[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
There needs to be a prize run by non-skeptics : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

There needs to be a prize run by non-skeptics

Discuss General Topics.

There needs to be a prize run by non-skeptics

Postby G. ADAM » 07 Jan 2011, 16:00

There are dozens of skeptics organisations offering prize money and none of them are legitimate.

I'll put up the first $500 if SCEPCOP manages the fund!

All you need is $1000 or $2000 prize, then if someone passes a test with 1,000,000:1 ODDS broken and the umpires panel all agree then awarding $2000 is NEWSWORTHY!

Without the prize, nothing will eventuate. Nobody will even put effort into testing or debunking.

I'll apply for the prize myself, think of it as my $500 bet!

I can demo mindreading in a forum, similar to a Zenner Card test. :ugeek:
G. ADAM

Re: There needs to be a prize run by non-skeptics

Postby ProfWag » 07 Jan 2011, 20:15

ProfWag

Postby derrida » 07 Jan 2011, 23:09

derrida

Postby G. ADAM » 08 Jan 2011, 09:47

THE MINDREADING VIA BIBLIOMANCY TEST IS CONDUCTED IN 2 PHASES.

QUESTION & ANSWER PHASE

STEP 1
The Tester writes down 10 yes or no questions that he has a genuine interest in finding out the answer to, not just an interest in whether I can give the answer for test purposes. The questions should cover different topics and use various formats, not all of the same type like whether something will happen in the future on all 10 questions.

STEP 2
The Tester appends 20 random digits to the first question, and uses an MD5 calculator to send me the HASH of the question and private key in STEP 3.
e.g Question 1 = Will my son pass his maths exam today?
Add 20 digits private key = Will my son pass his maths exam today? 9365012857394735289
MD5 = 8d8f057938438f0604b7b38158ea4d6d

STEP 3
The Tester thinks of a random page number (1..333) and a random line number (1..33) and send me a message like this:
Question 1 Page 200 Line 20

STEP 4
I send the Tester the Bibliomancy 'answer' to his question like this:
<<didn't study very much>>

STEP 5
REPEAT STEP 2 TO STEP 4 UNTIL ALL 10 QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN 'ASKED' AND 'ANSWERED'.

SCORING PHASE

STEP 6
The Tester posts his 10 questions in random order.

STEP 7
I have 3 guesses at each question from the set of 10 bibliomancy answers.

STEP 8
The Tester posts the 10 questions in original order with the 20 digit private keys so everyone can check that was the actual order.

STEP 9
The number of correct guesses is tallied, the expected average result is 3 out of 10.

STEP 10
If I scored above average, then my odds are calculated using a binomial calculator. A maximum of 10 Testers with 10 questions each would be required to defeat a total of 1,000,000:1 odds.

VARIATIONS
You can post on a public forum your page and line numbers, or email me.
You can put me in a sealed booth.
You can use Zenner Cards and write the questions on them.
You can skip the MD5 check if you have an unbiased umpire present.

-------------------------EXAMPLE TEST-------------------------

QUESTION AND ANSWER PHASE

"A B" <a@a.uk> wrote in ...
>> > (Condensing the questions and answers a bit.)
>> > > > > > > Question 1, Page 199, Line 5
>> > > > > > > 83b0e31ba7b7fb407ee37116416b6f7f
>> > > > > > ><<I saw you putting something into the food yesterday>>
>>
>> > > > > > > Question 2, Page 3, Line 3
>> > > > > > > 1f2e17481acdcb4920dd292a744ae34d
>> > > > > > ><<ridge to fill their hungry bellies. And as for men, they never
>> > > > > > >seemed happier>>
>>
>> > > > > > > Question 3, Page 50, Line 9
>> > > > > > > a831fa15f3a03f53f5eb943bca71f1d1
>> > > > > > > <<glancing briefly at Mma Makutsi>>
>>
>> > > > > > > Question 4, Page 210, Line 1
>> > > > > > > 7ba2228338bde2272372d8b3765caa3b
>> > > > > > ><<Mma Ramotswe returned to Gaborone on the morning>>
>>
>> > > > > > Question 5, Page 9, Line 20
>> > > > > > 6811dcb44bd19c48639680bb36adc089
>> > > > > ><<Makutsi expressed herself very well - both in English and Setswana>>
>>
>> > > > > Question 6, Page 46, Line 7
>> > > > > 29618727b33b19a48dae689d0a32eea0
>> > > > ><<enquired after Mr J. L. B. Matekoni, and received a brief report>>
>>
>> > > > Question 7, Page 111, Line 5
>> > > > 91c15e58c1333729a5bdaf552078092c
>> > > ><<was not much more than one filing cabinet and its contents>>
>>
>> > > Question 8, Page 99, Line 11
>> > > 4a2a2ce92be15ace85e300c05bb2bae3
>> > <<very distantly connected through her mother's side of the family>>
>>
>> > Question 9, Page 215, Line 9
>> > eec19b16fc97c305685ba67157f65c52
>> ><<"So!" said the Government Man, leaning back in the chair>>
>
> Question 10, Page 110, Line 6
> ebc0c544babde1fb96e36964e5d33486
<<herd boys were very young, no more than six or seven>>

THEN AB tells me the 10 questions SHUFFLED!

Have either of Irene Pepperberg's current parrots learnt their alphabet yet?
Does anyone know why horses are frightened of umbrellas?
Will KalElFan's "Optional Moderation" Usenet scheme become popular?
Does the tropical zodiac work better than the sidereal one for interpreting natal charts?
Does the position of the Moon at sowing have any effect on the growth of plants?
Will the pink rose bush in my garden flower this year?
Does the "Kolisko effect" really exist?
Why does Herc insist on Yes or No questions?
Will the current Coalition Government of the UK last a full term?
Did Nikola Tesla really contact aliens?

Good luck!
--
A. B.

Then I make my "GUESSES" at each question which one it was!

AB's 1st Question
GUESS A/ Does the position of the Moon at sowing have any effect on the growth of plants?
GUESS B/ Why does Herc insist on Yes or No questions?

AB's 2nd Question
GUESS A/ Have either of Irene Pepperberg's current parrots learnt their alphabet yet?
GUESS B/ Does the position of the Moon at sowing have any effect on the growth of plants?

AB's 3rd Question
GUESS A/ Does anyone know why horses are frightened of umbrellas?
GUESS B/ Will the pink rose bush in my garden flower this year?

AB's 4th Question
GUESS A/ Does the tropical zodiac work better than the sidereal one for interpreting natal charts?
GUESS B/ Will the pink rose bush in my garden flower this year?

AB's 5th Question
GUESS A/ Have either of Irene Pepperberg's current parrots learnt their alphabet yet?
GUESS B/ Does the tropical zodiac work better than the sidereal one for interpreting natal charts?

AB's 6th Question
GUESS A/ Will KalElFan's "Optional Moderation" Usenet scheme become popular?
GUESS B/ Why does Herc insist on Yes or No questions?

AB's 7th Question
GUESS B/ Does the "Kolisko effect" really exist?

AB's 8th Question
GUESS A/ Does anyone know why horses are frightened of umbrellas?
GUESS B/ Does the tropical zodiac work better than the sidereal one for interpreting natal charts?

AB's 9th Question
GUESS B/ Will the current Coalition Government of the UK last a full term?

AB's 10th Question
GUESS B/ Does anyone know why horses are frightened of umbrellas?

Looks complicated, but it's just like a Zenner Card with with Question Cards instead of stars and wavy lines cards.

I READ YOUR MIND what question you are thinking of, via Bibliomancy, guessing from several options.

But you have to think of a QUESTION to invoke MOTIVATION for the mindreading.

NOTE: You don't score my answer to your question, I just use the answer to work backwards what Question you were thinking of.

I use a 'remote' version of Bibliomancy, you tell me just a page number and line number and that quote will answer your question, BLIND. You don't have to tell me your question. It provides an objective way to score mind reading.
G. ADAM

Postby ProfWag » 08 Jan 2011, 19:28

Huh?
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 08 Jan 2011, 19:41

Last edited by Arouet on 08 Jan 2011, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jan 2011, 20:59

Succint??? Huh? is no where as succint as WTF?????????????

G. ADAM - I am lost in space here with your last post.
NinjaPuppy

Postby G. ADAM » 09 Jan 2011, 00:26

You think of a Question, encrypt it so you don't cheat, and think up 2 random numbers, and the quote in my book at that page and line number is your answer!

TESTER:
Question 1 Page 200 Line 20

ME:
<<the rain on the plain makes it green again>>

Then you show your question.

You can try it out SUBJECTIVELY just by telling me a page and line number.

The mindreading part is just to get an OBJECTIVE result.
G. ADAM

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 01:18

NinjaPuppy

Postby caniswalensis » 09 Jan 2011, 01:48

With all due respect for what you are trying to accomplish, I believe that there is some substantial subjectivity in the process you propose.

I am speaking of the nature of the questions and answers. If I understand correctly, the subject decides on a question, chooses some numbers to represent a page & a line in a book, and that line is supposed to contain the anwser to the question. I see a great potential in that process to subjectivly interpret the meaning of the book quote and create a relevence to the question where none exists.

A much more meaningful and convincing method would be to make an attempt at directly matching colors, numbers, or symbols. The zenner cards you mention are a perfect example. Since the guessed symbols either match or not, there is no grey area and no subjective interpretation of the results. It is a completely objective process. They also have a fixed, limited number of symbols, making calculation of the odds against chance sucess very easy.

regards, Canis
caniswalensis

Postby G. ADAM » 09 Jan 2011, 02:06

Yes its quite subjective most of the time, but worth a few trials.

In the objective test protocol, you ask me 10 questions without revealing them.
Then you tell me the 10 questions reordered and I sort them.
The only way to do that would be to read your mind what question you were thinking of.

Look up MD5 calculator, relying on you to honestly tell me your question after I've answered it won't work, all skeptics will change their question to cheat.
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 09 Jan 2011, 03:41

Arouet

Postby derrida » 09 Jan 2011, 05:12

oh man this is really cool !
G man! i hope you are the first believer that actually does show his stuff

we had before a Remote Viewer that never wanted to show his ability but it seems you are up for doing this
derrida

Postby G. ADAM » 09 Jan 2011, 07:24

well you better think of a question then!

Don't tell me though, type it in here... http://md5-hash-online.waraxe.us/
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 09 Jan 2011, 08:02

Arouet

Next

Return to General Discussions