlantis, and I had to give up. The reason being, I couldn't find any sort of collective view as to where the place actually was/is. So perhaps I'm missing something and maybe you could give me a few pointers as to further research.

Now as to Michael Shermer and James Randi. Well let's discuss Shermer, if for no other reason than he's far more handsome than Randi. At this stage I'll offer no personal opinion of Shermer other than to say I'm somewhat nonplussed as to why you would label the man a pseudo-skeptic, whatever that term means.
Seemingly you've put far more effort into researching these issues than I have, so would you be so kind as to highlight a specific point of view of his that warrants such blanket condemnation.
Now I'm not saying the man isn't a twat, it's just that I feel he should be given a fair trial before we hang him. :o

Once again welcome and best regards.
Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
-- Homer Simpson
RIZLA

Postby Scepcop » 23 Sep 2010, 10:31

Welcome Omega Chaos.

I love such topics too. How did you find us? Is that you in the avatar?

Have you seen any NWO films on YouTube? There are so many of them now. They consist of either ones produced with Christian themes or New Age type themes.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 23 Sep 2010, 10:34

RIZLA wrote:Hello Omega I'm new here too although I haven't managed to post anything since my intro.
I eventually got the gist of your post and you do indeed have a wide range of topics to discuss. So where to begin? How about Atlantis.
A fabulous story indeed, penned by Plato around 2370 years ago if I'm correct. I would dearly love for this story to be true, but to be honest I have never found the time or inclination to look into it in any depth other than to find the most popular consensus seems to be that is is just what it says on the label. It's a story. I've had a few cursory forays into the various alternative hypotheses regarding Atlantis, and I had to give up. The reason being, I couldn't find any sort of collective view as to where the place actually was/is. So perhaps I'm missing something and maybe you could give me a few pointers as to further research.

Now as to Michael Shermer and James Randi. Well let's discuss Shermer, if for no other reason than he's far more handsome than Randi. At this stage I'll offer no personal opinion of Shermer other than to say I'm somewhat nonplussed as to why you would label the man a pseudo-skeptic, whatever that term means.
Seemingly you've put far more effort into researching these issues than I have, so would you be so kind as to highlight a specific point of view of his that warrants such blanket condemnation.
Now I'm not saying the man isn't a twat, it's just that I feel he should be given a fair trial before we hang him. :o

Just listen to Shermer and you'll see where his flaws are. He is quick to say that things don't exist, such as Bigfoot, cause no one has been able to capture one. He forgets how hard it is to capture rare creatures in the wild, such as the Panda bear, which took 60 years to find. He always supports the official version of everything too, which is what a pseudoskeptic does. A real skeptic is not 100 percent on the side of the official version of everything.

Find one article by Shermer where he challenges the official version of anything. If you can't, then I rest my case and have proven my point.

No critical thinker does that. Only the establishment police act in such a manner where they never question the official version of anything and consider it unquestionable.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 23 Sep 2010, 10:46

Scepcop wrote:Just listen to Shermer and you'll see where his flaws are. He is quick to say that things don't exist, such as Bigfoot, cause no one has been able to capture one. He forgets how hard it is to capture rare creatures in the wild, such as the Panda bear, which took 60 years to find. He always supports the official version of everything too, which is what a pseudoskeptic does. A real skeptic is not 100 percent on the side of the official version of everything.

Find one article by Shermer where he challenges the official version of anything. If you can't, then I rest my case and have proven my point.

No critical thinker does that. Only the establishment police act in such a manner where they never question the official version of anything and consider it unquestionable.

Scepcop, I've posted articles and videos of Shermer that directly refute your contentions that you've made here. I did so because you've made these specific contentions in the past. You must have seen them, and yet you make these comments and ask us to find one article where he challenges the official version of something. I've done it. I've done it on this site. I've also posted his particular comments on Bigfoot, where he very clearly does not say that 100% bigfoot doesn't it exist. Will you acknowledge that I've done so?

(Ok, I tried to do a search for "Shermer" so I could link to my posts, and it says: "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: shermer." Ack! I put in "randi" - same thing! I put in "house" and it came up with 367 matches. Have you actually rigged this site so that we can't search for those guys?)
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Sep 2010, 19:19

Welcome Omega Chaos and Rizla!
NinjaPuppy

Postby OmegaChaos » 23 Sep 2010, 22:42

RIZLA wrote:Hello Omega I'm new here too although I haven't managed to post anything since my intro.

Atlantis itself was according to my research and Plato also tells that it,s capital was in big island in the middle of Atlantic Ocean,between Europe and North America.But civilization itself was worldwide.and there are lots of evidence to support that it existed.Many ancient texts talk about it,but they don,t call it Atlantis.Also much physical evidence-artefacts,megalithic sites etc.I suggest you to research Klaus Dona,s,Jonathan Gray,s and Michael Tsarion,s work.

And about Shermer,I have watched some of his videos,debates etc...doesn,t seem like a genuine skeptic for me....later I maybe discuss him more later.

scepcop wrote:Welcome Omega Chaos.

I love such topics too. How did you find us? Is that you in the avatar?

Have you seen any NWO films on YouTube? There are so many of them now. They consist of either ones produced with Christian themes or New Age type themes.

I found you in David Icke forums.No it,s guitarist in my favorite band,Versailles,which plays Symphonic/Neoclassical Metal and is from Japan.He is a guy btw LOL.And why he looks like that,is that in Japan some bands dress in fashion style called Visual Kei,which is quite androgynious,and I love it.

I have seen a lot of them.Both New Age and Christian perspective,I am kinda in the middle.
OmegaChaos

Postby RIZLA » 24 Sep 2010, 05:27

...was in big island in the middle of Atlantic Ocean,between Europe and North America.

Geology tells us there never was a “big Island” in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. Indeed it's questionable Plato was even aware the Atlantic ocean existed.

Many ancient texts talk about it,but they don,t call it Atlantis.

Omega. I cannot follow this line of reasoning. How can we possibly know these ancient texts refer to Atlantis if they don't call it Atlantis? What did they call it?

I suggest you to research Klaus Dona,s,Jonathan Gray,s and Michael Tsarion,s work.

I did.

eta, Omega, it would be a great help if you could find a can of WD40, or 3in-one oil and give your space-bar a quick squirt.
Last edited by RIZLA on 24 Sep 2010, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.
Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
-- Homer Simpson
RIZLA

Postby OmegaChaos » 24 Sep 2010, 06:00

RIZLA wrote:
Geology tells us there never was a “big Island” in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. Indeed it's questionable Plato was even aware the Atlantic ocean existed.

Well,mainstream geology have claimed it yeah.But I don,t buy it at all.Plato I think knew it well,that Atlantic Ocean existed.

and an article for you http://www.atlantisquest.com/Geology.html
RIZLA wrote:

Omega. I cannot follow this line of reasoning. How can we possibly know these ancient texts refer to Atlantis if they don't call it Atlantis? What did they call it?

Because their description is similar to Atlantis story. It has been called Atland,Aztland,Atala etc...quite similar names..and it,s just a name.You can call this civilization whatever you want.

http://www.atlan.org/articles/corroborating_evidence/

RIZLA wrote:I did.

Good...well Klaus Dona and Jonathan Gray collect out-of-place artefacts,which may prove existence of Atlantis and Michael Tsarion works out his own theory,which I kinda like,but he makes some claims that just isn,t supported by evidence.
OmegaChaos

Postby RIZLA » 24 Sep 2010, 06:24

Good...well Klaus Dona and Jonathan Gray collect out-of-place artefacts,which may prove existence of Atlantis and Michael Tsarion works out his own theory,which I kinda like,but he makes some claims that just isn,t supported by evidence.

So why refer to him?
-- Homer Simpson
RIZLA

Postby RIZLA » 24 Sep 2010, 06:31

Good...well Klaus Dona and Jonathan Gray collect out-of-place artefacts

What are these "out-of-place artefacts" of which you speak?
-- Homer Simpson
RIZLA

Postby OmegaChaos » 24 Sep 2010, 06:43

RIZLA wrote:

So why refer to him?

well because I don,t throw whole of his theory out because of some inconsistencies.In general he is right.And it,s up to you to make your own conclusions.I refer to him,because he has put together so much material.and some unprovable claims don,t just delete that.just take what you can verify with your own research.

RIZLA wrote:What are these "out-of-place artefacts" of which you speak?

too much to mention but watch Klaus Dona,s presentation

I probably should start Atlantis thread somewhere where I lay out my view on Atlantis and supporting evidence.
OmegaChaos

Postby RIZLA » 24 Sep 2010, 07:12

I probably should start Atlantis thread somewhere where I lay out my view on Atlantis and supporting evidence.

I agree.
eta, apparently the WD40 suggestion worked.
-- Homer Simpson
RIZLA

Return to Introduce Yourself