[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why do they advertise Psychic Conventions? : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why do they advertise Psychic Conventions?

Discuss General Topics.

Postby angelliy » 29 Aug 2013, 15:18

angelliy

Re: Why do they advertise Psychic Conventions?

Postby really? » 29 Aug 2013, 21:24

I'd guess to make money.
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Aug 2013, 07:31

NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 30 Aug 2013, 11:29

Yes, so all the non-psychics can have a chance to attend.
SydneyPSIder

Postby Craig Browning » 15 Sep 2013, 12:01

Contrary to the beliefs and views of some being a Psychic is a legit vocation & business and like any other such scenario they love to gather for lectures, workshops and just to drink a lot and have fun. . . :lol:

BUT I'm uncertain what you're referring to as a "Psychic Convention". . . there are "Gatherings" and New Age Expo type promotions but they are open to the public even though there are private programs for Readers and shop owners and of course "Dealer's Rooms".

I find it curious, how skeptics don't believe Psychics should be allowed to operate their business in the same EXACT way any other business operates. We are condemned for doing mailing lists, sending birthday & holiday cards or keeping records on clients and yet this isn't just accepted practice for a high percentage of businesses in this modern world, it's something taught in basic business school as something PROFESSIONALS do in order to be responsible and deliver the best possible service they can.

Then there's the fact that more non-psychic businesses these days abuse those tactics than you'll find happening in the Psychic/New Age market. Ignoring all the I.D. Theft that is now rampant, much of it due to company files, we have those in the medical trade (specifically) that manipulate patients & their families in order to bill them more frequently, and more! In most all aspects of Sales using a large percentage of the "cheats" psychics are accused of using are considered status quo and "how to get to the close" . . . how to manipulate the client and lure them into your "trap" . . . especially when it comes to high dollar retail.

Maybe. . . just maybe. . . we can start holding ALL businesses to the same high (virtually impossible) standards psychic detractors expect them to hold to? But no. . . that would never work, it would be far too fair and balanced and require "them' to curtail some of their own questionable antics be it when it comes to "investigations" or on the vocational front . . . provided they are in one of those industries that are "guilty" for such antics, of course.

My point is, Psychics deserve the same courtesies any other business is given and that includes the idea of having a convention with their peers.

OH YES. .. I get the pun but contrary to what most assume about Psychics, they don't intuit such mundane happenings that has nothing to do with spirit, necessity or serving one's fellow. Too, not all psychics have the same prowess or level of ability; certain psychics are affected by phantom smells, sounds and other influences over words & visions or symbols (such as the Cards, etc. )

I go away for a few months and you guys forget everything I taught you. . . gesh! :twisted:
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Sep 2013, 21:08

NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 17 Sep 2013, 23:52

:oops: Unfortunately I've known nothing but headache with the PC this year, been down off and on for a month or better since January and then I loose links. . . along side what few pieces of sanity I once knew :?

I'm glad to be back and hope to see some good chats (though I've noticed the long list of Winston theories & paranoia posts that I so dread having to wade through. . . ) :lol:
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 22 Sep 2013, 09:55

Uhhhhh Craig, I believe the topic of this was posted as a joke. As in the lines of when the Psychic Friends Network went bankrupt and everyone asked why they didn't see that coming...
Oh, and welcome back. :-)
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Sep 2013, 23:40

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 24 Sep 2013, 02:15

Whoa there Ninja. I wasn't saying anything about psychics, I was simply pointing out potential jokes. No need to go all psychic on me!
And thanks for the welcome. This forum hasn't seen much excitement lately so I'm hoping it livens up again soon.
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 24 Sep 2013, 03:04

Any less traffic and we'll soon need a medium to read post here!
Arouet

Return to General Discussions