[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Did Ayurveda know about AIDS? Can it cure it? : Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Did Ayurveda know about AIDS? Can it cure it?

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Did Ayurveda know about AIDS? Can it cure it?

Postby Indigo Child » 11 Jun 2010, 22:45

I stumbled onto an article last night which may turn out to be very controversial
because it makes claims that it can cure AIDS.

Ayurvedic practitioner Dr G. Shanthakumar, based in Mumbai, India, claims that ayurveda identified AIDS over 2,000 years ago. The ancient malady was termed Rajayakshma (the king of diseases) and its symptoms were identical to AIDS going by the descriptions of Vagbhata in Ashtanga Hridayam (Chikitsitam section) and its supplementary text, the Ashtanga Sangraham, as well as in another ayurvedic classic, Charaka Samhita (Nidanam section).

The major symptoms are:

(1) drastic loss of weight
(2) fatigue and lethargy
(3) susceptibility to allergies and contagious diseases
(4) skin irritations
(5) bronchial disorders, often leading to tuberculosis of the lungs
(6) damage to intestinal flora resulting in diarrhoea, dysentery, gastritis and
(7) wide fluctuations in body temperature.

Significantly, the root causes of this disease are:

(1) unhygienic sexual practices such as anal intercourse
(2) indiscriminate intercourse with multiple partners
(3) not cleaning the genitals after coitus
(4) washing the body with contaminated or dirty water
(5) bestiality
(6) contaminated blood.

Despite this, whether AIDS and Rajayakshma are the same disease is a contentious issue. Dr Shanthakumar, however, believes they are and says the treatment used for Rajayakshma can be applied fruitfully in the war against HIV/AIDS.

Initially, the patient is given tonics and rejuvenators (Rasayanams) to boost immunity levels. Subsequently, select medicines to counter the virus are administered. Ajamamsa Rasayanam (prepared from cow`s milk, ghee and an extract of goat`s meat) and Indukantham Ghritham are given to strengthen the system and stimulate appetite.

Later, Rasasindoor (prepared with purified mercury) is applied along with some medicines that impart strength. "This treatment regimen is followed for six months and usually shows good results, depending on the severity of the case and associated parameters," says Dr Shanthakumar. The success could be provisional, though. The virus may continue to lurk in the body, but it is unable to do further damage because of the bolstered immune response. The individual may then live out his normal life span

Dr Shanthakumar first treated an AIDS victim in 1992: "About eight years ago, an AIDS patient met me. I applied the ayurvedic therapy keeping his symptoms in mind. He would collapse with high temperature once a week, though he did not harbor malarial parasites. After a month`s treatment, the fever and shivering subsided. After three months, his weight increased from 43 kg to 48 kg. After ten months, he tested negative for HIV.

"I then became confident about treating AIDS. Through my first patient, two others came to me and were both equally successful. But I never cure. I simply assure a longer lifespan with a constitution and metabolism that functions as close to normal as possible. Out of the 64 patients I have treated in the past eight years, 43 are leading healthy, normal lives. Of course, three of my patients died, possibly because they had reached the last stage."

http://www.lifepositive.com/body/body-h ... -drugs.asp
Indigo Child

Re: Did Ayurveda know about AIDS? Can it cure it?

Postby sadiki004lee » 14 Jul 2010, 19:30

Hello
I know of many people giving long life and stopping the symptoms of AIDS or HIV (Human Immune Deficiency Virus) infection by Cow Urine Therapy and Ayurveda.
Some say that breathing exercises yoga can help a lot in making life of AIDS patient comfortable.Nobody has claimed that the virus can be completely eliminated from the human body.If you know any thing Pleas tell me.Thank You.

[LINK REMOVED] [Note from Moderator: Please do not put links to spam sites in your posts]
sadiki004lee

Postby Craig Browning » 14 Jul 2010, 22:07

In 1982 I was living in Hollywood when this strange "Gay Cancer' came about and started destroying the lives of the "young"... in time it got a name and in less time, a stigma.

Between the spring of 1983 and the early 1990s I probably heard of no fewer than a dozen "New Age" methods for "curing" AIDs. Some even had some very solid science behind them along side the political reasons why these "cures" weren't available in the U.S. etc. Including horrific tales of researchers that were murdered (in theory, by order of key pharmaceutical companies) because they had a cure for something that was proving to be more financially lucrative to big business and big government than Cancer and most any other disease to date. More over, it was killing off the "dredges" of society a.k.a. non-whites, homosexuals, poor, drug addicted, etc. It wasn't until it was proven that HIV could be a serious heterosexual issue and the death of two or three major personalities, like Rock Hudson, that the disease was taken more serious... but then, we had to get Ronni Raygun out of office, endure Bush 1 (which wasn't as bad as many thought it would be) and well... most of you know what happened from there.

As all of this was happening we had everyone from Dr. Bernie Seagal and Louise Hay to the founders of Transcendental Meditation, Scientology and a wide array of Yoga traditions and shamanism (Sweat Loges) offering claims of "healing" AIDs or at worse, making the quality of life better for those "suffering" from this condition.

In other words, these claims aren't new and I have strong reason to suspect any such claim right up front because it's been done before. This is not to say that Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, etc. don't have benefits for people enduring any chronic illness; just psychologically benefits can be had when ritual and structure are used in adjusting one's mind-set and energy focus; instead of the "Poor Me" mantra, patients are able to embrace a brighter and more positive expression of who they are and their condition. How is this unhealthy, SO LONG AS IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO BECOME PART OF A DENIAL PROCESS... that's the real snag that's rarely kept in check.

The bottom line is, this is something that people must approach with caution and armed with significant research. Being optimistic doesn't mean one need be gullible. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby nikkys » 15 Nov 2010, 03:26

can someone provide me the address details of Dr G. Shanthakumar. So that I can contact him

Thanks
nikkys

Postby ProfWag » 15 Nov 2010, 05:35

ProfWag

Postby really? » 16 Nov 2010, 11:26

Where o where has indigo child gone ?
really?

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine