View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Greetings all! My virgin post...

Introduce yourself here!

Re: Greetings all! My virgin post...

Postby ProfWag » 09 Sep 2010, 03:59

Scepcop wrote:
Icke has spent many years researching this, and is a good person to learn from.

Keep an open mind and remember that Icke may not be right about everything, but he is right about SOME things for sure.

I would like to see a show of hands of all the parents out there who would like for their children to have a teacher who may not be right about everything, but is right only about "SOME" things.
C'mon, hold 'em up high so we can count them!
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Sep 2010, 06:20

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:

Keep an open mind and remember that Icke may not be right about everything, but he is right about SOME things for sure.

I would like to see a show of hands of all the parents out there who would like for their children to have a teacher who may not be right about everything, but is right only about "SOME" things.

Not being right about some things still beats the heck out of some of the crazy loons I had as teachers. Besides, it's apples and oranges.
NinjaPuppy

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 09 Sep 2010, 17:14

Scepcop wrote:Yes I've noticed it. But more so, I notice that people's minds can't take too many layers of truth at once. When you peel off the layers of truth, they get stranger and stranger. So you gotta start with the first layer, or else they won't accept the deeper layers.

What do your friends and family/relatives say when you mention David Icke? Do they automatically become dismissive?

absolutely right! friends and family are the most dismissive because their ego identity is so much tied up in their original view of you (or me in this case), but still, i've begun to make some headway with them in some areas. less so in others lol. explaining the banking/credit scam (or police and law scams) didn't go so smoothly haha but still, what can i expect when they've held their views for 60 odd years and then i come along and point out that everything is a lie. no matter what evidence you have, sometimes ppl just don't wanna believe, or they can't process what you're saying because they have no reference point for it... i mean, try telling the average 60 yr old that governments can't govern ppl without CONSENT because STATUTES only apply to legal fictions (all caps name).

i can definitely say i've woken some ppl up though (hey, it's my job ;) )

avoiding icke helps out for the most part, i find. anyone who's heard of him but not studied him properly immediately thinks "lizard people" and dismisses anything else he puts forward. but he's friggin' knowledgeable.

i think profwag made a comment about not having a teacher who's wrong about some things. i'd like to say that i've never had, seen, met or heard of an omniscient teacher. i don't believe they exist, and it's not hard to see that there's a huge number of fallacies that pass as truth in mainstream education. i'd take Icke over any grade school history teacher any day! B) ("Mr Icke we've finished the module ahead of time, tell us about the lizards again!")
Brendan D. Murphy is the author of the forthcoming book series on the nature of reality and consciousness, The Grand Illusion: A Synthesis of Science, Mysticism and the Occult. Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Grand-Illusion-TGI/151764238172173?ref=ts

It's all just a dream, and the dream is dreaming itself...
The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Scepcop » 09 Sep 2010, 20:15

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:

Then no one would be a teacher in your world, cause no one is right about everything. You said so yourself.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 09 Sep 2010, 21:06

Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:I would like to see a show of hands of all the parents out there who would like for their children to have a teacher who may not be right about everything, but is right only about "SOME" things.

Then no one would be a teacher in your world, cause no one is right about everything. You said so yourself.

True that, but at least teachers SHOULD be using textbooks and valid sources for the material they present and not just some goofy ideas that don't begin to have an ounce of credibility.
ProfWag

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 10 Sep 2010, 07:50

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:I would like to see a show of hands of all the parents out there who would like for their children to have a teacher who may not be right about everything, but is right only about "SOME" things.

True that, but at least teachers SHOULD be using textbooks and valid sources for the material they present and not just some goofy ideas that don't begin to have an ounce of credibility.

that then begs the question of WHICH textbooks, WHO wrote them, and how are we defining "valid" (or "goofy" for that matter)... many textbooks contain errors and all need updating sooner or later. take parapsychology. standard textbooks on psychology contain entries on parapsychology that claim that card guessing tests are still typical research methods for telepathy! LOL!!! that's not education, that's MISeducation... we could find loads of errors in the standard history books too, and ppl like Icke have thankfully done a pretty good job of exposing some of them :)
Brendan D. Murphy is the author of the forthcoming book series on the nature of reality and consciousness, The Grand Illusion: A Synthesis of Science, Mysticism and the Occult. Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Grand-Illusion-TGI/151764238172173?ref=ts

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby ProfWag » 10 Sep 2010, 20:54

The_Grand_Illusion wrote:
that then begs the question of WHICH textbooks, WHO wrote them, and how are we defining "valid" (or "goofy" for that matter)... many textbooks contain errors and all need updating sooner or later. take parapsychology. standard textbooks on psychology contain entries on parapsychology that claim that card guessing tests are still typical research methods for telepathy! LOL!!! that's not education, that's MISeducation... we could find loads of errors in the standard history books too, and ppl like Icke have thankfully done a pretty good job of exposing some of them :)

Yes, thankfully science is contstantly evolving and we are learning new things everyday. My point remains that I would rather my children learn from sourced textbooks than from someone who claims that world leaders are a bunch of paedophiles and Satanic worshipers. If my child was in a classroom with a teacher who supports and promotes Icke's beliefs, I would pull him/her out immediately.
ProfWag

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 11 Sep 2010, 07:39

ProfWag wrote:

Yes, thankfully science is contstantly evolving and we are learning new things everyday. My point remains that I would rather my children learn from sourced textbooks than from someone who claims that world leaders are a bunch of paedophiles and Satanic worshipers. If my child was in a classroom with a teacher who supports and promotes Icke's beliefs, I would pull him/her out immediately.

that's fair enough, it'd be your call anyway. depending on the age of the kid i'd consider what i'd do... if we're talking high school, i'd probably challenge them to try to prove him wrong and to keep an open mind. they'd learn a LOT along the way, and probably verify most of what he says anyway heheh
it's fairly clear that paedophilia and Satanism are rampant around the world--the question is to what degree, and it seems that it's a fairly large degree, and highly organised when it comes to aspects of the political arena. Satanists, after all, tend to be educated, intelligent, articulate, etc., as opposed to ignorant, ill-educated, etc. look at politics as we've known it for so long now--what's it ruled by? the lust for power, and ppl who'll do almost anything--including Satanic rituals--to get it... makes sense...

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby ProfWag » 11 Sep 2010, 17:41

ProfWag wrote:

that's fair enough, it'd be your call anyway. depending on the age of the kid i'd consider what i'd do... if we're talking high school, i'd probably challenge them to try to prove him wrong and to keep an open mind. they'd learn a LOT along the way, and probably verify most of what he says anyway heheh
it's fairly clear that paedophilia and Satanism are rampant around the world--the question is to what degree, and it seems that it's a fairly large degree, and highly organised when it comes to aspects of the political arena. Satanists, after all, tend to be educated, intelligent, articulate, etc., as opposed to ignorant, ill-educated, etc. look at politics as we've known it for so long now--what's it ruled by? the lust for power, and ppl who'll do almost anything--including Satanic rituals--to get it... makes sense...

Personally, I don't know any Satanists. Could you point me to one whom I may have heard of that is "educated, inteligent, articulate, etc.?" I'm not disagreeing with you at this point, I'm just curious as to who you are basing your opinion on.
ProfWag

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 12 Sep 2010, 09:56

Personally, I don't know any Satanists. Could you point me to one whom I may have heard of that is "educated, inteligent, articulate, etc.?" I'm not disagreeing with you at this point, I'm just curious as to who you are basing your opinion on.

well, that's a fair enough question but not a simple one to answer, though i'm basing that on a bunch of different sources--more than i can recall off the top of my head (this is a topic i haven't looked at for quite a while). in point of fact, you'll see through Icke's last 5 or so books that he deals with this quite a bit and references numerous sources in support. Satanists pop up in the most unlikely of places--kindergarten/day care centres for instance. the kids get put through these rituals and describe things that just make no logical sense aside from the likely fact that they really did experience these demonic rituals--in secret underground rooms no less. i guess the point would be that Satanists don't walk around with signs saying "i'm a raging Satanist"--they're "normal" people; they look normal, they speak normally, they dress normally, they can be charming and sophisticated. the best and most dangerous sociopaths are the ones who know how to blend in. same for some paedophiles--books like The Franklin Coverup expose some of this stuff.

you might find this link useful, it'll give you an insight into some of this (and you'll recognise some names): http://www.educate-yourself.org/cn/fran ... erpt.shtml

you could then look at stuff like "Trance-Formation of America" by Cathy O'Brien, an alleged victim of Dick Cheney...

you could then get into Bohemian Grove and all sorts of other stuff...

warning: this is a very real, messy and deep rabbit hole! 8)

the media mirage presented Re: politics is farcical and bears little relation to reality unfortunately...!

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Arouet » 12 Sep 2010, 10:34

The_Grand_Illusion wrote:Satanists pop up in the most unlikely of places--kindergarten/day care centres for instance. the kids get put through these rituals and describe things that just make no logical sense aside from the likely fact that they really did experience these demonic rituals--in secret underground rooms no less. i guess the point would be that Satanists don't walk around with signs saying "i'm a raging Satanist"--they're "normal" people; they look normal, they speak normally, they dress normally, they can be charming and sophisticated. the best and most dangerous sociopaths are the ones who know how to blend in. same for some paedophiles--books like The Franklin Coverup expose some of this stuff.

Oh crap! My eldest just started kindergarten this week! My wife told me that the teacher seems like the perfect kindergarten teacher. Just perfect! Exactly what she expected! But now I'm thinking, what if she's too perfect, you know what I mean? Does Icke give any pointers on how to figure out if your kid's kindergarten teacher is a Secret Satanist? Holy crap! SS! Are nazi's involved too?

Wow, I've got to figure out a way to protect my son from these neo-nazi Satanists they've hired over in that so-called school. You know who runs schools? Yep, its the Establishment. Neo-nazi satanist establishment types. I'll bet she's even a skeptic too! Not just a skeptic - a pseudoskeptic! A neo-nazi satanist pseudoskeptical establishment hack!

Hmmm, how do you go about home schooling? Cause I'm never going to take him back there again!

:o
Arouet

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 12 Sep 2010, 10:56

Arouet wrote:
The_Grand_Illusion wrote:Satanists pop up in the most unlikely of places--kindergarten/day care centres for instance. the kids get put through these rituals and describe things that just make no logical sense aside from the likely fact that they really did experience these demonic rituals--in secret underground rooms no less. i guess the point would be that Satanists don't walk around with signs saying "i'm a raging Satanist"--they're "normal" people; they look normal, they speak normally, they dress normally, they can be charming and sophisticated. the best and most dangerous sociopaths are the ones who know how to blend in. same for some paedophiles--books like The Franklin Coverup expose some of this stuff.

Oh crap! My eldest just started kindergarten this week! My wife told me that the teacher seems like the perfect kindergarten teacher. Just perfect! Exactly what she expected! But now I'm thinking, what if she's too perfect, you know what I mean? Does Icke give any pointers on how to figure out if your kid's kindergarten teacher is a Secret Satanist? Holy crap! SS! Are nazi's involved too?

Wow, I've got to figure out a way to protect my son from these neo-nazi Satanists they've hired over in that so-called school. You know who runs schools? Yep, its the Establishment. Neo-nazi satanist establishment types. I'll bet she's even a skeptic too! Not just a skeptic - a pseudoskeptic! A neo-nazi satanist pseudoskeptical establishment hack!

Hmmm, how do you go about home schooling? Cause I'm never going to take him back there again!

:o

First thing's first, Arouet: you and your eldest child best get fitted for your tinfoil hats so the Neo-Nazi Satanist Pseudo-sceptical Establishment hacks can't read your thoughts or see your next move coming. ;)

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Arouet » 12 Sep 2010, 11:15

The_Grand_Illusion wrote:First thing's first, Arouet: you and your eldest child best get fitted for your tinfoil hats so the Neo-Nazi Satanist Pseudo-sceptical Establishment hacks can't read your thoughts or see your next move coming. ;)

Crap! You're right! Hmmm. Does aluminum foil work as well as tin? 'Cause I've got one of those huge rolls from costco already! If not, I'll have to go shopping!

So many things to worry about!
Arouet

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 12 Sep 2010, 11:23

Arouet wrote:
The_Grand_Illusion wrote:First thing's first, Arouet: you and your eldest child best get fitted for your tinfoil hats so the Neo-Nazi Satanist Pseudo-sceptical Establishment hacks can't read your thoughts or see your next move coming. ;)

Crap! You're right! Hmmm. Does aluminum foil work as well as tin? 'Cause I've got one of those huge rolls from costco already! If not, I'll have to go shopping!

So many things to worry about!

Well, of course, I use both, being the paranoid-delusional conspiracy theorist that I am. So obviously, I would advocate taking all possible precautions. Can never have too much tinfoil. Or Bibles. Satanists hate those. I've heard rumours about garlic too, but that might just be for vampires--which are also everywhere, but more devious due to their susceptibility to light. Which is why I sleep under a UV light... Can't be too careful! Trust noone!

Home schooling your child sounds good prima facie, but when you think about it, even you yourself may turn out to be a Establishment mind-controlled Satanist--or worse: a reptilian shape-shifter--so that's probably out too. Hmm... Decisions, decisions...

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby ProfWag » 12 Sep 2010, 21:26

The_Grand_Illusion wrote:well, that's a fair enough question but not a simple one to answer, though i'm basing that on a bunch of different sources--more than i can recall off the top of my head (this is a topic i haven't looked at for quite a while). in point of fact, you'll see through Icke's last 5 or so books that he deals with this quite a bit and references numerous sources in support. Satanists pop up in the most unlikely of places--kindergarten/day care centres for instance. the kids get put through these rituals and describe things that just make no logical sense aside from the likely fact that they really did experience these demonic rituals--in secret underground rooms no less. i guess the point would be that Satanists don't walk around with signs saying "i'm a raging Satanist"--they're "normal" people; they look normal, they speak normally, they dress normally, they can be charming and sophisticated. the best and most dangerous sociopaths are the ones who know how to blend in. same for some paedophiles--books like The Franklin Coverup expose some of this stuff.

you might find this link useful, it'll give you an insight into some of this (and you'll recognise some names): http://www.educate-yourself.org/cn/fran ... erpt.shtml

Thank you for the link, but it didn't seem to help my curiosity.
Bringing this point back full circle, David Icke has claimed that world leaders are a bunch of paedophiles and Satanic worshipers. I would still like to know to whom he is referring and what evidence he has of this. If he has none, then he is voicing a personal opinion based on some kind of prejudice. And if he is doing that, then his comments hold zero credibility for me.
ProfWag

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself