View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Ontario´s ¨The Ugly one¨ monster found!!

Discussions about Unexplained Creatures and Cryptozoology. E.g. Bigfoot, The Lochness Monster, The Jersey Devil, etc.

Ontario´s ¨The Ugly one¨ monster found!!

Postby ciscop » 25 May 2010, 00:08

Cryptozologists are having the time of their lives
they just found a monster in Ontario big trout lake

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/292321

i dont know how to call it in english
but looks like some kind of big rat that hangs himself from the tail
it appeared in an episode of the simpsons, the one that conan o´brien wrote.. ¨monorail¨.. where homer gets a job driving the monorail or metro and when marge opens a closet inside.. there is this kind of rat hanging from the tail.. you know what i am talking about?

anyways
i hope it is a new kind of animal
thats way more exciting
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Re: Ontario´s ¨The Ugly one¨ monster found!!

Postby Nostradamus » 25 May 2010, 02:42

It's an otter. The color of the fur and the fur on the tail are not an opossum. See how stubby the face of the animal is and an opossum has a longer face. I think using the claim of a NZ zoologist to identify an animal in Canada is weird. I think that's a fake claim.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 25 May 2010, 03:12

an otter?
really?

it could be

i really like cryptozoology
i hope one of this days they found bigfoot or a fairy
that would be awesome
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 25 May 2010, 03:32

Can't they run some sort of species DNA test? They have DNA tests to tell the breed(s) of dogs.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 25 May 2010, 13:05

They could do a DNA test, but the folks only took a photo. I think collecting the specimen did not happen. I'll look around and see if I can find any updates.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby really? » 25 May 2010, 21:54

Could be a Stoat aka Ermine and member of the weasel family. Notice the muzzle in this photo looks similar to the muzzle of the dead critter.
really?

Return to Unexplained Creatures / Cryptozoology