[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Did I see into the future? : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Did I see into the future?

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Did I see into the future?

Postby infinite1 » 28 Jun 2010, 03:24

I'm glad Winston created this forum. I've had several interesting experiences during my lifetime, one of which I would like to share today and hear any opinions, comments or theories you may have as to what exactly may have occured. I am in my mid-thirties now. I don't remember the exact age that this experience occured but I was roughly somewhere between 5 and 10 years old at the time. My family lived on a corner house in a fairly quiet suburban neighborhood. If you were standing in the front of the house with your back to the house (facing south), you would see the street going east to west in front of the house, a park directly across the street and a small fenced in sump area to the right of the park on the corner opposite from my house. To the right was an intersecting street that ran from north to south. For some reason as I stood there on the front lawn facing the street I felt like I went into some kind of trance-like state. I was just staring in the direction of the street for no apparent reason. I knew I was doing this but didn't know why and just continued to stare feeling somewhat mellowed out and relaxed. A few seconds later I saw the "apparition" of a car coming slowly down the street in front of the house from left to right (east to west). I say "apparition" because I don't have any other words to explain the way it looked. It was a very real looking car except for the fact that it was somewhat transparent looking and ghost-like. It was almost as if it were being projected rather than being physically there. I could make out all the details of the car, including the color, but it was faded a bit since it was this apparition/projection rather than a solid object. Anway, the car slowly made it to the stop sign at the corner to my right and then made a left turn heading away from me to the South and was soon out of sight - my view blocked by the trees in the sump area on the corner accross the street. Then something really strange happend. I seemed to snap out of my trance and not 2 seconds later I see the same exact car, same color, travelling at the same speed make the same turn down the street. It was identical in every aspect, except this time it was definitely a real car.

I oculd never figure out exactly what happened that day. Over the years I had read some stuff on ESP and related subjects but never came across anything that sounded exactly like what I had experienced. I believe the closest term I could find that sounded like what it might be was "Precognition" but I was never really sure. I'm curious if anyone else has ever had a similar experience or if you know what this was.
infinite1

Re: Did I see into the future?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 28 Jun 2010, 18:46

Welcome to the forum!

That is a very interesting story. I have always wondered if situations such as ESP or precognition occur more in our younger years.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 28 Jun 2010, 18:52

Well, nothing is impossible.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 28 Jun 2010, 19:14

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 28 Jun 2010, 21:10

ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 28 Jun 2010, 23:53

Indigo Child

Postby Indigo Child » 29 Jun 2010, 00:01

Last edited by Indigo Child on 30 Jun 2010, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo Child

Postby caniswalensis » 29 Jun 2010, 00:37

Hi Infinite1, :)

Interesting account, and i enjoyed the read very much.

I am not sure that it is possible to say what happened on that day. I myself have never had such an experience, but I don't know if having something seemingly so mysterious happen to oneself would provide any special insight to the experiencer.

I guess you will just have to decide what you want to believe about your experience. Without objective data, it pretty much comes down to that. Whatever you decide, people wil surely offer contrasting opinions, but you can take comfort in th knowledge that they can no more prove their theory than you can.

Of course, deciding that you do not know what happened is a valid choice too. There will always be things we can not explain. :)

Regards, Canis
Last edited by caniswalensis on 29 Jun 2010, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
caniswalensis

Postby ProfWag » 29 Jun 2010, 01:14

ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 30 Jun 2010, 06:39

Indigo Child

Postby ProfWag » 30 Jun 2010, 09:44

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 28 Apr 2012, 00:11

Huh?

In the case of the ghost car. . .
First off, you're talking about an age level when you're most susceptible to "paranormal" influence -- the age of innocence. I'm betting this happened on the younger end of your range however. Unless you went into puberty early, I doubt seriously that this happened anytime between 6 & 10 years of age. If you did begin to biologically mature early (11-12) then there's another explanation tied to such things that has to do with the biological changes puberty offers.

Most all of us have such precognitive experiences as well as other "psychic-like" experiences when we are between the age of 2 to about 6 (usually starts to stop at about 5 years old). We tend to forget such things and too, as we become more a part of the carnal world and "logic" we tend to build a wall between our conscious mind and how we process information vs. that of a child . . . remember; dragons, fairies, unicorns & leprechauns can only be seen and captured by the innocent ;)

A shaman, had you had access to one at the time, would have encouraged you to find the car or follow it as it moved in your vision, in that something important involving you would be found. This goes with the old saying that "all things happen with reason" -- to the metaphysically aware all such things are signs/indicators for personal growth.
Craig Browning

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 29 Apr 2012, 04:41

This thread prompted me to post a first account of some of the experiences I have had
Catsmeat Witnessess: My precogs, by Twain o Shakespeare
by Twain Shakespeare » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:03 pm
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy