[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
What Are The Myths Concerning The Science of Parapsychology? : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

What Are The Myths Concerning The Science of Parapsychology?

Discuss General Topics.

What Are The Myths Concerning The Science of Parapsychology?

Postby PsiSearch » 03 Dec 2010, 08:47

There are numerous myths that have been proposed as evidence of Psi and the legitimacy of parapsychology as a science. For example, people often misquote the statement that humans only use 10% of their brains.

I am looking for specific statements or claims that are made concerning the science of parapsychology. If you make some general comment like "None of this stuff is real", I will give you a thumbs down and you will not get a best answer from me. I want specifics, and I am not interested in reading about people's praise of their hero or any references to challenges.

On the other hand, I am looking for honest and thoughtful opinions without any regard to which position they are supporting. Please try to keep the responses respectful.
PsiSearch

Re: What Are The Myths Concerning The Science of Parapsychol

Postby derrida » 03 Dec 2010, 13:22

ummm... science of parapsychology?

dude.. i am a psychologist and not even
i consider psychology a science.. (a soft science at most)
derrida

Postby Arouet » 03 Dec 2010, 13:36

I'm a bit mixed on this, but parapsychologists do tend to try and follow scientific protocols - so I'm willing to call it science.
Arouet

Postby PsiSearch » 03 Dec 2010, 15:15

PsiSearch

Postby Arouet » 03 Dec 2010, 17:54

Arouet

Postby really? » 03 Dec 2010, 23:33

really?

Postby derrida » 03 Dec 2010, 23:55

derrida

Postby Arouet » 04 Dec 2010, 00:54

Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 04 Dec 2010, 03:13

ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 04 Dec 2010, 05:19

Arouet

Postby derrida » 04 Dec 2010, 05:33

derrida

Postby Arouet » 04 Dec 2010, 06:03

Ok, we'll have to keep looking. I have played some call of duty, though its not my favourite, I will get back to it though. I hate sports games (except for the wii ones, those are fun!). I've been making my way lately through Halo Reach (myself and coop with the wife) and Fallout III, with a little bit of Mario Galaxy and prince of persia thrown in. I don't have that much time to play (and I'm not the best) so it takes me a long time to finish a game! I have a huge list of games that I want to get but I'm exercising restraint by forcing myself to finish the games I have before I move on to another game!
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Dec 2010, 20:08

Let's get back on topic please......
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 05 Dec 2010, 07:51

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 05 Dec 2010, 07:54

ProfWag

Next