[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Will Planet X be a disaster for us? : UFO's / Aliens / ET's - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Will Planet X be a disaster for us?

Discussion about UFO's, Aliens, ET's, Alien Abductions, Ancient Astronaut theories, etc.

Re: Will Planet X be a disaster for us?

Postby Nostradamus » 21 May 2010, 01:02

Craig, one of things I've bumped into while looking over the planet x stupidity is a claim of a prophecy. It is labeled the Cherokee rattlesnake prophecy. When I try to find anything out at all from sites about the Cherokee culture I see no mention of this prophecy. It looks to me like some made up baloney that has been repeated and repeated and repeated by New Agers without a thought as to its authenticity.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 21 May 2010, 02:01

so there´s no cherokee book nor source that actually references the planet x?
is it like the mayan 2012 prophecy? that if you go to the pyramids
(i have travelled all the mayan path all the way from yucatan to guatemala 3 times because i love black and white photography)
and never heard about it from the mayan people but from stupid gringos that believe any new age bs?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 21 May 2010, 10:26

Here is a link to a typical site on the Cherokee rattlesnake prophecy

It's has some really pathetic photos.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 21 May 2010, 21:08

I've not ever heard of that one and I've many distant relatives sporting a Cherokee bloodline (waaay back... my great, great grandmother was half-cherokee and half French I believe it was. She married a Dutchman name Tilly) But even the time I spent on the Rez in North Carolina, I never heard anything like that from them or the Hopi in later life, so I have to second the theory here... but I'll add to it a bit.

Back in the 80's when the New Age types discovered Carlos Castaneda the Native Americans (all) realized the time was ripe for taking financial advantage of the gullible middle-class white folk :lol: They started charging THOUSANDS to participate in weekend retreats in which they "fasted" and went to sweat lodges and so many other odds and ends that quite frankly, were invented for the sake of amusement... that is, the amusement of the Indians leading these "spiritual retreats". And when it comes to the "ethics" around it all... well, I can't fault the Native for using the "enemies" energy against them. This IS part of their prophecy; that they would triumph over their conquerors by using what they hold dear to them, against them... take a look at the past 25 years and how the Native American Nations (including Canada) have gained political, social and economic clout if you don't think such a prophecy ain't happening :twisted:

But this sort of prophetic "vision" is based on simple "Metaphysics" or "Hermetic Law" as it were... what goes around comes around...

Everything is cyclic and that means that everything ebbs & flows... raises and falls. Again, look at the cycles of history and how one race holds the high ground for a number of years/centuries in one region only to have it usurped by another group and over time a neutrality comes about and ultimately, the suppressed become the upper-hand once again and the cycles continues. This is why "Prophecy" relies so much on "history"

BTW... this very course of things was exploited in a "magic" formula used by stage Mentalists for years. I'll not tip who wrote it or the title of the work, but to coin a phrase, "there is a trick to it all" in which the rhythms or cycles can be used as predictors... it's just knowing which to watch, the larger or smaller cycles and how to work the mathematical probabilities ;)
Craig Browning

Previous

Return to UFO's / Aliens / ET's