[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Hello, I have asberger's : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Hello, I have asberger's

Introduce yourself here!

Hello, I have asberger's

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 28 May 2013, 06:40

Its been a while since I posted so I have several things to say, but the title is the attention getter,

I haven't been posting much lately, and Ninja's latest post explains some of the reasons, the internet is slow, my computer is crap, and The God Hermes and I may have some issues to sort out.

The times I have checked, I did not notice any of my old friends posting on anything that caught my interest or seemed new, and I wondered if they were as burnt out and/or otherwise occupied as I.

So, Hello, Ninja, Arouet, Prof Wag, Craig Browning, Craig Weiling, Winston, and all at SCECOP. What's up in your lives. Feel free to direct me to any posts about that, or posts you think I might find interesting.

As for being burnt out, I feel like I am living in a Tom Clancy rewrite of Brave New World and 1984, while the Mass Media is praising Atlas shrugging.

Now, to explain the title. First, it is true,I think, to the extent I accept any medical diagnosis. Second, it introduces me better than "I am schizophrenic" although the other is a valid medical assessment, and merely lacks the genetic origin of the condition.

I was diagnosed as a hebephrenic schizophrenic just before they removed it from the list of menral illnesses, or, as I said, "I was diagnosed as apathetic, then they decided I was just lethargic." Then I was diagnosed as manic depressive, then I finally went into a full blown mystagogogic state that slowly relapsed into habitual robotry, then the latest episodes of mental adventures began with the loss of marraige and the constitution, and people who were aware of asberger's, including family started identifying me as having it. Psychologically, I discovered the mental experiences of people with asberger's were the only ones I had heard of that resembled my own, and I had been looking for such since childhood. People with aspie's also understand me.

Finally, I recently saw a friend's child, who is autistic, "pitch a fit" or, as his mother said "he is watching a movie in his head..." "...and those are his sound effects!" I finished, "I used to do that myself!"

Personally, I thank my mother's god she was a Christian Scientists, and no doctor was ever told I pitched fits in Texas in the 60s.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Re: Hello, I have asberger's

Postby SydneyPSIder » 28 May 2013, 10:31

over-vaccinated as a child, perhaps. depending on your age, did you get a lot of vaxes? that's a thesis I'm beginning to explore with adults.
SydneyPSIder

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 28 May 2013, 19:21

First, my major symptomolgoy goes back, literally, to memories of the womb, so vacs would be post facto, but, to answer completely, there were two divergent factors, Sydney, army regs and Mom's Christian Science. I do not recall NOT getting vaccinated regulerly, until we spent a year overseas when I was ten, and, in addition to the scheduled child vacs, got shots for everything from anthrax to the zymorgian crud, going and coming, until I felt like a pincushion and certainly thought I was getting more than my share. After that, I would plead Christian science, and have not been vaccinated since (Downside< I was thirty before I discovered aspirin!) But, my own fav candidate for causative factor is that Dad sat on an a-bomb for two weeks watching for UFOs during the saucer scare of 47!
Twain Shakespeare

Postby Arouet » 29 May 2013, 01:26

Hey Twain, nice to see you back! Hope you stick around its been pretty slow here - my fault too since I've been pretty busy myself. I had my own diagnosis late last year when I was diagnosed with ADHD. It floored me. Receiving the proper medication and treatment has been life-altering in a very positive way.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 May 2013, 07:24

NinjaPuppy

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 29 May 2013, 19:09

Wow about the ADHD! Neat about your daughter
Twain Shakespeare

Postby Arouet » 29 May 2013, 21:40

Arouet