View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Obama creates Hitler Youth Gestapo in America, for REAL!

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Re: Obama creates Hitler Youth Gestapo in America, for REAL!

Postby ProfWag » 17 Jun 2010, 03:35

One of my bucket list items is to drive Route 66. How's that for nastalgic?
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Jun 2010, 03:45

ProfWag wrote:One of my bucket list items is to drive Route 66. How's that for nastalgic?

Been there, done that. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 17 Jun 2010, 05:17

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:One of my bucket list items is to drive Route 66. How's that for nastalgic?

Been there, done that. :lol:

Did you get the T-shirt?
Seriously, was it worth it or should I scratch that off and replace it with spending the night in a cage with a tiger?
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Jun 2010, 05:39

ProfWag wrote:Did you get the T-shirt?
Seriously, was it worth it or should I scratch that off and replace it with spending the night in a cage with a tiger?

For me, it was worth it. The Hubs and I are considering doing it with the dogs. Should our schedule allow that is. BTW, it can be fattening. I had a hard time leaving Chicago with all the great food there.
NinjaPuppy

Re: Obama creates Hitler Youth Corps in America, for REAL!

Postby Scepcop » 17 Jun 2010, 23:54

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Scepcop wrote:When I said Wow, I meant "Wow now I can learn about the past from you" :) I am a history fan and feel very nostalgic about the past. But of course, we tend to remember the past as better than it actually was.

Not me. My past sucked and it's not something you forget too easily. :lol:

SCEPCOP wrote:But I always hear that people back then were different in that they were less paranoid, not as eager to sue everyone, and that neighbors knew each other and had barbecues a lot. That's why people who are over 50 in America tend to be more easy going, good natured and open to talking to strangers. Isn't that true? Nowadays, hardly anyone knows their neighbors anymore. They are glued to TV's and more in a bubble.

Less paranoia was due to stupidity. I don't mean that as in people were stupid, they were uninformed. You could have a serial killer loose in your neighborhood and you wouldn't know it. News didn't travel too fast and unless you were an avid reader of newspapers, you knew very little of what was going on right in your own backyard. With better media and communication, came useful information and education. Well...until the media decided to present spin point of view and clammor for rating shares, rather than facts.

I am also a history buff. I have always loved learning about factual things from the past. Different cultures and their lifestyles were my passion. It's like a window into how the other half lived. Rather than keeping up with the Joneses.

But most of the paranoia today is unfounded and arises from a state of fear. The US is relatively safe for example, esp in the suburbs. I've never been the victim of any crime there. Yet most people are paranoid and think everyone they don't know might be a psycho. If people were less paranoid in the past, then wasn't that better?

And weren't neighbors closer in the past, like they say? Were yours?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 18 Jun 2010, 00:17

NinjaPuppy wrote: The Hubs and I are considering doing it with the dogs.

Uhhhh, just how many Husbands do you have? ;-)
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 18 Jun 2010, 02:10

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote: The Hubs and I are considering doing it with the dogs.

Uhhhh, just how many Husbands do you have? ;-)

A pair and a spare. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 18 Jun 2010, 02:11

Of course when you take my sentence out of context, it sounds like I'm into some pretty kinky stuff. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Previous

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups