[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Jesse Ventura slams reporters about 9/11 (Wow he's the man!) : Conspiracies / Cover Ups - Page 4 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Jesse Ventura slams reporters about 9/11 (Wow he's the man!)

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Re: Jesse Ventura slams reporters about 9/11 (Wow he's the man!)

Postby ciscop » 08 Apr 2010, 11:49

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 08 Apr 2010, 20:42

Fair enough that you posted a video of what you think is not fake, but I was thinking that I would get a video of a TK experiment that other explanations could be ruled out. Since there are several possible explanations other than TK, (you even said so yourself that it could be vibration) then I'm afraid that fakery can be a viable possibility.
ProfWag

Postby NucleicAcid » 08 Apr 2010, 23:39

Okay, well then. This is why the key in science is asking the right questions. (also, fakery implies intentional fakery. saying other explanations are fakery is like saying if you have a confounding variable in a cancer study, that that is fakery.)

It's not specifically macro-PK, but it's a easily measurable effect. I've already discussed the effect of the width of the stasis field (the technique used), and while glass 4 was the specific target, it affected nearby targets, with the effect decreasing as a function of distance (exactly what he expected for that setup).

Effect is f(1,5) = 19.37, p < .05

Some more macro PK in tighter conditions:

And I've already posted this one, but it's worth doing again.

And just for contrast to show that controls really don't make a difference, here's a few videos that are under tighter controls, but are still totally fake:

My whole point here is that it doesn't matter what video I present, one could always argue, "Oh, it's fake." Ergo, if you're going to ask for a video that I think is real, you have to trust that at least that the videos I've selected are ones that I know are not deliberately faked, else it doesn't matter WHAT I present.
Last edited by NucleicAcid on 27 Apr 2010, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, you there. Yes, you.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby ProfWag » 08 Apr 2010, 23:58

If I posted the picture of the Phoenix "UFO" Lights, I would be able to say that these aren't faked. Are they from space liens? That's a different subject altogether, but I'm confident the pictures aren't faked.
Same thing here. You can tell me from now until the sun goes down this video or that video isn't faked and they may very well not be. Doesn't do much for my research into the paranormal however if there aren't controls present in the video to prevent trickery or false results--whether purosely or not on purpose. There are experiments that could be conducted and shown on video that would help the case of TK validity and that is what I was/still am looking for.
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 09 Apr 2010, 01:06

nucleic..
on the last video
just proved how you dont know what to look for..
really..
you are just falling for tricks
you arent a scientist, you are just layman

now.. ask yourself
why is it only moving on the same way? why not stop and the other way?..

he is blowing
air can still get pass thru both glasses
how i know this?
cause that´s a James Hydrick effect.. if you knew anything about the magic arts, you´ll know hydrick and the several tricks he created
just by blowing in a really super cool way

in the original james hydrick effect
he balanced a dollar on a pin inside an aquarium upside down
then he blew.. and just a tiny fraction of the aire get thru (under the glass) and with that the dollar moved
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NucleicAcid » 09 Apr 2010, 01:48

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby ProfWag » 09 Apr 2010, 02:33

ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 09 Apr 2010, 04:04

is funny
whenever a guy that plays with psi wheels and gets tricked by simple magic tricks calls another one an idiot
someone that believes in the power of the mind, what a dumb dumb
get real
you are just an imbecile
i could bet you are special, but in a different way
you got to wear red helmets to go to grammar school right?
well at least i am impressed you learned to type without drooling all over the keyboard
well done sir.
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Apr 2010, 05:00

Just out of curiosity, if you and your friend can demonstrate telekinesis repeatedly why don't you try out for the MDC? You are saying it's real and you even put it on video and are very clear that this is not faked. So why not give it a try?
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby NucleicAcid » 09 Apr 2010, 06:31

I'm not that great at it, and my friend is even more neurotic than I am. He has to lock and bar the door to his room just to practice because he's paranoid about his mother coming in. We're both working on getting better at doing it on command. I would love to get a shot at the challenge (though I've heard that he will only acknowledge people that have some sort of public presence, cause all he really wants to do is expose people as frauds, that's the whole point of the challenge), but I don't have anywhere near the confidence. I'd have to get to a level well above what I was at in high school to even have a chance. Hate to be morbid, but he'll probably be dead by the time I get back up to speed. If the challenge is still around by then, maybe I'd give it a shot. I'd want to start off with smaller, local prizes by lesser known skeptic organizations first, and then work my way up.

NucleicAcid

Postby ciscop » 09 Apr 2010, 08:33

ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Apr 2010, 09:06

The MDC doesn't care about who you are or your exposure. Don't you think the MDC would get a kick out of testing and verifying some unknown who would make all the noise makers look bad? All you have to do is apply. The last person I heard of doing a preliminary challenge was someone who thought they could look inside a human body. Too bad they failed. This was the kidney person. If you believe that you can do TK, then you should give it a whirl. There is lots of baloney surrounding the MDC, but the majority of that is expressed by people like the professor that forget he actually had to do something to win the MDC. Now he's ticked off that he made himself look like a yo-yo. Lots of sour grapes there.

Let's face it, if the MDC finds a winner there is a lot of money to be made and I bet a million dollars is the tip of the iceberg. That goes for the winner and the folks offering up the MDC.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 09 Apr 2010, 09:22

frankly a million
is nothing for what they will get
if they are the ones that find out and make public a real paranormal stunt
too bad they havent found it yet.. just a bunch of baboons and loonies

i cant even thinkthe amount of money
they´ll get..
is so much money in publicity, promotion..
right now JREF is almost broke
a shame that fighting the good cause doesnt get you any money
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Apr 2010, 18:11

Hey Ciscop, I asked you to cool it a few weeks ago but it seems you either have a short memory or don't quite care. It's getting a bit old already. It seems that I can't read one topic here without you going on a spree. I need a vacation, so you're getting a vacation. See you in a week. BTW, the next time, if there is a next time... is a perma-ban.
NinjaPuppy

Jesse Ventura debates Piers Morgan on CNN

Postby Scepcop » 06 May 2011, 23:13

Check out this 40 minute debate between Jesse Ventura and Piers Morgan on CNN.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups