View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Philosophy 101 Final Exam

Discuss General Topics.

Philosophy 101 Final Exam

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 07 May 2012, 12:02

Provoked at least by Craig Browning's post "What's Your Thesis?", I chum the water with my own test.

"Why does the Universe exist?" To save time, I will tell you, any answer over, say ten words, will get an "D" if it fails to convince me. If it too long, and I get bored, its an "F", so don't post the Quran.

I will give the answer when I get ten responces, or when someone asks, "Please, Sir, what is the punchline?"

One hint. There is one "A" answer, and one "A plus" answer, one "B" answer, one "B+" and one "B-". Punctuation is important. I am not sure an "A-" answer is grammatically possible in English.

One last hint, answer in three words or less to get at least a "C".
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Re: Philosophy 101 Final Exam

Postby Arouet » 07 May 2012, 19:24

Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 07 May 2012, 21:01

They question is "Why does the Universe exist? My reply: Why not?
ProfWag

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 13 May 2012, 03:34

Beeen long enough. When I was given this test, Prof would have gotten a A-plus by saying "Why not?", as did I.
If we had used an exclamation point, we would have only gotten an A, as exclamation would have indicated we had never considered the question.
A period would have earned an A-, as a period indicated we weren't even considering the question after being asked.

"Because" is the "B" answer, with a similar spread for punctuation.

Any other answer under ten words is a "C' or lower, as described above, but Arouet, your extreme brevity earns you a "C+" and possibly even gets you to the "B-" level. Considering you quoted the classics, I am comfortable giving you that "B-", but I am not sure my prof wouldn't have counted off for not showing your calculations to prove that was your own work. But this is just fun.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby wang0514 » 14 May 2012, 14:52

Welcime here .
Thank you for your sharing .
wang0514

Return to General Discussions