View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Axis Earth Magic System Pt 1: Auras, Souls, & Spirit Energy

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Axis Earth Magic System Pt 1: Auras, Souls, & Spirit Energy

Postby Firekin4 » 30 Dec 2015, 13:24

I write science-fantasy, or I guess more specifically surreal erotic horror survival science-fantasy; there's a reason I don't do genres, and that's just as well, because I write simply for my own amusement and mental exercise. That said, I pride myself on good prose and in-universe consistency. While I love flashy magic and trippy fantasylands, I also want characters to face scarring and preferably realistic challenges. Thus I'd like my world's magic system to follow real-world physics as closely possible while still being hella awesome. Up first: auras, souls, and spiritual energy? (I apologize for run-on paragraphs, bad phone formatting) What are they, what's the difference, how do they relate to each other, how do/would they work? Could they be made stronger? What would any energy requirements be? This isn't meant to be a debate, I criticize everything but truly doubt little, this is just for brainstorming. Any input is appreciated, but my phone won't do videos.
Firekin4

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy