[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Upcoming Experience with a Medium : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby SydneyPSIder » 28 May 2013, 11:49

SydneyPSIder

Postby TruthJunkie » 28 May 2013, 12:15

Last edited by TruthJunkie on 28 May 2013, 12:51, edited 3 times in total.
TruthJunkie

Postby SydneyPSIder » 28 May 2013, 12:17

http://www.tv.com/shows/psychic-detectives/

http://www.noreenrenier.com/

Are these people and testimonials real? 1 minute of my precious time devoted to googling instead of living in laladenial land:

"Remarkably, the lost man's body was found EXACTLY where Renier said it would be! People scoffed at us for seeking out a psychic's help, but Noreen's input was quite incredible...even a bit spooky."
— Detective Sgt. John Buchholz of the Oxford, Ohio, police department.

"...the Bureau has used Renier strictly in an academic setting, to expand the thinking of police officers. We have, however, given her name to law enforcement people who want to try a psychic. And some of them have said she's solved cases."
— FBI Special Agent Robert Ressler, New York Post, June 4, 1988

"Noreen's incredible insight helped close our case by providing the macabre details of our victim's murder which, when presented to our suspect, caused him to negotiate a confession. She also identified two other accomplices to the crime."

— Joe Uribe (Montana DCI Agent - Retired)

"You definitely opened many eyes to the potential investigative tool of the psychic. Obviously, many a doubting Thomas had to revise his ideas concerning this somewhat esoteric area."
— Daniel Grinnan. Jr. Bureau of Forensic Science Commonwealth of Virginia

"I asked Noreen if she would come and address the Illinois Coroner's and Medical Examiner's Association at their Spring meeting. We had worked with Noreen on a homicide case in our county and she was a great help to us. I felt it was important to let members of the Association know what a valuable tool a Psychic may be in working those troubling cases. She was both informative and entertaining."

— Marlene A. Lantz, Coroner McHenry County. 2007

"Noreen never could have known this stuff beforehand and she was so accurate it was chilling."
— Retired Lt. Commander. R. Krolak, The Times Union, February 11, 1992

"I was skeptical until Noreen said on the phone from almost 1OOO miles away that there was something wrong with my friend's leg. He had been hobbling around on crutches for a week, and there was no way for her to know that."
— David Rogers, National Council of Churches Interreligion Task Force for Criminal Justice

"It was kind of scary when we did find it, and it was almost exactly as she described it. I wouldn't say I'm a total believer, but I don't throw out anything they say."
— Lt. Robert Miller, Port St. Lucie Tribune, May 19, 1991

"In a lot of the cases new information comes forth as a result of Noreen's consultation. She has established a formidable track record for honesty and professionalism..."
— Rod Englert Forensic Consultants April, 1990

On Jun 12, 2012, at 12:45 PM, Lacher, Ron wrote:

"I just wanted to thank you again for all of your help regarding the disappearance of Brandy Hanna. Although it’s been seven years since Brandy went missing, I truly believe we will find her. The case has been cold for so long and now, with your help, I finally have some answers. Without your help I would never have been able to find her shoe. It’s hard to imagine that after seven years the shoe was found in the exact area in which you described. Thank you again for all of your help. You have truly been wonderful and have done myself and Brandy’s family a great service. I look forward to working with you again. Take care and stay safe."

Detective Lacher
North Charleston Police Department

"Without Noreen Renier we would not have located Norman Lewis. I'm extremely impressed with her abilities. She told us things that she would have to have been an eyewitness to have known."
— Olin Slaughter, Chief of Police, Williston Police Department Williston Pioneer, June 27, 1996.
SydneyPSIder

Postby SydneyPSIder » 28 May 2013, 12:24

http://www.victorzammit.com/articles/ps ... tives.html

There's 58 + cases listed there solved with the help of a psychic. The FBI appears to have made favourable comments about them also, unlike the assertion made above. Seems there's a few pseudoskeps in the ranks of the FBI who claim to speak for them all.

Or I suppose all 58 + cases are manufactured or wrong. Go to it, prof.
SydneyPSIder

Postby ProfWag » 28 May 2013, 18:57

ProfWag

Postby SydneyPSIder » 28 May 2013, 19:54

SydneyPSIder

Postby TruthJunkie » 29 May 2013, 01:53

TruthJunkie

Postby ProfWag » 29 May 2013, 08:47

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 29 May 2013, 09:40

ProfWag

Postby SydneyPSIder » 29 May 2013, 13:23

SydneyPSIder

Postby SydneyPSIder » 29 May 2013, 15:05

How about Nancy Weber, on Skeptiko? (Cases 7, 12 on the Zammit page)

http://www.skeptiko.com/blog/?p=56

Seems legit. google doesn't return any hard core debunking info.

And, say, Nancy Myer (Cases 3, 51, 53 on the Zammit page) -- although I've seen one adverse report on her already.

Allternatively, why don't we start with the first one and check 'em out, and continue with the next if they are debunked. The ones that don't have a website and are unassuming and unglammed up in their photos to me are more likely to be legit!

How can I put forward any 2 at random for checking out if I know as much as you do on reading Zammit's page? More silliness from wag. Almost like magical thinking. So I suggest we work through from the beginning and start googling '<Person X> debunked skeptic' or something similar and see how we fare, google for the named police officer/s name/s etc. Obviously you would try contacting the named police officers directly to try to verify the story, which involves some real investigation and phone calls.
SydneyPSIder

Postby ProfWag » 29 May 2013, 19:05

ProfWag

Postby SydneyPSIder » 29 May 2013, 20:16

Last edited by SydneyPSIder on 30 May 2013, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 May 2013, 22:27

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 May 2013, 22:41

NinjaPuppy

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy