[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
A SCEPCOP article I would like to discuss : PseudoSkeptic Fallacies • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

A SCEPCOP article I would like to discuss

Discuss PseudoSkeptics and their Fallacies. Share strategies for debating them.

A SCEPCOP article I would like to discuss

Postby caniswalensis » 05 Jun 2010, 04:04

caniswalensis

Re: A SCEPCOP article I would like to discuss

Postby ProfWag » 05 Jun 2010, 04:48

Personally, I think his entire Treatise is subjective bullsh!t, but hey, that's just me, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and that doesn't mean he is a bad person. :-)
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 05 Jun 2010, 11:45

as always
i back up what profwag said

oh.. and i add .. boring...
it is just pure pointless rambling
it is like craig browning on meth-kind-of-rambling
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby caniswalensis » 05 Jun 2010, 23:55

Well, I hope someone that would like to actually discuss this article will post.
caniswalensis

Postby really? » 06 Jun 2010, 07:19

really?

Postby ProfWag » 06 Jun 2010, 21:09

I wholeheartedly believe that skepticism and atheisism have little to do with each other. Perhaps in their belief in ghosts, but that's about it when it comes to the paranormal. People become atheists because they were either brought up that way or had a falling out with god which really has nothing to do with being able to move objects with their mind or foretell the future.
ProfWag

Postby really? » 06 Jun 2010, 22:09

really?

Postby ProfWag » 07 Jun 2010, 20:42

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 07 Jun 2010, 21:33

Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 08 Jun 2010, 00:13

i was just pointing out that you tend to ramble a lot and you know it, people have told you that before,
and that scescop´s manifesto, is just pure pointless rambling
but worse than yours. that´s it, just take a joke, i swear to you i wasnt trying to poke the old bear (as you said).
it was just a comment.

by the way
i dont doubt you are brilliant
you are a creator of magic and you know your stuff (magic related)
when talking about how the world works.. well thats another story
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jun 2010, 00:31

NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 08 Jun 2010, 02:11

ciscop

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Jun 2010, 19:57

Firstly... thank you ciscop for your compliments on the magic side... I'll ignore your opinion about the other simply because my life experiences have taught me in ways far different from your own... that's how such should be seen.

As to "getting to the point"... I honestly don't know what you mean. I think I do fair when it comes to clarifying things for folks, especially when I write (sadly, I don't think so well on my feet these days). I do my best to offer insights on a heavily misrepresented topic (from both sides) in as down to earth manner as I can, my goals always being to trim as much fat from things as possible, offering as "logical" an explanation as I can muster (one that frequently ticks off the believers as much as it does the skeptics :oops: )

Believers hate me because I'm robbing them of their fantasy around spirituality, smashing the rose tinted glasses into the ground and telling them to actually SEE what's in front of them.

Skeptics hate me because my philosophy lends the idea of legitimacy to certain aspects of the psychic/paranormal element. Fortunately, most who know me know that I'm not really that far over the great horizon however... :lol: There is a motive to my madness, as they say.

Now maybe it's because I'm part Libra and born on the Cusps of Virgo & Libra, but I'm a big one for "balance" and finding the point of agreement with most all things in life, I've always been that way. That is why it's so important to me to hold to the points of view I tend to express and in so doing, attempt to express them in as clear a manner as possible... especially when I'm doing talks, workshops or shows... I'd loose them all if I couldn't keep things clear to them there :o

Anywho... ciscop, let's put the hatchets away ;)
Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 08 Jun 2010, 22:42

ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 10 Jun 2010, 17:43

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Next

Return to PseudoSkeptic Fallacies