[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
My "Re-entry" : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

My "Re-entry"

Introduce yourself here!

My "Re-entry"

Postby Lonecat » 12 Dec 2010, 22:07

Hello everybody once more. I would just like to tell you that I joined this wonderfully sensible website Skepcop many months ago but gradually fell away from frquenting it because of the time it took to attend to my contributions to other websites. You might ask why I spent most of my time with those sites and eventually none with Skepcop. That question is valid and the reason is that with other websites I have had to deal with answers to my postings and other people's follow-up postings. May be I am getting to old for this sort of thing and have not been able to find out how I can receive notifications of answers to my postings on Skepcop forums. If I receive no such notifcations then I must assume that nobody has answered me. At first I scanned through the forums to which I had written to see if anyone was interested in my postings but seeing no answers, lost momentum on those subjects and tended to check back ever less frequently. Today, I was checking through my "log-ins" file and discovered that my user-name and password is still valid. Goody goody! I have again seen what a really intelligent and fascinating website Skepcop is and have decided to ask somebody/everybody how I can be sure of getting a notification of replies to my questions or statements as I do on other websites. Please, somebody, tell me what I should do next. :| ;)
P.S. I will check back to this forum in a day or two just to see if anyone has answered this posting. :D
Lonecat

Re: My "Re-entry"

Postby Arouet » 12 Dec 2010, 22:23

Just hit "subscribe" at the bottom of the page. I think you should be notified of replies.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Dec 2010, 22:34

Welcome back Lonecat. Being a Mod I should know the answer to your question, but since I have to look over just about every post on this forum, I've never tried the notifications or subscription options. I have used the 'search' box at the top right hand corner when looking for a specific post. You can try typing in your Lonecat ID and it should only bring up posts that you have commented on and posts from others that contain your ID from response.

Meanwhile, Arouet seems to have the best solution.

Welcome back!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 12 Dec 2010, 22:51

After I log in, I just hit "View My Posts" and go from there. I couldn't imagine getting a notification everytime someone replies to me. I get enough e-mails as it is...
ProfWag

Postby Lonecat » 12 Dec 2010, 22:59

Thanks all you beautiful people for your replies and so prompt! :o They are all very useful. I have just checked back before dashing off some lunch. I'll be back soon, too, to try applying your suggestions. ¡Hasta pronto! :)
Lonecat

Postby Lonecat » 12 Dec 2010, 23:04

Just before I left for a late lunch I tried clicking on subscribe to topi and got a response saying I had just suscribed to being notified of any reply. Thanks to you, Arouet!
Lonecat

Postby Arouet » 13 Dec 2010, 00:02

No problem. By the way, I've set a shortcut button for the "view active topics" page. Let's me see activity on all new posts.
Arouet

Postby Lonecat » 14 Dec 2010, 04:43

Lonecat

Postby Arouet » 14 Dec 2010, 04:51

Not sure what the problem is. My shortcut is: search.php?search_id=active_topics
Arouet

Postby derrida » 15 Dec 2010, 06:48

derrida

Return to Introduce Yourself