[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
2012 the next great con ?? : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

2012 the next great con ??

Discuss General Topics.

2012 the next great con ??

Postby brett » 15 Nov 2009, 15:31

right then , having lived through the 50''s the 60's 70's 80's90's and what they call the naughties ( der?? ) - i have survived many a doomsday scenario - many end of the world profits and a whole load of hype :lol: :lol:

so now , fresh from the restaurant at the end of the universe we have , ( Q -menacing music )-

so i have decide to try my hand at this profiting business and make a few predictions - well i cant do any worse than some others i could mention ;)

so the great bretty predicts thus :

1. the film of 2012 will make a good deal of money and make a whole lot of people believe its all real and that you could actually pilot an overloaded light plane through all that lot

2. every weirdo ,end of the world er, whack job , alleged expert, and seer is ( or already has ) writing a bestseller on the subject - and they will make a few bob from all this

3. psychiatrists , psychologists, psychologists , mind meddlers and shrinks , will be overworked in the run up to 2012 - as hoards of alarmed people swept up in a tide of media hype rush to get counselling

4. you will soon get flooded with emails offering "solutions" to your 2012 problems , and like YK2 there will be a computer bug that needs fixing at great expense

5.the end of the world will ONLY happen in the USA as all disasters always happen in the USA - Hollywood says so - the rest of us will just have to manage some how

6. nearer the time a new "survivalist" culture will emerge - wall mart will be stripped of everything , and there will be mass hoarding of supplies

7. many people will not bother sending Christmas cards - well whats the point as its all gonna end on the 21-12-12 ?? - many card makers will declare record losses

8. the CT brigade will blame everyone , bush ,the Illuminati, the church , religion, the English ladies cricket team , the Freemasons , etc etc

9. the "great bretty" will get his own TV show - and will invite all you guys to appear and pontificate on the subject - and we will all make lots of money

10. lots of other people will make lots of money out of all the paranoia

11. team GB will sweep the board at the 2012 olympics

12 .and most importantly NOTHING WILL HAPPEN ON THE DAY , the end of the world will be delayed by the wrong type of leaves on the line , snow , adverse weather conditions , lack of funding ,an R in the month . or some other excuse - leaving everyone looking very silly and awaiting the NEXT end of the world

( please cut out and keep these predictions - pin them to your fridge door )

but seriously , the biggest thing to fear is all the hype - a lot of paranoid people will get very panicky around this time ( just as they did around the millennium ) - and will be a far bigger danger to the rest of us than any supposed mayan doomsday scenario - but never mind folks - a fleet of flying saucers is as we speak en rout to earth to collect the "chosen ones " and whisk them to safety ;) - and only the good and righteous will be saved , leaving the rest of us to our DOOM !!

SO SAYS THE GREAT BRETTY - soothsayer, profit, seer of things to come , and pontificator on all subjects , guaranteed 100% accurate or your money back , available on a premium rate phone line at 10 dollars a Minuit , and available for personal appearances at your local mall :D - book now to avoid disappointment !!

the clocks ticking peeps :lol: :lol:

and if any of you can do better ( in the old prediction line ) step right up :D :D
brett

Re: 2012 the next great con ??

Postby The Warrigal » 15 Nov 2009, 15:55

That's a pretty good list Brett.

I have been interested in Civil Defence matters for years and as I live in one of the most bush fire prone areas of New South Wales, there are many aspects of Survivalism that I take seriously.

However, I remember the idiocy that abounded during the Y2K fiasco and agree with you that 2012 is going to be a gluttons feast for every kind of carny.

But if you do get your own TV show I'll watch it.
The Warrigal

Postby brett » 15 Nov 2009, 17:30

brett

Postby brett » 15 Nov 2009, 18:26

see , see i told you so ........... ( er wheres my ticket then ?? )

and as final proof of my predictions - the incredible - i don't take a breath talking girl on 2012

if you are NOT sufficiently freaked out now - you REALLY need to get with the program :lol: :lol:

enjoy !! - whilst there is still time :o
brett

Postby yellowlawn » 16 Nov 2009, 07:38

Finally, someone thinks the same as I do about this. A whole load of bunkum. Just like Y2K came and went so will 2012. I'm sure the end of other great past civilisations came and went without to much fanfare.
yellowlawn

Postby brett » 16 Nov 2009, 13:11

brett

Postby Hellboy » 19 Nov 2009, 05:04

I am still waiting for Bretty TV to come online. :mrgreen:
Hellboy

Postby ProfWag » 19 Nov 2009, 05:14

Yes Brett, good list. What I don't understand is why people are talking about it at all (apart from that fictional film)? Is it because the Mayan calendar ends on that day? If so, mine ends on December 31, 2009. Run for the hills!!!!
ProfWag

Postby brett » 19 Nov 2009, 15:07

brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Dec 2009, 03:47

NinjaPuppy

Postby The Warrigal » 03 Dec 2009, 08:49

The credit card I was granted two months ago expires in 2012. :shock:

You guys are making me nervous! :lol:
The Warrigal

Postby brett » 04 Dec 2009, 18:44

brett

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Dec 2009, 21:51

The woman on the Fox news is hysterical. She's so funny. I love the part where she claims there will be more asteroids. You could see she was grasping at straws to fill in the gaps in the storyline.

In the IHC film they show two scientists. One is the actor John Billingsley
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0082517/
He is labeled Dr Frederic West. This actor was in the last season of the show 24 as the computer scientist that builds the chip to break into high security computer networks.

Not sure who is on the right.

In the next video the "author" is again an actor - John Cusack.

Love the non-stop talker. One serious problem with her prediction: the Mayans did not know about galaxies. Also the flood story from the Maya was a flood of resin, not water. That flood story is not on the codex that was mentioned.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Dec 2009, 22:00

When the world doesn't end there has to an excuse for the mistake. So my predictions are the reasons the world didn't end:

1. People had the digits reversed. The year is 2102, not 2012.
2. The world did end, but was reborn. Our minds were blanked to prevent people from agonizing over the trial and tribulations that happened.
3. A watched world never boils.
4. It's the old millennium counting problem. It's 2013, not 2012! That way another 365 days of profits can be made.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Dec 2009, 04:48

I predict #4! It came to me in a dream.
NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to General Discussions