[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Anyone interested in an Anti-Scam board? : Suggestions / Feedback • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Anyone interested in an Anti-Scam board?

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Anyone interested in an Anti-Scam board?

Postby Scepcop » 13 Aug 2009, 00:28

Anyone here interested in a board about business scams and ripoffs?

Or would you prefer to just see those topics in the off topic board?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Anyone interested in a scam board?

Postby ciscop » 18 Aug 2009, 07:14

uuh yeah!
i like scams!
i find them quite intriguing (and sad)
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby The Warrigal » 18 Aug 2009, 16:02

I think it's a good idea Scepcop.
The Warrigal

Postby The Warrigal » 24 Dec 2009, 22:51

Maybe not the best topic to bump in the festive season, but the internet is a jungle which abounds with more parasites, theives and scumbags than any environment that I have ever come across.

Aside from the paranormal scams which probably draw the attention of most of us here, there are a multitude of seemingly honest, but in reality, dishonest and sometimes even downright cruel scams on the net.

Thus, if the interest is there, I would urge this site to get into the scam exposure action, and for those who feel up to it, the "scam baiting" gig.

So I would ask others here to comment on this, - (admittedly), - old thread.

Paranormal fraud is a pet hate of mine and this I admit.

However, ALL fraud is contemptible and the more citizens there are out there helping to drive scummers of all types out of business the better IMO.

Therefore, I think that an anti-scam Sub-Forum would add inches to the credibility of this site.

Warrigal
The Warrigal

Postby mr. mike » 25 Jan 2011, 04:31

I approve of this idea, as long as we can also list the televangelist scammers* as well.

Creflo Dollar
Benny Hinn
Leroy Thompson and the other "prosperity gospel" preachers
Morris Cerrullo
Mike Wernke
Any graduate from Hyles-Anderson College
mr. mike

Postby The Warrigal » 25 Jan 2011, 16:34

Mr.Mike.

Thank you for your thoughts on this matter.

And yes. I fully agree that if an anti-scam board is introduced at SCEPCOP, it would be incomplete without listing televangelist scammers along with New Age fraudsters.

Warrigal
The Warrigal

Postby Scepcop » 02 Mar 2011, 21:34

I think it's a good idea too. Since everything in this forum gets indexed in Google, (as this forum has good SEO now that I've installed a mod to create better title tags) we can help expose scammers and frauds by entering their name or the name of their business into the title of the threads we create on the Scam board.

Personally, I believe that if someone does something really wrong (not in a gray area though but in a clear cut irrefutable way that they have no defense for) then they deserve to have their name indexed by Google so that their shame will be shown to the world for all to see, until they try to fix what they did wrong. Life is not fair of course, and injustice often wins, so exposing the unjust online will help balance the scales of justice.

Sites like RipoffReport.com provide this, however, such sites are scams themselves in that they do not allow the poster to remove his/her own post and instead require one to pay hundreds of dollars to have their name or business name removed from RipoffReport, making it an extortion scam. But we wouldn't be doing that of course.

However, if we create such an Anti-Scam board, we should only post scam warnings about people or businesses that CLEARLY did something wrong and have no defense and refuse to right their wrong, but not matters in gray areas or that are too personal or subjective. The wrongdoing must be clear and objective.

What do you all think? I'm sure we all know someone or something in our lives that wronged us, cheated us, ripped us off, or stole from us, and never bothered to try to correct it honorably.

How about we call the Anti-Scam board "Scams and Warnings" or "Scams, Frauds and Warnings"?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Anyone interested in an Anti-Scam board?

Postby ProfWag » 05 Mar 2011, 06:15

Could the first post be on the Richard Gage scam? ;-)
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 05 Mar 2011, 15:39

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 05 Mar 2011, 17:10

Ok well the Anti-Scam board has been created. Check the index page. I've also moved a few older topics there that fit there.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions / Feedback