[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Debunking Pseudoskepticism: Common fallacies on ET/UFO : UFO's / Aliens / ET's - Page 7 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Debunking Pseudoskepticism: Common fallacies on ET/UFO

Discussion about UFO's, Aliens, ET's, Alien Abductions, Ancient Astronaut theories, etc.

Re: Debunking Pseudoskepticism: Common fallacies on ET/UFO

Postby jakesteele » 20 Dec 2010, 15:47

Great post, guy. I'll add a few things I've come up with to go along with that.

FTL arguement -
http://www.centauri-dreams.org/?p=1881
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Alcubierre
http://news.discovery.com/space/warp-dr ... ngine.html

It could conceivably be done. If we can think of this now, how about 100 or 1,000 yrs. from now?

Another thing I hear debunkers say is "Why don't they introduce themselves?" This is making the assumption that they think like us and have the same motivations. This is a fallacy I'll call "Presuming to know the mind of an alien"

I always satirically reply that they should think like Capt. Kirk and the Enterprise, whose 5 yrs. mission...they have the prime directive and also, if I went to an inhabited planet that was very warlike, the last thing I'm going to do is land on their White House lawn for tea and crumpets with the Prez. You would want to stay cloaked and observe and maybe decide that you don't want to interfere. Also, if I were to take some of these beings for study, I would do it discreetly out away from the cities.
Debunkers think all UFO photos are fake,
especially the real ones.
jakesteele

Postby capri2 » 20 Dec 2010, 20:05

This is undoubtedly on of the great issues in this debate. My daughter and I are great at this debate and of course we are both believers and the fallacious arguments have entered our heads on many occasions as to whether our theories are true and tried or not. Our greatest debate has been this and undoubtedly many have had the same ideas. From the looks of the advertising on this site this is basically an Aussie site, so let us not dawdle, the theory is simple. I bury a diamond worth $1million in the sand on Bondi Beach and someone goes out there with a shovel and spade and gets one go to dig it up, that is the probability of an alien with our technology turning up on our planet. The reason is simple, electric signal was invented less than 200 years ago. No one can explain this to me except for the black hole scenario, which is very theoretical, that is her argument. So I look for another reason. That is why when I look at encounters I ask the questions I do-what didn't you see, why were you there, your motive for being there. Logical maybe, maybe just me!
capri2

Postby Gumby » 17 Apr 2011, 17:04

UFO's by the very definition as Unidentified Flying Object tells you its a mystery. It could be anything. I have seen no actual proof...anywhere,that ETs exist or that UFO's exist. I hear speculations everywhere of how humans were "created"by these imaginary mystery beings,how we were taught by them to build megaliths. I still see no evidence for it. It could just as easily be said that its a Satanic plot that demons have been working on for ages to seduce the science worshippers away from a belief in God. There is more evidence of Atlantis than there is credible evidence of ET/UFO's. If Atlantis was an advanced culture,with flying machines and ultimate weapons...it easily explains Megaliths. Rather than waste time trying to convince people that these Great Pumpkins/ETs/UFO's exist...first exaust every other possibility rather than placing so much faith in the fringe elements of pseudo"science". After all,its an orderly universe and God invented science. If the best that these ET's/UFO's can come up with these days are crop circles...Im not impressed.
Life on other planets? Why not? That its intelligent or advanced enough to get here is another question. Would Christ allow such interference on His home planet? I sincerly doubt it. Few people doubt Jesus existed/exists...UFO's on the other hand has been given to the fringe for a reason. Finally,one day,the UFO youve been waiting for lands,the UFO from the cave paintings,the UFO from the ancient carvings and then the hatch begins to slowly open....a hush comes over the believers and then...and then? Out pops Satan laughing hysterically having seduced these "believers of ET" away from God and then you get to take a free ride straight to Hell.
Personally,Id rather place my faith where it belongs instead of climbing up on a roof top waving a sign that says..."Ill take you to our Leader".
Gumby

Postby VTerrestrial » 07 Feb 2014, 10:39

I believe the incident happened and that it was a ufo. However, their story about time travel is puzzling. Let's consider that he says they can go way back in time...so that's way back in time from THEIR time, not ours. Which would mean that this most recent time travel was the very furthest back in time that they've ever gone because as he said, the can not go forward...only back.

So what would be the purpose of traveling ever backwards, when they can sample DNA from any time period conceivably for their "bandaid". Why don't they just settle somewhere, do their dna repair on their ship and slip into the general population of their chosen new time period? Perhaps because they look too different. So fine, they've been at this for 50,000 years, are you telling me with all their advanced technology they can't back breed...use dna technology to reverse engineer whatever has gone wrong and create new children that ARE just like us? Then they could just blend in.

Given the simply amazing advances we've had in the last 10 years alone in genetics, with gene therapy already happening, wouldn't you assume that a species so far advanced that they could time travel would also have the technology to take one sample once, then "craft" whatever they wanted from it?

Sorry, but the details of his time traveler story just doesn't make for a very solid or believable story.
VTerrestrial

Postby SydneyPSIder » 09 Feb 2014, 08:27

jesus h. christ. look at this thread. just look at it.

things were different here back in in 2010!
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Feb 2014, 06:06

NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 13 Feb 2014, 06:43

SydneyPSIder

Previous

Return to UFO's / Aliens / ET's