[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Any of you ever use tarot cards or runes? : Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Any of you ever use tarot cards or runes?

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

Any of you ever use tarot cards or runes?

Postby Scepcop » 06 Aug 2009, 02:52

If so, were they accurate and helpful? How do they work? I heard that your "higher self" manifests answers you need to know into the symbols, images and patterns. They don't always answer your questions, but they tell you things that you should know at the moment, since we aren't meant to know everything in advance.

You could even flip a coin several times while asking your higher self yes or no questions, designating 2 out of 3 heads or tails as the answer.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Any of you ever use tarot cards or runes?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Aug 2009, 03:59

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 07 Aug 2009, 04:04

Wow. Actually I just remembered that on several occasions, I did the same tarot reading for myself twice using the basic Celtic spread, and the amazing thing is that the second time, about 75 percent of the same cards came up in the same positions! I was freaked.

I get the impression that each card is only a symbol and may not have the same meaning for each reading. Is that right?

How do you get specific details from the spreads? Aren't the cards just basic symbols or archetypes? How would you know if someone had an affair, for example? Don't you have to use your intuition too, rather than just strict definitions of each card?

Maybe you can do a reading for me over PM sometime?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2009, 06:04

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2009, 02:38

Hi Ninjapuppy,
I still don't get how you can see specifics in tarot cards, when the symbols look so ambiguous, with so many possible meanings and interpretations. It doesn't seem logical. Perhaps it's beyond words.

Ok anytime you're ready to do a reading on me, let me know. You don't even need my birthdate? Would you be doing the Celtic spread?

Also, what do you think of upside down cards? Do they have a meaning that is reverse of its usual meaning?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Aug 2009, 03:46

NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 08 Aug 2009, 07:33

just one question
do you use the full tarot or only the major arcana?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Aug 2009, 10:18

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2009, 21:59

Hi Ninjapuppy,
That's what I figured. I knew there was something more to tarot readings than just following a tarot guide and looking up meanings in tarot reference guides.

Ok see what you can come up with this sunday. But if you feel the cards rolling, and you laid out all 78 cards, wouldn't that be hard and tedious to try to interpret? I wouldn't want to make this more complicated than it is. I sure would be daunted at trying to read a 78 card spread.

As to upside down cards, when you shuffle the deck and split the deck in two and do the bridge shuffle, bringing them together, doesn't that make half the deck upside down? Or do you only use the standard shuffle and make sure that the cards are all right side up?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Aug 2009, 00:55

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 09 Aug 2009, 13:00

BTW, have you ever done any readings at psychic fairs? If not, why not?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Aug 2009, 20:55

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Aug 2009, 03:12

Scepcop, I sent you that tarot reading via PM.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 11 Aug 2009, 02:57

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Aug 2009, 03:01

NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions