[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Alien Abductions May Be Vivid Dreams, Study Shows : UFO's / Aliens / ET's • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Alien Abductions May Be Vivid Dreams, Study Shows

Discussion about UFO's, Aliens, ET's, Alien Abductions, Ancient Astronaut theories, etc.

Alien Abductions May Be Vivid Dreams, Study Shows

Postby really? » 27 Oct 2011, 11:47

Researchers say they have conducted "the first experiment to ever prove that close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are a product of the human mind."

In a sleep study by the Out-Of-Body Experience Research Center in Los Angeles, 20 volunteers were instructed to perform a series of mental steps upon waking up or becoming lucid during the night that might lead them to have out-of-body experiences culminating in encounters with aliens. According to lead researcher Michael Raduga, more than half the volunteers experienced at least one full or partial out-of-body experience, and seven of them were able to make contact with UFOs or extraterrestrials during these dream-like experiences.

Raduga designed the experiment to test his theory that many reports of alien encounters are actually instances of people experiencing a vibrant, lifelike state of dreaming. If he could SPAM BLOCK people to dream a realistic alien encounter, he said, that could prove that reports of such encounters are really just a product of our imaginations.
alien encounters may be dreams
Alien encounter.

Researchers say they have conducted "the first experiment to ever prove that close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are a product of the human mind."

In a sleep study by the Out-Of-Body Experience Research Center in Los Angeles, 20 volunteers were instructed to perform a series of mental steps upon waking up or becoming lucid during the night that might lead them to have out-of-body experiences culminating in encounters with aliens. According to lead researcher Michael Raduga, more than half the volunteers experienced at least one full or partial out-of-body experience, and seven of them were able to make contact with UFOs or extraterrestrials during these dream-like experiences.

Raduga designed the experiment to test his theory that many reports of alien encounters are actually instances of people experiencing a vibrant, lifelike state of dreaming. If he could SPAM BLOCK people to dream a realistic alien encounter, he said, that could prove that reports of such encounters are really just a product of our imaginations.

"When people experience alien abductions in the night, they usually don't know they are actually in REM sleep and having an out-of-body experience," Raduga told Life's Little Mysteries, adding than an estimated 1 million Americans have such experiences each year. "It's very realistic and people cannot understand how it happens. [Our study] shows that it's not about aliens, it's about human abilities, and it can happen to almost anyone." [7 Things that Create Convincing UFO Sightings]

Study participants were told to try to "separate from their bodies" every time they became half-awake or lucid during the night. If they were able to dream that they had separated from their sleeping bodies, they were then supposed to look for aliens in their homes. If they were unable to have an out-of-body dream experience, they were told to go back to sleep and try again later in the night.

"Some could do it by the first attempt. Some needed three to five attempts to have an out-of-body experience. Not everybody could do it — some were unable to do it because of their fear. They were able to separate from their body but they became too afraid to look for aliens," Raduga said.

By the end of the study, 35 percent of the volunteers said they had made visual contact with aliens, and they described their encounters for the researchers.

One participant, identified as Alexander N., recalled making a successful attempt to separate from his body: "I [then] tried to find aliens. Three of them materialized right before my eyes. They seemed more like creatures from the movie 'The Thing' than tadpoles with eyes like Princess Jasmine. They wanted to scare me, not to 'make contact.' As a result, I was extremely frightened and regained awareness in my own body."

Raduga plans to publish his results and to conduct further studies on humans' ability to fabricate alien encounters that seem real.

This story was provided by Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to LiveScience. Follow Natalie Wolchover on Twitter @nattyover. Follow Life's Little Mysteries on Twitter @llmysteries, then join us on Facebook.

http://www.livescience.com/16743-alien- ... reams.html
really?

Re: Alien Abductions May Be Vivid Dreams, Study Shows

Postby ProfWag » 27 Oct 2011, 20:55

Thanks for that story! Very interesting...
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 27 Oct 2011, 23:40

I've always recognized this kind of research and their findings but I still say that it's incomplete and exceptionally biased give the scenarios and centuries worth of encounters, mass group witnessing and more.

"More" is the operative term here, in that there is a lot more to it all.
Craig Browning

Postby Elhardt » 28 Oct 2011, 05:44

Sounds like another study by typical debunker idiots who know nothing of the phenomena or related facts. So let's point out everything they didn't tell you.

1) People get abducted when wide awake in and the middle of daily activities, so it's not sleep related. Haven't these debunkers even heard of the Barney/Betty Hill case, or the Allagash Four, not to mention many others?

2) As previous poster noted, abductions can happen to multiple people at the same time. In fact the two examples I gave of the most well-known cases fit that category.

3) Abductees may end up with implants, scoop marks, put back in the wrong cloths, dropped back off in the wrong location, etc. Dreams don't account for those things.

4) UFO's are sometimes seen by others in the vicinity of abductions and sometimes traces of landing sites are found.

And I could go on, but I get so tired of people who ignore facts so they can push a false theory. This constant pushing back of knowledge to keep mankind stupid doesn't serve any good.
Elhardt

Postby Arouet » 28 Oct 2011, 07:23

Implants? That would be pretty good evidence - especially if you could show the material's were not terrestrial in origin. Have any such implants been analysed?
Arouet

Postby Nostradamus » 02 Nov 2011, 08:58

I love the people that suggest that an experiment is performed by someone that knows nothing about the phenomena. That sounds
like wishful thinking by someone that realizes that one of their pet beliefs is nothing more than a figment of the imagination. When I think of abductees I think of trailer trash looking for attention. Sorry, but that is my opinion. This study is more than opinion it is an attempt to find out what people can do with their imaginations.

The sort of trailer trash that claims abductions and orifice probes describes their experience in terms of current movie aliens
and what they imagine is current medical technology. What sort of idiots do these wannabees think the rest of us are? They make up
all sorts of dubious stories to cover their obvious lies including:
1. I was awake, yeah I were too
2. me and the other trailer trash was stoled away together
3. they stuck a needle in a place I aint suppose to mention in mixed company
4. see this here nick on me there wuz a thing-a-ma-jig in there for a while that jingled my no-no zone till they took 'er back
5. them al-ee-yuns was juz like the ones in close encounters or ET or whatever it was I seen on TMC last week
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 03 Nov 2011, 03:39

Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 03 Nov 2011, 05:30

Arouet

Postby Nostradamus » 03 Nov 2011, 07:09

There is the automated robot claim. It is roughly this. We are on the verge of being able to make self replicating robots that could be sent out into space. These robots would build replicas of themselves at their destinations that would send messages home and also continue to explore the galaxy. Such robots could cover the galaxy in tens of millions of years.

The question of course is where are they. Where are these robots? They could reveal themselves without fear since no lives are at stake and their home planets are not likely to be revealed. Yet there are no such reports.

I don't doubt aliens exist in our galaxy. I do doubt the claims of people claiming to have seen aliens.
Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 03 Nov 2011, 17:54

Think "Prime Directive" :lol:

They cannot influence or interfere with other life forms until they are obviously ready to become part of the Inter-Galactic Community. Something the human race probably won't live up to for at least another few generations given our inability to get along with one another and solve mutual problems and issues of common concern; until we finally learn to stop being so damn selfish with everything and treat others as we wish to be treated, I'm pretty certain ET & Co. are going to keep things on the down low.

UNLESS :shock: :o OMG!
They wanted us to be a violent, militant race and they're waiting for the stronger warrior group to prove it's dominance :shock:

{insert Twilight Zone theme score here}
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 03 Nov 2011, 20:22

Regardless of the UFO story the fact is that indisputable physical evidence does not exist. Aliens don't drop anything from trash to tools. They don't leave behind any traces of themselves from torn fabric to tissue scraped on plants or mutilated cattle or the homes of abductees. Despite the claims of implants nothing has been shown to be alien. Despite the claims of surgery nothing has been shown rather than rough marks. The latter just fits in with all of the rest of the careful effort by the aliens. :lol:
Nostradamus

Postby August West » 24 Mar 2012, 23:55

Elhardt was very eloquent and did an excellent job of shredding that half-baked attempt to deny the truth. But, like streetcars, there'll be another one along any minute.

Last year, the hot, new excuse was panic at waking up from "sleep paralysis", now it's "vivid dreaming"...are we asleep? are we awake? Make up your minds and get back to me...

Oh, and let me know which of these bullshit excuses explains how Travis Walton was abducted by a flying saucer on his job-site in front of ten men in broad daylight...we can start there...
August West

Postby ProfWag » 25 Mar 2012, 03:46

ProfWag

Postby August West » 25 Mar 2012, 04:46

LOL doctor dog acting like an authority now! Wow! You found wikipedia, you brilliant professor!

I mentioned the case in broader terms, it was seven men, not ten, it was 6 pm in November, but these make no difference whatsoever to the point that "vivid dreaming" can in no way be used as an explanation for most alien abductions.

I will not allow you to obscure the issue, let's hear you argue the point. If you are capable. Tell me how vivid dreaming explains away the Travis Walton case, you empty blowhard. Up to the task?
August West

Postby Arouet » 25 Mar 2012, 08:03

Arouet

Next

Return to UFO's / Aliens / ET's