[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
A new skeptical member : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

A new skeptical member

Introduce yourself here!

A new skeptical member

Postby rachelschmink » 22 Apr 2010, 11:56

Hi. I'm a very analytical person who likes to understand how things work. I don't quite understand why there's both SCEPCOP and SCICOP, since they both claim to have the same goals: apply logic and rationalism to questionable claims.

I think that the JREF million dollar challenge is very interesting, and I'd love to take it on, but unfortunately, don't have any paranormal abilities. I'd love to find someone who does and work with them to win the challenge...
rachelschmink

Re: A new skeptical member

Postby ciscop » 22 Apr 2010, 13:57

welcome
i hope you have a good time here

now with you here.
we have 2 girls on the forum
we are only one short away of hosting our own beauty pageant

have a look around
and i hope you can get randi's money too
we have some rejectees of the jref here amongst us
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 22 Apr 2010, 21:00

Welcome!
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Apr 2010, 04:50

NinjaPuppy

Postby rachelschmink » 23 Apr 2010, 05:10

rachelschmink

Postby ciscop » 23 Apr 2010, 05:28

what is hokey?

i was kidding by the way
that was just the first thing that went thru my head

:-(
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Apr 2010, 05:32

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Apr 2010, 05:33

We had plenty of females here but they all left.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 23 Apr 2010, 06:21

yeah i know
i was just pointing out to the ones that stayed with us
just NP and now Rachel
i already saw her posting some interesting stuff so is gonna be a fun ride
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 23 Apr 2010, 07:30

Hokie is also the mascot of Virginia Tech. Go figure.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 23 Apr 2010, 08:33

now i am confused...
did NP just called me a Mascot??

is it because i am a beaner?
is this a racial thing?? just because we do your lawns now we are mascots?!?!

if that is the case
can i ask you to autoban yourself NP?

is ok to call me a corny
but never a Mascot!!!

(please take this as cheek in tongue like you should do in all my posts)
ciscop

Postby Eteponge » 23 Apr 2010, 08:58

Welcome rachelschmink. :D
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Nostradamus » 23 Apr 2010, 10:15

I'd show you a photo of the VT mascot here, but the school makes so much money off of their licensing they'd probably sue. I'll see if I can come up with a benign image.

Nostradamus

Postby CHUCKFTA » 23 Apr 2010, 10:34

Welcome
CHUCKFTA

Postby Nostradamus » 23 Apr 2010, 10:50

I think if you were to be a mascot you'd need some dramatic changes such as this.
ciscop in is mascot outfit
Nostradamus

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself