[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum Avatars enabled and galleries uploaded! : Announcements • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Forum Avatars enabled and galleries uploaded!

Announcements and site updates.

Forum Avatars enabled and galleries uploaded!

Postby Scepcop » 09 Aug 2009, 02:20

Hi all,
It came to my attention that forum avatars have not been enabled here. (No wonder no one has been using them here so far) So I went ahead and fixed that and enabled the avatar feature here.

So you can now upload your own avatars or link them to an image URL. I've raised the file size to 100,000 bytes, which I think is 100k, and 100 pixels height and width, to lighten up the restrictions on avatar sizes.

To upload or link your own avatar, go to "User Control Panel" at the top, then click the Profile tab, then click "Edit Avatar", and follow the instructions.

I will soon be uploading avatar packs in the forum gallery so you can choose from there too. I will let you all know when that's done.

Thanks,
SCEPCOP Admin
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Forum Avatars are now enabled!

Postby Scepcop » 09 Aug 2009, 05:40

Ok I've uploaded some avatar packs into the forum gallery. To access them, follow the instructions above to get to the Avatar configuration screen of your profile in the UCP. Then at the bottom you will see a button that says "Display Gallery". Click on that and it will show you the galleries of avatars available for you to select. To toggle between galleries, select them at the top and then click "Go".
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Forum Avatars enabled and Galleries uploaded!

Postby Scepcop » 09 Aug 2009, 13:05

As a shortcut, you can also try this link to get to your profile immediately:

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar

Then click on Display Gallery below to view the Avatars available. You can change the category to view other galleries as well.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ciscop » 09 Aug 2009, 16:45

awesome nice work winston
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 26 Sep 2012, 20:07

I increased the avatar limitations on this forum to 200x300. The prior limitation of 100x100 seemed to be too small. So if you all wish to increase the size of your avatar too, feel free to do so in your user profile control panel. Click the User Control Panel link at the top and then Profile and then Edit Avatar and then specify the dimensions of your avatar.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 29 Sep 2012, 17:08

How do you all like my new dog avatar that Ninjapuppy picked for me? lol

Now I can fit in with all the dog avatars here. lol
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 Sep 2012, 20:50

:lol: As I said in the other thread, it looks good on you.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 30 Sep 2012, 00:32

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 30 Sep 2012, 00:54

Ninjapuppy,
LOL check this out. These would fit me too huh? lol

This is pretty cute too, for the dog cop idea I mentioned above. lol

Skeptics beware, the dog cop is watching you! lol
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Sep 2012, 01:53

I had seen some similar cute ones with the tinfoil but I decided to go with the conspiracy angle. I really like the doggie cop one but it needs a bit of tweaking to be perfect.
NinjaPuppy

Return to Announcements