View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

My Retropsychokinesis Random Number Generator Meta-Study

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: My Retropsychokinesis Random Number Generator Meta-Study

Postby _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ » 23 Oct 2011, 12:29

Arouet,

You're right, getting P=0.00032 out of 342 significance tests is nothing to be excited about. I calculated the binomial probability (Which is technically the same of a One-Tailed P-value) and its P=0.103 (about 1 in 9)

Either it was RetroPK or dumb luck...

lol, nah because I will fail the formal test (P=0.000001)

As I said, I'm no expert in statistics, so don't question me why the hit rate and z-score slightly decreased..

Yes, I will publish it in Skeptiko, but not right now.....
_Ice_Ages_14_Aces_

Re: My Retropsychokinesis Random Number Generator Meta-Study

Postby _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ » 23 Oct 2011, 12:46

I'm not so sure my results are really going back to the mean since the z-score sometimes move back toward the mean and sometimes against the mean. I'm assuming this is normal in significance tests, no?

Yes, getting consistently misses results will null the result (even a single 1 in a billion result in the opposite direction will null my result.

Parodoxically, consistent P<0.05 in the opposite direction (misses) is also count as evidence of psi..

this is why I use Two-Tailed instead of One-Tailed...
_Ice_Ages_14_Aces_

Previous

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy