[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
pseudo researchers : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

pseudo researchers

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

pseudo researchers

Postby brett » 07 Aug 2009, 13:22

one of the things that give the skeptical reason to debunk ( **and you will find i tend to use the word sKeptical to include the pseudo sKeptic - rather than a normal sceptic - just an iddicincracy of mine - so please forgive ) - is the "pseudo researcher / research group / club " - and by this i mean those who use the paranormal as a vehicle for personal gain , be this fame , glory , financial etc - as opposed to the honest and genuine researcher /s who strive to find the truth of alleged paranormal activity - or at least their "own " truths

for myself , i do not claim to be any sort of expert or authority on the subject , neither do i sport any made up titles or dubious "qualifications " ( including PHD's in tot ally unrelated subjects that some use to lend "credibility " to their supposed expertise - no i am just a rank "amateur researcher and investigator " and proud of that

the funny thing is ( and the point of this post ) that the sKeptics ** - never seem to focus on the question of those who CLAIM supposed expertise /qualifications in the subject including themselves - when all of us KNOW there ARE no qualifications in the subject of the paranormal

like wise nor do they seem to condemn the blatant "using " of the subject by the shall we say "unscrupulous " for furtherance of their own aims be this to supposedly "prove " or "debunk " the subject - they are quick to attack the lone researcher or those trying to use the scientific method ( that old chestnut ) or at least rational methods , but are strangely quiet on obvious "motive" operations and practices

could this be , because they are guilty of them themselves ??

as always just my personal opinion , and maybe totally incorrect

discuss please if you will
brett

Re: persudo researchers

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2009, 19:55

Not much for me to add other than to say I agree with you 100%. OK you sKeptics, tag you're it!

BTW, the 'sKeptic' tag is good.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 09 Aug 2009, 01:14

Did you mean to write "pseudo researchers" in the thread title? I'll go ahead and fix it for you.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby brett » 09 Aug 2009, 02:05

brett

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits