[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Precognition dreams : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Precognition dreams

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Precognition dreams

Postby Paradox » 21 Feb 2011, 12:59

Are precognition dreams predictions or warnings to avoid a likely scenerio? Can freewill overcome fate?
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Paradox

Re: Precognition dreams

Postby G. ADAM » 21 Feb 2011, 16:20

G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 21 Feb 2011, 20:54

G. Adam, are you now using a random paragraph chooser to answer posts?
Arouet

Postby caniswalensis » 21 Feb 2011, 21:36

caniswalensis

Postby G. ADAM » 21 Feb 2011, 21:42

G. ADAM

Postby Craig Browning » 21 Feb 2011, 22:28

Where in the hell did my post go?

I made a post less than 20-minutes ago on this topic and when I come back to check something, IT'S GONE!? :shock:

We need to find this Bermuda Triangle of the Internet and figure out why it happens :roll:
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 21 Feb 2011, 23:00

NinjaPuppy

Postby curious » 23 Feb 2011, 07:43

I sometimes wonder about this too Paradox.

I've met a few people who have had precognitive dreams over which they have absolutely no power to create change, since they related to unkown people, and unknown time frames, and only became clear what they represented after the fact. I've met someone who experiences years played out in moments before his eyes like a little movie (but whether this is precognitive, or just really good subconscious calculating processes, we're not sure), and things have always ended exactly the way he "foresaw" it, despite attempts to change it (except once where the time frame was off by 6 months).

On the other hand, card readings can be precognitive but can provide clues to the reader as to how specific "fates" can be avoided. Are precognitive dreams of a different type or nature of precognition? Are they further down the line of predestined result than card readings, so a fate is harder to avoid?

You could tie your brain in knots trying to figure this out :lol:
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Postby Craig Browning » 24 Feb 2011, 02:34

Ok, I'm going to try this again. . .

Precognition... is highly misunderstood for the most part and due mainly to folklore, Hollywood, dime store novels and of course the public love affair when it comes to being in love with the fantasy of things "Psychic"/Magickle. . . and it really is a romance -- even skeptics have a deep inner-need (desire) to see it really proven, it's just human nature.

90+% of the time our dreams reveal ONLY subconscious perspectives pertaining to things its picked-up on through the day or past year or two for that matter; it is trying to help us be aware of issues in our own life and has no application towards others EXCEPT for how we treat and are perceived by others. The balancing factor is where we step to the other side of the proverbial veil; both, in the literal sense of "spirit world" type things, as well as the sense of things clairvoyant.

Prophecy, Premonitions, Hunches, etc. are 100% natural and for the most part, have a somewhat logical basis to them. . .

When we have a sudden urge or feeling it is the result of our intuition -- the culmination of personal study, discipline, life experience, sub-conscious observation, etc -- warning us that stuff is about to happen... that danger is right around the corner, etc. Sometimes this can show up as a visual "flash" (psychic impulse) sometimes it's in a dream, sometimes it can be triggered by some odd smell or image -- a Deja Vu moment!

In the 40ish years I've studied this stuff from both sides of the fence, I have to say that at least 93% of the time this is what's going on -- it's natural and there is no boogieman at the helm. I leave the door open however and for good reason; far too many incidents in which the same general "vision" is shared by "like minded" people (and even those far removed from all the psychic stuff. . . including now reformed skeptics).

In August 2001 I was invited to be a guest for KBZZ AM Radio in Reno, NV. for National Psychic Week. At the end of the interview the requisite question was asked, "Do you see anything dark and gloomy on the horizon?"

With a deep sigh I explained a dichotomy that was plaguing several area Readers, Shaman, etc. a vision of a fire and smoke filled sky, the ground shaking worse than any earthquake any of us had ever experienced. We knew that this would be a calamity unlike anything the world had seen in the past 1,000 years; that it would affect everyone and everything especially on the economic, social and political fronts. But here's where things get "human". . .

Skeptics complain about how vague psychic visions can be, the reason is actually more down to earth and honest than they're willing to admit; the fact that the information is being processed through our own subconscious mind that can only convey the information it wants to share with us via images and sensations we are already familiar with. This particular vision suggested a voluminous mass -- a "Mountain" for lack of a better term. So when you sense something of said density, size, mass along with seismic vibration, smoke, fire, etc. what is your first assumption?

That's right, Volcano!

When you reside in America's Northwest and more so, when you witnessed the devastation of St. Helen's back in the early 80's . . . well, you are going to ASSUME this kind of vision is a warning about a huge volcanic explosion that is going to take place in the Northwestern U.S. or Southwestern Canada, the most volcanic part of mainland U.S.A.

When asked when this event would take place my answer was, "Within the next four to six weeks"

Four weeks, almost to the hour, airliners crashed into the World Trade Center.

With the exception of the key things we consciously ASSUMED, every single point shared on that broadcast turned out to be 100% on the mark; the failure was on the human side of things and trying to look at these shared images "rationally".

BUT WHY DIDN'T YOU SHARE THIS KIND OF THING WITH THE AUTHORITIES? Screams the cynic in an arrogant tone.

Keep in mind that when this happened we had an idiot in office that ignored the warnings of two previous presidents (one was his daddy) as well as key intelligence reports warning that such a thing could happen. How do you think he'd respond to the hunch of a bunch of New Age hippies (which is how this good "christian" would view us. . . and with that part in place, we'd only know this if the devil told us, right?)

I share this for a couple of important reasons, the first of which is to reveal how difficult it is to interpret visions & dreams; even psychologist and other mental health experts get things "confused" and too, what may mean one thing in one nation/culture/region may means something entirely different elsewhere; look at how OBE's in Western/Christianized cultures give us JC or Lucifer while those in alternate cultures reveal the deities common to their understanding. The second reason I wanted to bring this up is to look at the issue of "Prophecy" in that most of it is personal, it is very rare that it entails something on a global scale such as this situation brings up. The post 9/11 situation revealed that spiritually attuned people all over the globe were having this same kind of vision and no, it is not coincidence or a bunch of fools trying to "cash in" on the events by making such a claim, there are safeguards against such in that there will always be that handful of wannabes that will do exactly what is assumed.

When prophecy of this sort happens. . . well, let's just say that it is less than .5% of the time, probably even less it's such a rare occurrence. On the other hand, a prophetic dream/vision that centers on say, members of your community, the gang at work, etc. While still rare, they are closer to how genuine prophecy happens; it is limited to a specific group or region and only for a determined period in time.

None of this should get confused with Divination or the kind of Visions one can have when enduring certain shamanic rites; most of which focus on the individual and his/her personal destiny, which is the ONLY THING we actually have power over in life.

NOW THAT I'VE CONFUSED YOU ALL. . . well, I hope not. . . but, I hope that what I've attempted to give you a condensed overview on will shine a bit better light on how it all works at the metaphysical level (boogieman free). There's a lot more to it than I've desire to write about, but this will hopefully give you a better picture to things.

:idea: OH! And NEVER trust those "Dream Books" that are out there. Most of them are very much dated and likewise host strong churchianity and Victorian perspectives that are not common in today's mode of things -- symbols and their meanings are fluid and must be viewed in context which, as I've hopefully shown, ain't an easy thing.
Craig Browning

Postby curious » 24 Feb 2011, 03:37

No confusion at all, actually --that was very clear, and an interesting read too. Thank you! If I have time later, I might post some questions after having digested your post, if you don't mind.
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Postby Craig Browning » 26 Feb 2011, 04:48

Go for it!
Craig Browning

Postby curious » 26 Feb 2011, 10:10

curious

Postby Craig Browning » 28 Feb 2011, 01:52

Correct. . . but we all have such sensations and I can assure you, it is 100% natural even though some people are both, more sensitive to such things than others and too, some are simply more willing to "listen" to these sensations than others.

The naysayers want to deny such things because it can't be touched, measured, weighed, poked, prodded, etc. and thus, it can't exist. . . :roll: even when it happens to them. But hey, I've also seen such things change them from cynic to ardent believer over night. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby Paradox » 28 Feb 2011, 17:47

I'm sorry for the late response but I try to get on here when I can. I've asked this question for a very personal reason. Normally we all have dreams where something odd or bad occurs but they end up not really happening. I was referring to a dream where my mother had a very odd dream where she dreamt about my brother calling her on the phone at her house. He told her that I was killed in a car wreck and my body was lying on the highway. He (brother) also told her (mom) that he was calling her from a motel but he didn't say the name of the place. My mom freaked out in the dream. In the same dream I ended up at her back door (sliding glass door) where she saw me with my grandmother standing there. She opened the door to let us in and told my brother on the phone that he was wrong about me being dead on the highway. Apparentely I gave my mom a strange look but didn't say nothing to her. Then she woke up at that point upset for she told my dad about the dream then he told me about the dream at work (me, my dad and mom worked at the same plant). He said 'you don't look like a ghost to me' then he started laughing. I was confused but then he told me. I should also mention that at the time I lived with my brother and grandmother at my gram's house together but my mom and dad lived at their own place not too far from us before I describe what happens next.

Before I go on I should mention that I'm not making this up (I'm not sure what I would have to gain here by doing so) because what happened next is freaky and I still can't get it out of my head until this day. I've never told this story on the net but I've told a few close people about it after the fact. My mom told several people she worked with about this including me, my dad and my brother about the dream 2 full weeks before the tragedy happened. This is a paranormal form and I don't see the point of holding this in and keeping it to myself anymore. What happens next I will describe below.

It was a Super Bowl Sunday 10 years ago back on January 29 2001 (the date is very important here as well). It was the Ravens vs the Giants for I remember this game very well for I was a big football fan at the time but this ended up being the last Super Bowl I ever watched. My brother (I'll just say Tom to describe my bro) and I drank a couple of beers in his room just bsing before he left. He and his boss were going to go to a local sporting club in town to have a few drinks then he was supposed to be back by the time the Super Bowl came on at the house. He never mentioned about going anywhere else but he never came back. I didn't think too much of it because he tended to do that alot since he was very outgoing. I went to bed by 11 that night sleeping till the morning for work. I get awoken by knocking at the door and when I had seen the coroner (I knew who he was) I knew it wasn't good. He showed me my brothers license and told me he had a bad accident. I was in shock and I almost passed out. I was in too much shock to relate to anything at the time such as the dream and the date he died but we all ended up talking about that dream just 2 weeks before this tragedy. My brother was killed when he had a fight with someone at the place he was at and when he decided to walk home. Apparentely his boss left when Tom refused to go with him when he left. The place Tom was at was a combined motel and sporting bar about 3 miles away from our house outside of town. He wasn't supposed to go there that night. He also only went to that bar only a handful of times his whole life. Tom was killed when he was slopped up drunk and decided to cross the lone highway at night around 1 am at a curve in the road and he got ran over by an unknown vehicle. Then very ironically one of his best friends who was at another party and driving home ran over him again while his body layed on the highway. He got out and called the police thinking he killed Tom.

This was all weird and made me wonder about alot of things. The dream my mom had just weeks before matched almost everything that happened except for the fact that it was my brother who was killed instead of me. Ironically in that same dream it was me and my gram who was together at the backdoor at my mom's place and it was my brother who was away calling us from the motel in the dream. I ended up living with my gram for the next 8 years after this event until she passed. I was laying on the highway according to my brother in the dream but it was him who ended up being found dead on the highway! It gets stranger. The house phone rang several times that day shortly after his 'death'. All strange numbers would come up on the caller ID such as all 5's or 0's. This happened several times throughout the day and my mom got the same types of phone calls. Everytime I would answer the phone there was a background type of static or whitenoise type of sound. I would try to say hello and it sounded like a barely audible sound was trying to come through (like a faint voice or something) but I couldn't really make it out with all of the static noise. This continued for about 2 more days then the calls stopped altogether. The strangest part of all of this however was the date of his death which was 01/29/2001. Tom had his own private phone number which he transferred from his apartment to our house when he moved back with my gram and the last 4 digits of his phone number was 0129 !?

What happened here? Could this really have been a coincidence? Was a dream like this a warning or a predetermined fate? Do we all have a date of expiration? There were several other odd events that throughout the years after his 'death' but I don't want to jump too far off topic here. Possible phone calls from the other side? I've always wondered why a ghost can't touch you or alert you to their presence but could somehow find a way to dile a phone number. Perhaps because his death was so sudden he didn't realize he was actually dead and tried to call us in desperation. I don't know but I have way more questions than answers. Dam I never even used to think about this stuff until all of this started happening.
Paradox

Postby Paradox » 28 Feb 2011, 18:09

I should have mentioned that the date of the actual Super Bowl was 01/28/2001 but my brothers death occured at around 12:45 am very early into the 29th very early Monday morning when he left the motel/bar.
Paradox

Next

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy