View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Recommended GOOD books?

Discuss General Topics.

Recommended GOOD books?

Postby RarelyImpressed » 16 Feb 2011, 12:49

I finally renewed my library card and I had trouble pin pointing what I wanted to dive into. I want to read something interesting and knowledgable...I have started with the 48 laws of power and the art of wat, but they were checked out does anyone have any good books to recommend? I am starting to read again after 5 or 6 years so I need something reasonable for now lol. I am sorry but the shows on TV and movies lately have been average at best I need to activate my own imagination from scratch....any good science, or mind books, or fbj mafia or books you recently read....anything thanks!
RarelyImpressed

Re: Recommended GOOD books?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Feb 2011, 19:49

I got nuthin'.

I find that if I surf the net on a specific topic, it can usually give me many reading options available via Amazon.com. Finding it in a public library can be difficult.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 16 Feb 2011, 21:40

My favorite book is the first half of "Man's Search for Meaning" by Dr. Victor Frankl. The second half goes into his theory of Logotherapy which is good, but just isn't in my top interest level. My favorite mafia book, though 30 years old now, is "The Last Mafioso" about Jimmy 'The Weasel" Fratiano. A great, but rather frightening true story, is "the Hot Zone" by Richard Preston. I just finished "Decision Points" by George Bush which I thought was interesting, but could only recommend it if you don't have a sour taste in your mounth about Bush 43. I just started reading Titanic Thompson which is about this guy who was a golf hustler back in the 30's and 40's whom at one point won a large bet against Al Capone. Oh, and finally, there's the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition...
ProfWag

Postby jakesteele » 19 Feb 2011, 03:31

The Magus, by John Fowles. Amazing book, one of my all time favs. It's about one of the greatest mind blank of all time.
Debunkers think all UFO photos are fake,
especially the real ones.
jakesteele

Postby Jackal » 20 Feb 2011, 09:53

"The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche is an awesome book which talks about the methods of Tibetan dream yoga and explains the ideas behind it. Everybody is fascinated by dreams, sleep, and the mind. This book gives you the Tibetan Buddhist perspective on these issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Tibetan-Yogas-Dre ... 1559391014
Jackal

Return to General Discussions